Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Sunset departure from the Big Island

Taking her up at sunset to test the night lighting...thought this shot was worth sharing.

28P6un.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Indeed, a beauty of a shot!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

***Mahalo*** 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Steve, as you seem to be a bit more far familiar with this aircraft than I, can you kindly tell me, is this Aerosoft aircraft, a finished product in some modicum of a way, or is it a 'let's-rush-it-out-of-the-door-to-cash-in-for-Christmas-Sales' development, the cynical me thinks?

Reason I ask, because I have wasted so much time this evening wanting to try your KLM repaint on a short flight from EHAM to LEPA. Now, I have quite a fair deal of experience inputting Simbrief-created flight plans in FSL Airbuses, so, logic being logic, it is not exactly rocket science importing a Simbrief flight plan into any other variant of an Airbus, be it an FSL version or an Aerosoft version, or for that matter a Tom, Dick, and Harry-developed Airbus!!

But surely there is something not quite right when using the FMGS in the MCDU to insert a flight plan starting with the From/To pair of airports, that A330 MCDU throws up a nonsensical 'Not In Database' error. Eh? What, a well-known tourist destination airport like LEPA? Which every other developer's aircraft FMS/FMC has no issue recognising?

Hence, I am asking you, in the first instance, as I can see you have taken this bird up, is it a bug of some kind? Or maybe I am saving those Simbrief-created flight plans in a folder(C:\User\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3xx EFB\A330\Assets\usereff) incorrectly?

Hope this is not going to prove to be another Aerosoft aircraft that gets binned to the Hangar!🤣

Edited by vc10man

36 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Steve, as you seem to be a bit more far familiar with this aircraft than I, can you kindly tell me, is this Aerosoft aircraft, a finished product in some modicum of a way, or is it a 'let's-rush-it-out-of-the-door-to-cash-in-for-Christmas-Sales' development, the cynical me thinks?

Reason I ask, because I have wasted so much time this evening wanting to try your KLM repaint on a short flight from EHAM to LEPA. Now, I have quite a fair deal of experience inputting Simbrief-created flight plans in FSL Airbuses, so, logic being logic, it is not exactly rocket science importing a Simbrief flight plan into any other variant of an Airbus, be it an FSL version or an Aerosoft version, or for that matter a Tom, Dick, and Harry-developed Airbus!!

But surely there is something not quite right when using the FMGS in the MCDU to insert a flight plan starting with the From/To pair of airports, that A330 MCDU throws up a nonsensical 'Not In Database' error. Eh? What, a well-known tourist destination airport like LEPA? Which every other developer's aircraft FMS/FMC has no issue recognising?

Hence, I am asking you, in the first instance, as I can see you have taken this bird up, is it a bug of some kind? Or maybe I am saving those Simbrief-created flight plans in a folder(C:\User\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3xx EFB\A330\Assets\usereff) incorrectly?

Hope this is not going to prove to be another Aerosoft aircraft that gets binned to the Hangar!🤣

Hay Rick,

Sadly I haven't even taken her on a full flight yet.  Life of a painter....retired or not, hehe.

I know Aerosoft is actively working issues with the A330, and in the end its always a question of when to release.  I firmly stand behind their decision to release when they did for several reasons, but mostly because they were (and still are) completely transparent about what we were getting, and never advertised it as bug-free (hehe....no software is...and if we were to wait for them to be in that state, we'd still be flying paper airplanes). I know its the toughest decision they make....when to release. 🙂

The best thing they have going (at least in my opinion) is their Updater program.   It works very well "slipping" updates into the code without an uninstall/reinstall like many other devs want you to do whenever there is an update. 

If you haven't already....go here:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/148161-a330-release-notes/

Make sure you're setup the way Mathijis shows in the post.  This will keep you up to date and possibly fix issues you may be having.   

Personally, I've been fortunate to not experience as many issues and others...but on the other hand...I mostly fly pretty basically when I do...not going near as in-depth as some crazy simmers here.

Anyway, make sure you hit the support forums over there...they are very active and seem to respond in a timely manor. 

