Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Western Global ready for revenue flights again.

Getting ready to depart Shreveport Regional (WG's MRO base), bound for their main hub at Southwest Florida International airport. There's 5 tons of ballast up front to keep things in shape. (FSX NOTAM: Sky Sim's MD-11 aircraft manager currently only has input fields for the PAX versions, but you still see the %MAC displayed when you alter payload and fuel via FSX's menu.)

vhLc5pY.jpg

Turning on to course. She's quite nippy with minimal payload and fuel!

KuNQR9R.jpg

Bye, bye Shreveport.

muTA6Kb.jpg

Climbing up to cruise altitude.

hqu4zsY.jpg

Feet wet over the Gulf of Mexico.

C3YogcN.jpg

Descending towards KRSW.

KIKmk72.jpg

First touchdown on a wet runway: Yes, she bounced...

5nco9rd.jpg

However, no drama after that. :) Taxiing in. (FSX NOTAM: Shame there's no rain on the windows - the wiper switches are functional, but full screen FSX doesn't do raindrops, I believe.)

ZMvNpY3.jpg

Kf6Urcp.jpg

Not sure where we'll be going to - I'll have to check the roster and the flightplans & get back to you. :cool:.

b5Rsf3F.jpg

Enjoy.

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Right that's it! I'm going to have to paint the Western Global after all. 😄

My FR24 filter is AN12 ,T154, IL62, IL76, AN124, B742, MD82, MD83, GLF3, MD87, MD86 and MD11.

So nice to see so many MD-11 still flying.

Keep 'em coming Mark.

Edited by edetroit
  • Like 1

That's the spirit, Ed! 

Incidentally, by the end of this coming year, (2020), Lufthansa will be retiring all their MD-11s :sendu:

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

About time, Ed! :biggrin: Now of course you could stop there, until such time as WG apply the full livery to their MD-11s.

Also I note that your MD-11 (PMDG?)has the full animations for the undercarriage doors :sendu: Sky Sim's V2.2 somehow lost the main door and one of the nosewheel door animations, yet Sky Sim were unable to replicate our findings when we reported it (myself & Catnip Leaves).

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson

5 hours ago, HighBypass said:

About time, Ed! :biggrin: Now of course you could stop there, until such time as WG apply the full livery to their MD-11s.

WIP49312812572_92851a1b44_o.jpg

5 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Also I note that your MD-11 (PMDG?)has the full animations for the undercarriage doors :sendu: Sky Sim's V2.2 somehow lost the main door and one of the nosewheel door animations, yet Sky Sim were unable to replicate our findings when we reported it (myself & Catnip Leaves).

I do use the PMDG MD-11. Modelwise there are more faults than I would expect from PMDG. (maybe that's why it never made it to P3D) Systemswise...superb!

Edited by edetroit
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/29/2019 at 10:07 AM, HighBypass said:

Incidentally, by the end of this coming year, (2020), Lufthansa will be retiring all their MD-11s :sendu:

Had flown my only MD-11 (Pax) flight in KLM’s MD-11 just before KLM retired theirs back many years ago...(cannot ever forget (the very rough and persistently long) turbulence over mid-Atlantic)...the plane and the pilots pulled through admirably...

Didn’t know about LH’s retirement...have seen their MD-11s at Frankfurt...(I always ended up on their A330/A340 or B747-8)...

Yes, it will be sad to see them go...!

[And, Ed, in your FR24 filter, could you move the (massive but rarely seen) AN-124, up front please...oh well, it’s not my Radar screen...🙂...]

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 12:00 AM, edetroit said:

WIP

Outstanding work on those liveries Ed!

Several of these WGA ships are former Lufthansa Cargo aircraft on which I had 15 jumpseat rides. Sadly they will all be gone by the end of this year, but they will continue to live in my FS2004.

• Like 2

***3 Holes FTW***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

2 hours ago, N864DA said:

Outstanding work on those liveries Ed!

Several of these WGA ships are former Lufthansa Cargo aircraft on which I had 15 jumpseat rides. Sadly they will all be gone by the end of this year, but they will continue to live in my FS2004.

Thankyou sir,

Threeholers will always have a place to live and fly on my sim. (as AI as well)

I'm am testing Flight no: WGN4126 VVTS/OMDW for a video flight at the mo'

Problem is I am going to have to build OMDW

Having departed VVTS at dawn.

49353235107_39e1e089b4_o.jpg

Expediting the UMAMI 4Y arrival which I have also written for FS ATC

49353235187_a292249966_o.jpg

OMDW is just an AFcad right now but I will plump her up.

49352571188_c8e65ba696_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1