Sign in to follow this  
Mike Nowinski

COmm 2 gauge not working with Manfred Jahn's latest C-47.

Using FSX/Accel. I have installed the latest versions for this aircraft, including latest sound file by Doug Dawson. 

I am unable to turn on the Comm 2 radio due to not having any hotspots for either on/off or tuning.  The Comm1 radio works fine.  I've even tried various radio toggle sithces on left side of pilot seat.

Does anyone else have this problem, and perhaps a fix?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

I'm running ver. 3.1406 and have no problem tuning Comm2 to whatever freq. I hover the mouse pointer over the secondary freq and use the scroll wheel.

C-47.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

With all due respect to your position as a Forum Moderator, the question was not really about how to tune the radio but that it is not possible to do so using the gauge as fitted to the Virtual Cockpit because there are no hotspots on the controls, unlike all the other radios.

Indeed the radio can be tuned as you show but the hotspots do not exist on the Comm 2 radio fascia. This does not indicate a fault in the installation of operation of the aircraft model, everyone has this problem and there is, as far as I am aware, no fix. If you have a solution, please share it.

Edited by Reader

Sorry, I misinterpreted the OP's question.  The freq does change in the display of comm2, but no click spots as mentioned.  I just PM's Manfred over at SOH to see if there is any fix available.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The gauge programmer became unavailable right at the start of the project and very unfortunately, has never returned.

Edited by Reader

I did get a reply back from Manfred and it may be what Reader has pointed out.

Re: C-47 Version 3.1406 Comm2 radio unable to manual tune

Hi Charlie!

Sorry for the late reply, we were away on hols. I'll take a look here, but judging from what you say it may be a baked-in omission. Unfortunately, as you know, I have access to the exterior model only.

Best,
Manfred

Charlie Aron

An update from Manfred!

Hi again, Charlie!

Seems it is as we feared, those animatins are missing from the model.

We can, however, make the com2 display numbers clickable so that the active frequency changes just as in the Monitor panel, using L-clicks to decrease and R-clicks to increase the frequency (Wheelup/down, too), and Middle click to trigger the transmit select.

This involves replacing the comm2.xml gauge in the panel/radiosvvc folder, and making a small change to the 'radios' section of the aircraft.cfg. If you want to try it, here is a zip, make sure to make backups!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auwh7qysq0...comm2.zip?dl=0

Best,
Manfred

Charlie Aron

Charlie,

Thanks for contacting Manfred.  I DL'd his two files, copied the xml file as instructed replacing the original and mod'ed the aircraft.cfg file.  Not good news though...It didn't work.

Looking at the [Radios} section mod, I'm not sure why in the Comm2 line,that the "Standby Freq" option is turned off.  I would have thought it needed to be "On".  I tried all possible switch settings and still couldn't change the freqs etc.

Have you tried the changes?

Thanks,

I got a PM from Reader that said he tried it and it worked!  I have it installed and will try now!

Charlie Aron

24 minutes ago, mjahn said:

Mike, did you click the displayed numbers (i.e, not the knobs)?

Hi Manfred!  I'm trying right now.  Very tiny clickspot and no freq change either left-right or thumbwheel click or rotate.

Pic will show clickspot:

radio.JPG

Charlie Aron

OK, good news!  When I put the new [radios] into my aircraft.cfg I just relabeled the old one [radios.1].  My bad!  I relabeled it to [radios.XX] and numbers change very nicely!  Thanks, Manfred!!:biggrin:

Charlie Aron

this is working very well.

While we are on the subject of this amazing aircraft, are there any plans to make the auto pilot functional.
I know you can use panel 4 to control auto pilot but it’s not the same as activating it in the cockpit.
mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

With the greatest of respect:

The best practice way to edit an aircraft.cfg file, when the developer has kindly given

you the entire entry for the radios is to copy and paste it over the entire entry for the radios in the

existing aircraft.cfg file.

This greatly reduces the possibility of a mistake and also of second guessing the developers instructions.

At least, that's what I did and is probably why it worked at the first attempt.

Thanks to Manfred for the immediate fix.😀

Edited by Reader