Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Lanacion.com.ar interview with Neumann and Wloch

"-Suppose I only want the simulator. If I only buy FS2020, Am I going to have access to map streaming & other features?"

"-Exactly"

1 hour ago, Scottoest said:

But much like Game Pass games can have in-game DLC and microtransactions

After reading your post again, now I undertand what you meant  & I can see that hapenning, for example: having a subscription for 4k textures, But I don't think It's impossible to have a subscription free game.

Sorry for the people that gave me likes, I changed my opinion😅.

Edited by Lokote1998
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why does his answer to the first question start with "we still don't have all the details"?

If you're selling it, it's on Game Pass, and there's no subscription model of any kind... that's pretty much all of the purchase details.

Two of those questions just deal with the purchase options I mentioned before already, but:

"-Suppose I only want the simulator. If I only buy FS2020, Am I going to have access to map streaming & other features?"

"-Exactly"

certainly sounds like it might confirm no subscription model of any kindThough a brief "Exactly" in a Spanish language website interview sure seems like a curious way to confirm what was a huge lingering question over the sim, considering "Pricing Model" was one of the Top Questions listed in their December 19th feedback snapshot.

4 minutes ago, Lokote1998 said:

Check my new edit, I changed my mind @Scottoest

I saw that, but your translation of it does present new questions, as it regards that one answer I highlighted - "Exactly".  The rest tracks with what I had previously said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lokote1998 said:

Check my new edit, I changed my mind @Scottoest

I think you had it right the first time lol. "If I only buy the simulator" that's a big clue to understanding what's going on. Also keep in mind that this is a very recent interview.

Edited by Krakin

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

5 hours ago, Scottoest said:

It makes far more sense to assume he means you won't ONLY be able to get the sim via Game Pass.  But much like Game Pass games can have in-game DLC and microtransactions, they could also have a subscription option for certain tiers of access.

gamepass is generally a two tier model.

Games pass games you "buy". current list here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games (In Beta for PC)

A Game pass subscription which gives you access to online features, discounts on other gamepass games, "free" DLC content and "run on any device" you are signed into your gamepass account on.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

With the "lifetime" of the simulator of 10 years (the time they intend to continue development for it and fix bugs, improve features), I wonder what happens to those who buy a copy outright. Will they also get all these updates/extensions over 10 years? We don't know yet, but for me this is an open question.

• Like 1

Siggy Schwarz

28 minutes ago, siggy said:

With the "lifetime" of the simulator of 10 years (the time they intend to continue development for it and fix bugs, improve features), I wonder what happens to those who buy a copy outright. Will they also get all these updates/extensions over 10 years? We don't know yet, but for me this is an open question.

gamepass games are 100% identical builds across all systems (i.e. xbox and pc).

its basically just a rebranding of UWP that got off to a rough start.

Ive not seen any available on disk for PC (that will likely change when PC is out of beta), the purchase is bound to your windows login and downloaded into an encrypted folder you dont have write access to. When they do come they will likely be similar to xbox disks and just include a download helper.

more here from the may announcement

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2019/05/30/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-is-coming-to-pc/

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

9 hours ago, mSparks said:

gamepass games are 100% identical builds across all systems (i.e. xbox and pc).

its basically just a rebranding of UWP that got off to a rough start.

Ive not seen any available on disk for PC (that will likely change when PC is out of beta), the purchase is bound to your windows login and downloaded into an encrypted folder you dont have write access to. When they do come they will likely be similar to xbox disks and just include a download helper.

more here from the may announcement

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2019/05/30/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-is-coming-to-pc/

Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about... This is definitely not true. Games for Xbox are never the same as for PC (only except games designed originally for Xbox and then ported for PC) and the Gamepass doesn't change that. The consoles games must have fixed limited graphic settings for guaranted fps in every situation with mid range hardware. PC version do not need this fixed limits and allow better settings for better hardware. MSFS2020 is designed originally for PC, not Xbox. The Xbox version will be created later and will be limited to the hardware capabilities of the new consoles, like most other games ported to consoles.

