Sign in to follow this  
barnstormer716

Logitech Radio Panel & Multi Panel not working?

I received these for Christmas and have installed them as indicated in the PDF instructions.  The computer (a Jet Line with Windows 7) recognizes both in the Devices and Printers section with a nice picture of each.  A right click on each shows them ready to go.

However, neither comes up in FSX.  I have yet to get the acceptance questions when starting FSX and aside from a slight red glow on the Multi Panel screen, there's no life indicated in either.  If I reboot the computer though, the Radio panel will flash it's numbers briefly.  I've been watching videos and trying things others have tried but have had no success.  I have asked Logitech to help and they've basically told me how to install it and where to find the plug in which I had already done.  The plug in downloaded quickly but took twenty minutes to install which I thought was strange.  It never gave me the prompt to plug in the USB cords that Logitech said it should, but after I pressed finish, I plugged them in and still nothing.

If anyone has some ideas as to what I should try next I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bill Cox

You need to make sure you are actually running the plugin program. Open up your exe.xml file and check that you have an entry in there that looks like it launches a Saitek or Logitech branded program. If not, that's your problem and you need to add it. Alternatively you can run the program manually. I can't remember what the latest version is called but you should be able to find it in all the usual places. There also used to be a test program that you can run outside of FSX to show you if the panels are working.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I'm sure that's what I should do, but I'm not very computer savy.  I think I found the exe.xml file.  I did a search and came up with: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon> </Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>UT2</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Which I'm guessing doesn't include the Logitech Plug In.  I have no idea how to add the plug in or run it manually or even where it is on the computer.  The install screen never told me any of that information.

check to see if you have this document in "username/documents"  exe.xml.rtf

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Saitek Panel(s) Plugin for FSX</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlight FSX Plugin\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>

<CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Saitek Panel(s) Plugin for FSX</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe</Path>

<CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Edited by winged532

I just got a radio panel and got it working.  First I had to make sure I chose the right one.  I noticed on the web site they had plugins for different versions of P3D.  The other thing I had to do was to fix the USB Power Management.  I found a pretty easy "automated" method.  See link. I ran that program and followed the instructions.  

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

19 hours ago, barnstormer716 said:

I'm sure that's what I should do, but I'm not very computer savy.  I think I found the exe.xml file.  I did a search and came up with:

Which I'm guessing doesn't include the Logitech Plug In.  I have no idea how to add the plug in or run it manually or even where it is on the computer.

Here's how to proceeed.

(1) Find the program and run it manually. According to another post above it will be here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlight FSX Plugin\SaiFlightSimX.exe

If yours is a Logitech-sourced driver it may be called something else but you ought to be able to find it. When you find it, just run it by double-clicking on it, or right-clicking and selecting 'open'. You probably need to have FSX running before you do this. Your panels should now be alive.

(2) If the above was successful, you need to add a section to exe.xml. You will see several sections like this: <Launch.Addon> ... <Launch.Addon>. Just copy and pasted one of these sections and then edit the <Path> ... </Path> line to be the location of the Saitek plugin you found above. This should now launch the panel driver automatically when you start FSX. This is supposed to be added to the exe.xml file during the install but it doesn't always work.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Okay, at last something has come up.  I clicked on the Logitech plug in and then the application.  It says the program can't start because SimConnect.dll is missing from my computer.

It says to download it again, but I've done this multiple times already?

13 minutes ago, barnstormer716 said:

Okay, at last something has come up.  I clicked on the Logitech plug in and then the application.  It says the program can't start because SimConnect.dll is missing from my computer.

It says to download it again, but I've done this multiple times already?

Ah yes, there are (at least) three versions of Simconnect and you should install them all. You can find them here, among other places. (Don't worry that this is for 'FsPassengers', it's just a conveninent place to find the DLLs.)

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Well, several hours and much frustration later:

I downloaded the simconnect as you suggested, no problem so far.  Then I began trying to install each of the three.  It seemed to go quickly until I had a half green bar and 1 second remaining.  It said:  "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect client v 10.0.61259.0  This took fifteen minutes before it told me:

An error occurred during the installation of assembly   Then it gave a lot of numbers I won't bore you with and it said to refer to Help and Support for more information. At this popint it took twenty more minutes before the box and the little turning circle dissappeared.  It did this same thing for all three simconnect installs and of course they didn't work in the end.

I'm in way over my head on this at this point.

12 hours ago, barnstormer716 said:

I'm in way over my head on this at this point.

It is really hard to be completely prescriptive here as I am on thin ice myself. However, checking my desktop installation shows me that I installed the Simconnect libraries on 1st December last year, on which date I also appear to have installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) package. I am presuming from this that I discovered the Simconnect relies on this. First I would check whether you have this installed already (Control Panel/Programs and Features) and if not, consider getting and instaling it, then re-trying the Simconnect installs.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

I do have that, in fact a number of editions of it.  The latest added 12/26/19 which tells me it was added by some program or I was told to add it.  I don't remember, but it was already there from last July and even further back.

Anyway, I've herd you mention adding the plug in manually.  Is that a way to bypass the simconnect?  Or is it simply a must have feature?

54 minutes ago, barnstormer716 said:

Anyway, I've herd you mention adding the plug in manually.  Is that a way to bypass the simconnect?  Or is it simply a must have feature?

No, Simconnect is the interface to FSX and the plugin needs it to do anything useful. All I meant was running it manually, rather than to have it auto-start (the exe.xml business). Given your descriptoin of the installation I wonder if it was trying to replace files that were in use, hence the long pauses. I guess you could try running the Simconnect .msi files right after re-starting Windows. Other than that, I don't really know what else to try. Someone with more Windows knowledge could probbaly interpret the error codes you saw, so it might be worth saving those if it happens again.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Thanks for your help.  I feel like you've pointed me in the right direction.  Now to figure out how to correct the computer.  I think it's the problem rather than the Panels.

You should consider adding Spad.Next to your sim.  It replaces all of that crappy Logitech software and drivers for these panels....Does a much better job driving them and all of the peripherals you would want to add.

Les O'Reilly

42 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

You should consider adding Spad.Next to your sim.  It replaces all of that crappy Logitech software and drivers for these panels....Does a much better job driving them and all of the peripherals you would want to add.

+1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /