Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Lanacion.com.ar interview with Neumann and Wloch

Trying to follow a reasonable conversation, and BANG , the troll emerges

Didnt even read the rest of page 2

• Upvote 3

The sad thing is this interview was really great. It brought a lot answers for big concerns on this forum, like subscription, performance and internet connection. 

But this guy just keeps moving the discussions to a sim vs sim fight.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mSparks said:

XBOX2020 is a windows 10 machine, with an 8 core 3.6Ghz x86_64 CPU and AMDs version of an RTX2080 - why "should" they be different? (other than less than 1% of PCs having hardware ray tracing)

Historically they had to be, because they used specific silicon and OS to far away from consumer stuff, but even current gen console hardware (PS4 & XBOX2018) is basically generic silicon equivalent to a mid range PC.

A little question for you, even if it were true, that Xbox version will be a same as PC version, is it any problem with this? 🙂 I thik it is not any problem, if it will work as presented. But you still ignore clear fact, that developers make MSFS for PC, not for Xbox. You're not going to help the X-plane users with ignoring known facts about MSFS, it is only trolling. Very simply and not too clever trolling 😉

Edited by ludekbrno

32 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

The sad thing is this interview was really great. It brought a lot answers for big concerns on this forum, like subscription, performance and internet connection. 

But this guy just keeps moving the discussions to a sim vs sim fight.

... or to utter nonsense.

The problem is that the ignore function of the forum is pretty much useless as long as there are still users taking his bait and quoting him, because obviously the quotes are not covered by the ignore function.

Avsim, can you please extend the ignore function to all the posts that quote the ignored user.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mSparks said:

There might be some variations - e.g. like VR for Ace Combat 7 being Playstation exclusive - but no chance Microsoft 1st party titles will do that. They are pushing for XBOX2020 as "better than PC"

It's obvious you're not taking the news of FS2020 well - you seem hell bent on ruining the enjoyment of everyone who is excited for a new sim under the pretense of "having an intellectual discussion" or whatever excuse you'll come up with. 

wBkgoY8.jpg

Why don't you come back to the forum once you've come out of Denial/Anger/Bargaining? You have 1 motive and that's very clear - to derail any thread into a useless war between x-plane and FS2020 or now consoles vs PC. We're all very tired of it all - just give a rest buddy and find something more constructive to do in life.

Edited by highflyer2020
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Mods, please don't close the thread. To everyone else, can we please get back on topic?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Mods, please don't close the thread. To everyone else, can we please get back on topic?

Don't panic. I for one will not close the thread. What our unwelcome guest doesn't realize as of yet is that I am currently and patiently examining the completely "unlocked box" full of MSFS files so I can discover how it all hangs together. Having spent nearly thirty years digging through the guts of every edition of Flight Simulator available over those three decades, as well as developing models and gauge system, as well as a few scenery projects, I have a pretty good understanding of the sim. :cool:

While I am bound by an NDA to speak about what is "in that unlocked box" I can state unequivocally that it is not "locked"...

Also perhaps not realized is that I have the ability - should I choose to do so - make his posts go "poof" and disappear from view. I haven't gotten to that point yet, so there's that... :laugh:

• Like 6

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good on ya Bill!

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Every time we go to the X-Plane argument or a trolling post, or an argumentative post, it will go poof.

The only way to keep this thread open (and I'm with Bill about not locking it) is to keep weeding out problematic posts.

Everybody needs to play nice so we can keep this going.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

On 12/29/2019 at 6:17 PM, mSparks said:

gamepass is generally a two tier model.

Games pass games you "buy". current list here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games (In Beta for PC)

A Game pass subscription which gives you access to online features, discounts on other gamepass games, "free" DLC content and "run on any device" you are signed into your gamepass account on.

