Sign in to follow this  
severniae

VR - no 2D

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem in native VR - I just updated graphics drivers and now no 2d panels will come up at all.

They show in non-VR, but not within the VR system. Tried a client re-install, and nothing.

Prior to drivers update, I was having some issues with the 2d panels coming up - they would sometimes take multiple clicks before appearing.

Help appreciated.

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Anyone?

So a little update. I cleared my shader cache and 2d is showing again. However, where before 2d panels would come up immediately upon the relevant hotkey being pressed, it now takes several attempts for them to appear. It's almost as if P3D is ignoring the keypresses a few times before finally registering on attempt X.

I don't know if this is VR behaviour or happens in monitor mode too as I never fly non-vr.

If anyone has seen anything similar or has any ideas I'd be keen to hear from you.

James W

I think at times like this you should fall back to flat screen and check the sim operation for expected performance using default aircraft. I recently had a situation where a freeware aircraft would show a 2D panel on the monitor correctly but in VR the panel was a black square frozen in the middle of the view. Other payware aircraft panels would work normally in VR.

So, I think I fixed it.

Updated all resists and FSUIPC to latest versions, and it's back to normal again! Hazaa!

• Like 1

James W