Sign in to follow this  
igorbischi

Flaps remain down after NGXu update

Hello.

I did two SOP 2 flights  after latest NGXu update (2.91.0046).

In both of them the PM didn't lower flaps on the after landing procedures.

This didn't happen before this NGXu update.

Thanks.

Igor.

Edited by igorbischi

Igor Bischi

If the temperate is cold and ambient precipitation is detected, the FO will leave the flaps down during taxi in case slush, etc., got stuck in the flap tracks.

You wouldn't want to try raising the flaps with junk in the flap tracks.

So what you experienced is deliberate.

When you're at the gate, you can manually raise the flaps.  Pretend the engineer inspected them.

Cheers,

Did you call for the after landing procedure by saying "Ok to clean up", or did you just lower the speed brake to initiate it?

I've been trying to figure this out, too. I think he leaves them down if I just lower the speed brake and he raises them if I tell him to clean up. Still trying to nail down the conditions that cause this. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 minutes ago, byork said:

If the temperate is cold and ambient precipitation is detected, the FO will leave the flaps down during taxi in case slush, etc., got stuck in the flap tracks.

You wouldn't want to try raising the flaps with junk in the flap tracks.

So what you experienced is deliberate.

When you're at the gate, you can manually raise the flaps.  Pretend the engineer inspected them.

Cheers,

That makes sense. Temp was -6C on my last landing.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Ok, thanks.

There wasn't precipitations at arrival (11.00 am today, at LJLJ), but the temperature and dew point were compatible with icing condition. My mistake, i didn't check the metar properly. I checked it only now 🙂

Igor

Igor Bischi

37 minutes ago, igorbischi said:

Ok, thanks.

There wasn't precipitations at arrival (11.00 am today, at LJLJ), but the temperature and dew point were compatible with icing condition. My mistake, i didn't check the metar properly. I checked it only now 🙂

Igor

Pardon me, it's not looking for precipitation.  It's looking at the actual surface condition (non-dry as detected by the sim).

Again, not perfect, but it's the best we can do to try to simulate this.

• Like 1