This is inaccurate.  There's three versions of Game Pass you can sign up for:

- Game Pass for Xbox: The original Xbox console version.  Costs approximately $9.99/mo (though they run constant promo deals for a lot less).  Gives you a slowly churning list of third-party games you can play all you want, as well as all Microsoft-published games the day they come out (and first-party games never leave the service)

- Game Pass for PC: The PC version launched about six months ago, which has it's own different list of games (aside from Microsoft first party games, which are on both). Otherwise same deal as above.  Costs approximately $4.99/mo right now, because it's a smaller selection due to being newer.

- Game Pass Ultimate: Just combines both of the above Game Passes along with Xbox Live Gold into one monthly subscription at a discount.  Costs approximately $14.99/mo right now, though again, they run constant promos for way less.

In addition:

- All Game Pass games are also for sale via "traditional" methods that have nothing to do with Game Pass - this goes for third-party games, and first-party ones.

- If you buy any Microsoft-published game digitally, you get both the PC and console version of it.  Has nothing to do with Game Pass, though Game Pass functions the same way - you get access to both entitlements.  This program is called "Play Anywhere", and it coincided with them announcing that all future first-party games would also come to PC a few years ago.

- There's no tiers of service - just two different subscriptions for each Microsoft platform, and a third subscription option that combines the two.  If you're an exclusive PC user (like many people here), you'd only need the $4.99/mo one.

- Game Pass subscribers get a discount on any Game Pass game, should they decide to buy a game on the service outright (maybe it's going to leave the service before you're done with it, maybe you want to own it for future use down the line, whatever).  It's something like 10 or 15%. 

There's a lot of confusion swirling around the forum, about what exactly Game Pass is.  It's basically Netflix for Games, except with the option of buying any movie you like on Netflix outright at a discount.  Hopefully this post clears things up.

Edited by Scottoest
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

All Game Pass games are also for sale via "traditional" methods that have nothing to do with Game Pass - this goes for third-party games, and first-party ones.

every review I have read says games bought through gamepass do not support any kind of modification. (not least because modification would allow online play without a gamepass subscription)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/the-new-xbox-app-and-game-pass-tested-big-improvements-but-a-disappointing-lack-of-mod-support/

Have to buy it elsewhere if you want modification support (pc gamer suggests Steam of course).

everything microsoft has said over the last year indicates the rationale for this being standardised games for xbox and windows pc going forward consistent with their anti piracy policy. 2020 1st party releases are expected to be gamepass exclusives, I doubt msfs2020 will be "free" on gamepass, it will need buying + a subscription if you want anything more than basic autogen. (exactly what it says in the OP)

says the same on their support page. "remains playable only when bought"

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-faq

pretty sure its also $9.99 for the subscription, the $5 is just an introductory offer. 

150 developers for 4 years means they have already sunk tens of millions of dollars into this version of flight, they wont be revenue sharing 1st party developments with Valve any time soon, any more than netflix lets hbo play their homegrown content and vice versa.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

every review I have read says games bought through gamepass do not support any kind of modification. (not least because modification would allow online play without a gamepass subscription)

You don't buy games through game pass.

this topic is about an interview.

And in this interview, Microsoft say you can play with game pass, or buy it alone like all another product or game without game pass. 

It's a fact. why 2 pages of speculation when the answer's in the interview.

Arguing over speculation when the speculation comes from a troll is just getting off the thread . The thread is not the commercial policy around xbox, the thread is not the hardware of the xbox and the pc, the thread is the content of the interview. and the interview does not talk about the commercial policy of xbox and does not make a hardware comparison between xbox and pc. The interview does not talk about limit with sdk, it's again full speculation.

All his pseudo-arguments are based on pure speculation from the outset. On all subjects. You can't debate on speculation. Every source he cites is taken out of context and feeds... speculation. This is the kind of person who is able to say that the tsunami in the Philippines is the main cause of the drop in the price of sugar in Brazil, because an article will say that a Filipino boss sold his sugar on the day of the tsunami.

Stop going off the thread all the time, and answering this troll only fails you, because you are going off the thread. Ignore him, when the moderators get online they're going to remove the weeds like they said, end of story.

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1