Sign in to follow this  
hvw

No Ground Connection

Although I followed the steps provided in the SOP2 tutorial I still get the "No Audio Link" error message in my Ground Connection options. I am running on the latest version of FS2Crew for the NGXu. What might I have been doing wrong? Any idea(s)?

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Same here, although I'm running SOP1.  I made sure SPKR is on FLT before connecting and said the "cockpit to ground" key phrase.  I can see the exact phrase in text on the simconnect green message text but nothing happens.  It was working fine on the NGX FS2Crew version.  

I am having the same problem with the "Set course on your side xxx" phrase as well... no response!

Mustafa

I just tested it... no problem for me....

You positive yours is setup like this?  "FLT" is pressed in on the Capt's side.

Be mindful of custom non official PMDG panel state files... we've seen them induce odd behavior.... we've even seen some non official PMDG liveries sometimes induce odd behavior.

cap1.JPG

About "SET COURSE ON MY SIDE".

I just tested it.... works for me.

You need to be Airborne for it to work.

However, there's a config option I recall that would all you to use it on the ground if desired.

Bryan, 100% positive on "FLT" being pressed as well as the service intercom being switched on. Fyi, in the SOP2 tutorial it is stated that the SVC button should be pressed.  But still no cigar, still I get the "No Audio Link" message when I hit the GND option. All other audio files work perfectly. I am using NGXu's default panel state (tried the other stock ones as well) and I don't use any other liveries than those that were shipped with the NGXu. Weird, uh?

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Hi Bryan,

I have the same problem, and it started once I had installed UGCX (great stuff btw.!). When I arrive at the gate at my destination, I cannot contact the ground crew any longer in order to have the GPU connected. (I know I can setup FS2Crew to auto-connect the GPU at the gate, but shouldn't it still be possible to "manually" do it with voice-control?) I somehow thought this might be due to an interference between FS2Crew and UGCX? And yes, FLT is enabled on the Captain's comm panel.

Best regards,

Stefan

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

37 minutes ago, hvw said:

Bryan, 100% positive on "FLT" being pressed as well as the service intercom being switched on. Fyi, in the SOP2 tutorial it is stated that the SVC button should be pressed.  But still no cigar, still I get the "No Audio Link" message when I hit the GND option. All other audio files work perfectly. I am using NGXu's default panel state (tried the other stock ones as well) and I don't use any other liveries than those that were shipped with the NGXu. Weird, uh?

Yeah, it's weird 🙂

There's 2 different ways to establish audio comms.

Press FLT on Capt's Audio panel....  or Press SVC on the Capt's audio panel with the Service Interphone On (the switch is on the overhead).

Both work for me.  The trigger is very simple with no extra conditions other than what I just mentioned.

If you press the "PA" button on the Capt's audio panel, does the PA page auto appear on the Secondary Panel?

One more thing:  Are you using a saved situation file?  I've seen those cause problems too.

Not to hijack this thread, Bryan, am seriously thinking of getting UGCX, as I have had enough of GSX's comedy show!

Yesterday, landed at FlyTampa's KLAS, called for the Follow-me Car to take me to the Heavy gate. What a comedy show as that chevroned Follow-me truck, first went into a Come Dancing pirouette around the PMDG 747-400, then when I got fed up waiting for it to come to the front of the plane and decided to find a gate myself as per AivlaSoft's EFB  ground map, that comical Follow-me Truck decided to canter off into the far horizon! What a joke.

So, if I get your UGCX, can I be assured that this kind of shenanigans do not afflict normal Follow-me Operations?

9 minutes ago, SKeller said:

Hi Bryan,

I have the same problem, and it started once I had installed UGCX (great stuff btw.!). When I arrive at the gate at my destination, I cannot contact the ground crew any longer in order to have the GPU connected. (I know I can setup FS2Crew to auto-connect the GPU at the gate, but shouldn't it still be possible to "manually" do it with voice-control?) I somehow thought this might be due to an interference between FS2Crew and UGCX? And yes, FLT is enabled on the Captain's comm panel.

Best regards,

Stefan

What's do you see on the Ground Connections page?   What does it say?

This would have nothing to do with UGCX.

Just now, vc10man said:

Not to hijack this thread, Bryan, am seriously thinking of getting UGCX, as I have had enough of GSX's comedy show!

Yesterday, landed at FlyTampa's KLAS, called for the Follow-me Car to take me to the Heavy gate. What a comedy show as that chevroned Follow-me truck, first went into a Come Dancing pirouette around the PMDG 747-400, then when I got fed up waiting for it to come to the front of the plane and decided to find a gate myself as per AivlaSoft's EFB  ground map, that comical Follow-me Truck decided to canter off into the far horizon! What a joke.

So, if I get your UGCX, can I be assured that this kind of shenanigans do not afflict normal Follow-me Operations?

Hi Rick,

I will never say 100 percent because we're dealing with 3rd party scenery devs and sometimes they do weird stuff, which can sometimes trip up our vehicles.  We've had a few reports of our follow me truck doing some Dukes of Hazzards stuff in certain locations at some 3rd party airports.

In the vast majority of instances, however, our vehicles will perform as expected, but anyone says who says it'll work 100 percent guaranteed all the time in flightsim is lying to you.  That's just not possible with all the millions of add-ons caked onto the sim nowadays and not everyone following the same standards.

Cheers,

35 minutes ago, byork said:

Yeah, it's weird 🙂

There's 2 different ways to establish audio comms.

Press FLT on Capt's Audio panel....  or Press SVC on the Capt's audio panel with the Service Interphone On (the switch is on the overhead).

Both work for me.  The trigger is very simple with no extra conditions other than what I just mentioned.

If you press the "PA" button on the Capt's audio panel, does the PA page auto appear on the Secondary Panel?

One more thing:  Are you using a saved situation file?  I've seen those cause problems too.

Bryan

Neither of the two ways works for me. I start-up with PMDG's issued cold and dark panel state. When I hit the "PA" button the PA page doesn't show up either. It's not  a big deal, but it should work, shouldn't it? 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

40 minutes ago, byork said:

Hi Rick,

I will never say 100 percent because we're dealing with 3rd party scenery devs and sometimes they do weird stuff, which can sometimes trip up our vehicles.  We've had a few reports of our follow me truck doing some Dukes of Hazzards stuff in certain locations at some 3rd party airports.

In the vast majority of instances, however, our vehicles will perform as expected, but anyone says who says it'll work 100 percent guaranteed all the time in flightsim is lying to you.  That's just not possible with all the millions of add-ons caked onto the sim nowadays and not everyone following the same standards.

Cheers,

Thanks for that Bryan.

27 minutes ago, byork said:

My PMDG loads with the engines running.

Can you start the PMDG without using the 'cold and dark' state as default.

Same thing, no success 😞

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe