Hi guys I’ve attached a link with a gaming pc from Curry’s. Would someone kindly take a look at the specs and see how well this would run P3Dv4? Is appreciate your comments I tried to get some help from the curry’s people but they weren’t interested in helping. I’m not expecting it to be 100% top class but if I’m paying out a load of money I want to know it’ll run smooth.

Technical specifications for LENOVO Legion T530-28ICB Intel® Core™ i5 GTX 1060 Gaming Desktop - 1 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD

OVERVIEW
Type Gaming PC
Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit)
PERFORMANCE
Processor - Intel® Core™ i5-8400 Processor 
- Hexa-core 
- 2.8 GHz / 4.0 GHz 
- 9 MB cache
RAM - 8 GB DDR4 (2666 MHz)
- 32 GB maximum installable RAM
Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
- 3 GB GDDR5
Storage - 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm)
- 256 GB SSD
CONNECTIVITY
WiFi - Dual-band AC WiFi
- 1x1
Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet port
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.1
USB - USB 3.1 x 6
- USB 2.0 x 2
Video connections - HDMI x 1
- DisplayPort x 1
- DVI x 1
Audio connections 3.5 mm jack
SOUND
Audio software Dolby Atmos
MEDIA
Disc drive DVD
FEATURES
Mouse / trackpad USB mouse
Keyboard USB keyboard

34 minutes ago, jordanf93 said:

but if I’m paying out a load of money

Out of interest, how much does this system go for? Building something like that yourself you can get by with around €650. Prebuilt should go around same but you will most certainly end up with bottom of the barrel motherboard, RAM and PSU. Upgrading that down the line is severely limited.

That said, it can run P3Dv4 on rather low settings and even then, that 3GB or VRAM could create some serious issues. I would definitely pass that deal and save up for a beefier build.

1 hour ago, jordanf93 said:

Hi guys I’ve attached a link with a gaming pc from Curry’s. Would someone kindly take a look at the specs and see how well this would run P3Dv4? Is appreciate your comments I tried to get some help from the curry’s people but they weren’t interested in helping. I’m not expecting it to be 100% top class but if I’m paying out a load of money I want to know it’ll run smooth.

It will not run smoothly except possibly at the lowest settings.  I agree with Evros ,pass on it.

Below is a recent thread in the Hardware subforum here at AVSIM, which might interest you:

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

As somebody who once worked for that chain, Lenovo pay them handsome dividends to flog their kit. I bet the salesperson tried to talk you into taking 'added insurance for the  peace of your mind, called PC Performance🤣

Not an expert, but my system is like 8 years old, was never a gaming pc, but it's capable of running p3d a lot smoother than the linked PC. Nowadays, the minimum would be 16GB memory, 8 GB graphic card and beefy SSD to accomodate P3D with all the add-ons. So, another "Wait for a better offer" or perhaps buy a used system, i'm sure that there are many in this forum that are planning on buying a new one. What type of planes and what type of sceneries you intend to use? GA aircrafts need a lot less than big birds, my system can't handle more than a F50, anything beyond that runs at 10fps, even the Vertex DA 62 gives me headaches, runs on 25 fps max. If you're in for a VFR (GA) flying, that's another reason to have more power. So before you ask about the opinion, you should also reveal the intended mode of flying. 

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx 1080 Ti, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

You are obviously UK based.  Let us know your budget, and we'll see what that will get you.  You will be COMPLETELY UNDERWHELMED by that PC

• Upvote 1

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Hi Guys 

Thanks very much for the advice. That PC was going for £699. I don't have so much a budget but I don't want to really spend excess 1K as its a computer for gaming. If it can't be done then it can't be done. 

Cheers

On 12/28/2019 at 11:29 AM, Charlatan said:

You are obviously UK based.  Let us know your budget, and we'll see what that will get you.  You will be COMPLETELY UNDERWHELMED by that PC

24 minutes ago, jordanf93 said:

Hi Guys 

Thanks very much for the advice. That PC was going for £699. I don't have so much a budget but I don't want to really spend excess 1K as its a computer for gaming. If it can't be done then it can't be done. 