Edited by ludekbrno

38 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Games for Xbox are never the same as for PC

Already are, and "were" not "will be".

The new XBOX is just a windows 10 PC with extra DRM, the [stated] goal for 2020 is to make PC <->  XBOX wholly equivalent. So all XBOX games playable on PC, all PC games play on the latest XBOX - at the very least already within the Play Anywhere universe, intention is to broaden that to all Gamepass games for XBOX2020/Series X.

List of titles already in the fold here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

thanks for the interview !

it's always cool to get some information before January 9th.

I can see from the various quotes that the person I ignore  is still very active. Even to the point of disturbing one of the moderators.

The best thing is really to ignore him. He is not looking for exchange but only by all means to denigrate flight simulator 2020, because it's not X-plane, it's not Laminar, it's not Linux.

I'm not a moderator myself, if not for as long as I would have banned it and that as many times as necessary, even if it was under different pseudonyms. Because he's only here to close threads, he doesn't really have to do anything here. 

He decided to waste time in a forum about a game he hates. Don't waste time with him, you can't have the last word. if no one responds to his provocations he'll get bored. Now he's just watching for the next person who falls into his trap.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Already are, and "were" not "will be".

The new XBOX is just a windows 10 PC with extra DRM, the [stated] goal for 2020 is to make PC <->  XBOX wholly equivalent. So all XBOX games playable on PC, all PC games play on the latest XBOX - at the very least already within the Play Anywhere universe, intention is to broaden that to all Gamepass games for XBOX2020/Series X.

List of titles already in the fold here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

It does not mean, that must be completely identical. The consoles will never have such hardware, as high range PC. Because of the console's price they will have only at most a mid range hardware. For Xbox there will be fixed limit of gpraphic settings, attachable accessories etc. and for PC limitations will be unlocked. Is it identical or not? 😉

Edited by ludekbrno

37 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

that must be completely identical. The consoles will never have such hardware, as high range PC

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-specs

Processor    Custom AMD Zen 2-based CPU (8x @ 3.6 GHz)
Graphics    Custom AMD Navi-based GPU (12 TF RDNA)
Memory    16GB GDDR6 RAM (13GB guaranteed for game developers)
Storage    NVMe SSD (we've heard read speeds of anywhere up to 2GB/s)

37 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

and for PC will be it unlocked

No (at least for now, Asobo have said previously they are trying to get MSFT to change that policy). Gamepass games (Microsoft Flight is a gamepass game, says as much on the website) are bound to your windows login and downloaded into an encrypted folder you dont have write access to (not dissimilar to the early days of steam)

e.g.

There might be some variations - e.g. like VR for Ace Combat 7 being Playstation exclusive - but no chance Microsoft 1st party titles will do that. They are pushing for XBOX2020 as "better than PC"

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

14 minutes ago, mSparks said:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-specs

Processor    Custom AMD Zen 2-based CPU (8x @ 3.6 GHz)
Graphics    Custom AMD Navi-based GPU (12 TF RDNA)
Memory    16GB GDDR6 RAM (13GB guaranteed for game developers)
Storage    NVMe SSD (we've heard read speeds of anywhere up to 2GB/s)

No. Gamepass games are bound to your windows login and downloaded into an encrypted folder you dont have write access to (not dissimilar to the early days of steam)

e.g.

And what??? It still does not mean, there must be a same settings, limitations and functions on PC as Xbox version. It is not even possible due to variability of PC's hardware. But if the developers optimize MSFS for full function and graphical settings like a published videos and screensthots with Xbox's hardware, this it will be a very good news also for PC users. So they do not need buy a new very powerfull and expensive PC, like for X-plane od P3D 😄

23 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

It still does not mean, there must be a same settings

XBOX2020 is a windows 10 machine, with an 8 core 3.6Ghz x86_64 CPU and AMDs version of an RTX2080 - why "should" they be different? (other than less than 1% of PCs having hardware ray tracing)

Historically they had to be, because they used specific silicon and OS to far away from consumer stuff, but even current gen console hardware (PS4 & XBOX2018) is basically generic silicon equivalent to a mid range PC.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer