Sign in to follow this  
abarter

suggestions of a bizjet for P3D4.5

4 hours ago, rmeier said:

The Phenom 300 is nice to fly, but, extremely "buggy"...with the expansion pack or SVS, you'll never know from one flight to the next if you'll be able to program a flight pla

I fly the Carenado Phenom 300 quite regularly and don't find it buggy at all. Never had a problem. It handles nicely. I use it without any mods. Again, as mentioned earlier: it's a pretty shell around stock FSX systems. If you're ok with that, you'll enjoy it. 

I slept on grabbing the Flysimware Lear 35 on the merits of this thread and other reviews.  There's just some things about it which hold me back, even on sale.  I have been awaiting the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 v3.0 for some time now, and think I will just continue to do so.  It looks to be the benchmark in this realm.

8 minutes ago, medx421 said:

I slept on grabbing the Flysimware Lear 35 on the merits of this thread and other reviews.  There's just some things about it which hold me back, even on sale.  I have been awaiting the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 v3.0 for some time now, and think I will just continue to do so.  It looks to be the benchmark in this realm.

My choice as well.

Thanks for all who commented. I'm glad I asked and I think I will wait for the Xtreme 25 or the Milviz 34R, whichever comes first, but the suggestion of the KA350i is really tempting. Although I'm looking for a jet, a fast turboprop is not a bad idea either as I will not be doing trips over 1500nm anyhow. Not enough free time in the day for more than that. 🙂

I'm more concerned about realistic flight models and 3d cockpit than the skin of the aircraft. It seems the consensus on the 350i is good. I'll stay away from the Phenom's. I've read elsewhere the same comments that are here so it seems like it's not the one for me. Thanks for steering me away.

I was PM'd why I didn't like the Carenado CJ2. It's simply because the climb is bad. It's supposed to handle up to 3400 ft/min but above FL200 with the suggested N1 climb as 94.6% I'm only getting 500 - 1000 ft/min and I have to push the throttle forward to 100% to get the 1000. Plus the throttle is really sensitive. Throttle back 2-4% and there's a major jerk back that would give a real pilot a whiplash or smack your head on the dashboard.

Happy New Year to all!

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

If it's not too late, I totally agree with the Flysimware's FA-50.  Fun, fun airplane.  I also recently started to use the speed hold "cheat" and flew the airplane at Mach .70 for 7.5 hours and landed w/ 45 mins of fuel remaining.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Waiting also ... Milviz also have the L60R in development (if it's anywhere near as good as the KA350i then it's winner) ... no idea on release dates for either.

Cheers, Rob.

Fixed

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

4 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

If it's not too late, I totally agree with the Flysimware's FA-50.  Fun, fun airplane.  I also recently started to use the speed hold "cheat" and flew the airplane at Mach .70 for 7.5 hours and landed w/ 45 mins of fuel remaining.

Interesting, the first business jet I flew for any length of time was the old freeware F50. Until I found the Eaglesoft Citation X (v1).

Unfortunately we seem to struggle for quality "modern" business jets. As much as I like the F1 Mustang it's a bit slow for me!. Hoping MilViz Lear & Eaglesoft Citation 560+ will improve things on that front, although that said given the likely price of those offerings I'll probably be waiting until the dust settles with the new Sim!

The XP Lear looks great and v2 is an absolute blast to fly, and always heard good stuff about Flysimware, so may well go for F50 myself as it's on offer.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Carenado's C560 is almost done too.

If it's got an FMS watch out though lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Unfortunately we seem to struggle for quality "modern" business jets.

This is the problem. The Falcon 50 and the Learjets are nice, have good systems simulation, look good to great, etc. But, looking at them, I just can't shake the feeling that I'm looking at a couple of crusty jalopies from another era. 

Again, my personal opinion, so don't get a case of the vapors because you disagree, but I'd like to have a "study-level" Pilatus PC12NG or a Phenom 300E, with state of the art modern touch screen avionics.

What's the likelihood of a developer for P3D stepping up to the plate on this? I'd say zero. Carenado's "lite" biz jet offerings are cleaning out the market, and the few simmers who would step up and pay $$$ are not enough to justify the investment.

Plus, it seems to take developers anywhere from 5-15 years to bring a high end addon to market. Just look at Eaglesoft. By the time they bring their planes to MS 2020, the concept of an "aeroplane" will be as quaint as a "horse and buggy".

So, our choices continue to be limited. 

That said, flying the PC 12 and the Citation S550 with the Flight 1 GTN integration is quite enjoyable and immersive...and Bert Pieke and others have produced excellent mods that add even more enjoyment (and accuracy).

Carenado is like the Stephen King of flightsimming: they just turn them out. Eaglesoft is lilke Donna Tartt: great literature, but by the time a new book comes out half the audience is already dead or in a retirement home. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Carenado's C560 is almost done too.

If it's got an FMS watch out though lol

Lol, that's one I will 100% not be buying, I can guarantee I'd get more value flushing my cash down the toilet.

20 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

This is the problem. The Falcon 50 and the Learjets are nice, have good systems simulation, look good to great, etc. But, looking at them, I just can't shake the feeling that I'm looking at a couple of crusty jalopies from another era. 

Again, my personal opinion, so don't get a case of the vapors because you disagree, but I'd like to have a "study-level" Pilatus PC12NG or a Phenom 300E, with state of the art modern touch screen avionics.

What's the likelihood of a developer for P3D stepping up to the plate on this? I'd say zero. Carenado's "lite" biz jet offerings are cleaning out the market, and the few simmers who would step up and pay $$$ are not enough to justify the investment.

Plus, it seems to take developers anywhere from 5-15 years to bring a high end addon to market. Just look at Eaglesoft. By the time they bring their planes to MS 2020, the concept of an "aeroplane" will be as quaint as a "horse and buggy".

So, our choices continue to be limited. 

That said, flying the PC 12 and the Citation S550 with the Flight 1 GTN integration is quite enjoyable and immersive. 

Lol mostly agree with you, the 550 is probably the only Carenado jet I actually fly, although I own a lot of them. Also the PC12 isn't awful with the GTN installed, but won't be wasting any more money on them.

Love to see some study level modern business jets out, but will probably need to wait a few months before I'd get the use out of them... At which point I'm looking at hardware upgrades pending the new sim...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

We devs are developing ways to speed up development so that it *doesn't* take 5 years to bring something out....

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

8 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

uc?id=1f5732C_MMp3omNy_mNj2JsVB_7EBmiW5

Confused?

Cheers, Rob.

I'm going to take a guess from left field, and say that "L34R" is somehow a weird artistic way to write "LEAR" maybe?

• Upvote 1

Also to avoid lawyers doing google searches and threatening name/trademark lawsuits.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

So, our choices continue to be limited.  Eaglesoft is lilke Donna Tartt: great literature, but by the time a new book comes out half the audience is already dead or in a retirement home. 

We understand your frustration so we can only state that the Service Release for the 32 Bit XLS+ w/PL21/FMS 3000 will complete soon which opens the door for 64 Bit development. That means P3DV4 and MSFS 2020 sooner than you may think...😉

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I think it's unfortunate that some/most Dev. who do have A/C out, don't have biz jets modeled.

Aerosoft CRJ could do a Challenger/Global.

PMDG could do a BBJ.

FSLabs could do ACJ.

Capt. Sim could do 757 w/ aux. tanks.

I do know that iFly models the BBJ though which is nice. 

Edited by Dreamflight767
  • Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home