Cheers

Hopefully, Charlatan can come up with a viable solution. The Currys deal is your last resort fall-🤞back option.

37 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Hopefully, Charlatan can come up with a viable solution. The Currys deal is your last resort fall-🤞back option.

Exactly it’s not ideal and I’ll look around elsewhere first. I’m not in any rush but at some point in the near future... 

it’s more of a want than a need to upgrade, I don’t play FS as much now but seeing all the new adding etc gets me excited lol 

Just had a quick look, and this seems to be the best I can find at the minute:

https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/battlebox/ccl-battlebox-essence-gaming-pc/

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

On 12/30/2019 at 9:20 AM, Charlatan said:

Just had a quick look, and this seems to be the best I can find at the minute:

https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/battlebox/ccl-battlebox-essence-gaming-pc/

Thanks for that it’s a great help with what I actually need. 

I’ve seen one similar in Argos of all places, how does it meet the specs? 

CPU and Memory:

Intel Core i59600k processor. 

Hex core processor. 

Processor speed 3.7GHz with a burst speed of 4.6GHz. 

16GB RAM DDR4. 

Hard drive:

2TB HDD storage. 

250GB SSD storage. 

Hard drive speed 5400RPM. 

Graphics:

Dedicated graphics. 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB memory. 

Interfaces and connectivity:

2 x USB 2.0 ports. 

2 x USB 3.0 ports. 

4 x USB 3.1 ports. 

Ethernet port. 

2 HDMI ports. 

1 DVI port. 

Wireless/Wi-Fi enabled. 

Operating system and software:

Microsoft Windows 10.

Argos have been taken over by Sainsbury's, so maybe they are branching into pastures anew.

Rig sounds good, if that's within your budget. Graphics card is far better upgrade that the Curry's model, for starters.

13 hours ago, jordanf93 said:

Thanks for that it’s a great help with what I actually need. 

I’ve seen one similar in Argos of all places, how does it meet the specs? 

CPU and Memory:

Intel Core i59600k processor. 

Hex core processor. 

Processor speed 3.7GHz with a burst speed of 4.6GHz. 

16GB RAM DDR4. 

Hard drive:

2TB HDD storage. 

250GB SSD storage. 

Hard drive speed 5400RPM. 

Graphics:

Dedicated graphics. 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB memory. 

Interfaces and connectivity:

2 x USB 2.0 ports. 

2 x USB 3.0 ports. 

4 x USB 3.1 ports. 

Ethernet port. 

2 HDMI ports. 

1 DVI port. 

Wireless/Wi-Fi enabled. 

Operating system and software:

Microsoft Windows 10.

If it's the Stormforce one at 1199, it's decent enough spec-wise, but still 200 quiid dearer than the one I linked you, at a lower spec.  It would do the job (albeit not quite as well), but would be far better than the Currys one.

UKV6427

1 hour ago, Charlatan said:

If it's the Stormforce one at 1199, it's decent enough spec-wise, but still 200 quiid dearer than the one I linked you, at a lower spec.  It would do the job (albeit not quite as well), but would be far better than the Currys one.

that’s true actually mate. It’ll be £100 cheaper as I’d get it with win 10 installed I’m not that savvy with those things. Much better spec. Could definitely be a goer ! 

2 hours ago, jordanf93 said:

that’s true actually mate. It’ll be £100 cheaper as I’d get it with win 10 installed I’m not that savvy with those things. Much better spec. Could definitely be a goer ! 

Let us know how you get on.  Only thing I would do is add a Hard Disk for storage in the customise options.  Beauty you've got of getting this rather than a pre-built is you'll be able to upgrade stuff down the line as well

UKV6427