Sign in to follow this  
alexcotti

HAT SWITCH P3D CHASE PLANE

Hi,

I'm new in the world of simulation so i need your help 🙂

How can i set up hat switch from my joystick THRUSTMASTER T16000M HOTAS in P3D 4.5 AND CHASE PLANE ?

Thxs 🙂

On 12/29/2019 at 11:45 AM, alexcotti said:

How can i set up hat switch from my joystick THRUSTMASTER T16000M HOTAS in P3D 4.5 AND CHASE PLANE ?

I'm a FSX user, but I would guess that set up is similar, so here goes;

First, you can set up your hat switch in both, but you'll have issues.  So, set it up in one or the other, preferably CP.  So, remove all Axis/Pan setting for the hat switch in P3D before starting.

To set up CP make sure that Windows sees your controller by opening the USB Game Controller app and verifying that it works.

For CP, click on Preferences, then control Assignments.  Under Controls. Click on  -Blank- next to Tilt Up to assign your 0 degree hat switch button, Tilt Down to assign your 180 degree hat switch button, Pan Left for you 270 hat switch button and Pan Right for you 90 position.

Ernest Pergrem

On 1/1/2020 at 3:38 AM, airernie said:

For CP, click on Preferences, then control Assignments.  Under Controls. Click on  -Blank- next to Tilt Up to assign your 0 degree hat switch button, Tilt Down to assign your 180 degree hat switch button, Pan Left for you 270 hat switch button and Pan Right for you 90 position.

Like the OP I fly P3DV4.5.  I only just changed from EZCA to Chaseplane and am working my way through the CP user manual.  Couldn't find in this otherwise excellent manual how to get my CH Eclipse's hat switch to pan around the flightdeck as I'd been used to with EZCA.  Thanks to your post it's working like a charm now.  Thanks, Ernest ! 👍

• Like 1

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi all-

Trying out CP because support for EZDok seems to have gone missing.

Anyway, I was trying to set my Hat switch in CP to replace my outside panning assignment in V5. I set up/down/left/right in the button assinments and that went fine. Also set a button to get to outside view.

However, when outside, using the HAT switch it results in panning from a fixed point; it's not a floating (smooth) pan that can be had with the stock HAT assignment in V5. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Mark