I hope you get it sorted out.....

5 hours ago, Pugilist2 said:

Indeed, a beauty of a shot!

Thank you sir!

2 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

***Mahalo*** 

Hehe....That is one of the 2 Polynesian words I know. 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hay Rick,

Sadly I haven't even taken her on a full flight yet.  Life of a painter....retired or not, hehe.

I know Aerosoft is actively working issues with the A330, and in the end its always a question of when to release.  I firmly stand behind their decision to release when they did for several reasons, but mostly because they were (and still are) completely transparent about what we were getting, and never advertised it as bug-free (hehe....no software is...and if we were to wait for them to be in that state, we'd still be flying paper airplanes). I know its the toughest decision they make....when to release. 🙂

The best thing they have going (at least in my opinion) is their Updater program.   It works very well "slipping" updates into the code without an uninstall/reinstall like many other devs want you to do whenever there is an update. 

If you haven't already....go here:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/148161-a330-release-notes/

Make sure you're setup the way Mathijis shows in the post.  This will keep you up to date and possibly fix issues you may be having.   

Personally, I've been fortunate to not experience as many issues and others...but on the other hand...I mostly fly pretty basically when I do...not going near as in-depth as some crazy simmers here.

Anyway, make sure you hit the support forums over there...they are very active and seem to respond in a timely manor. 

I hope you get it sorted out.....

Thank you sir!

Hehe....That is one of the 2 Polynesian words I know. 🙂

Thanks, Steve.

Some salient points there. Yes, I do admit that no flight sim product released is sans bugs, and I fully accept that. ' But hey, hang on, Mr Developer( not you, Steve!), you cannot even get the basics of a From/To in your FMGS---the whole point of setting off from one airport and landing elsewhere---- when the database for the Arrival Airport clearly exits in your own folder under NavData\airports.txt,' then there is something not quite right.

As regards, hitting their Support Forums.................well, let's put it this way. I'd rather give them a miss if they could not even address an issue with their so-called Professional (what a catchphrase misnomer if ever there was one!)A318-A320.

EDIT: Got it all sorted in the end.

Anyway, appreciate your reply, Steve. I'll persevere to try and get it sorted..............or wait till the 22nd Century for them to fix it ! Cynical? What? Me? Nay!🤣

Edited by vc10man
Result

13 hours ago, vc10man said:

EDIT: Got it all sorted in the end.

Anyway, appreciate your reply, Steve. I'll persevere to try and get it sorted..............or wait till the 22nd Century for them to fix it ! Cynical? What? Me? Nay!🤣

Glad you got it sorted! 🙂
You and I both know that perseverance is the key to the success of our passions... whatever they are.  Sadly we're not in a world where there is always a single, button-push solution.

A very poignant quote from Agent Smith in the 1st Matrix movie applies here: (and one of my all-time favorite quotes that enters my mind frequently when faced with life's daily aggravations...)

"...Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization. "

So just be comforted in the fact that you're just being subjected to the will of the current Matrix programming code. (personally....I would have loved to live in the Matrix V1, but I think waking up like Neo did would have been...stressful LOL).

And being cynical is just a subroutine the Matrix code inserted so our primitive human brains would have a pressure valve to relieve the anger we feel when faced with the daily aggravations the new code introduced. 🙂 Otherwise our heads would explode! 🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Greetings For a Happy New Year 2020, Steve.

Currently flying your KLM repaint heading to LEPA. And guess what caused all my consternations?🤣

I was running v4.4 before sailing serenely without a nary care in the world as each aircraft took me here there. In fact, had a superb PMDG 747-400 Virgin Atlantic flight from the UK to the newly-bought and installed Fly Tampa's KLAX. Then, to move to Aerosoft's new A330 Professional buy, I had to bite the bullet and update to v 4.5 latest build. In doing so, I decided to start afresh and wiped everything clean in P3D. In doing so, I clean forgot to re-install a paid-for Navigraph, and it was that that was causing those irksome 'Not In Database; flags to pop up in the FMGS INIT A. Once that was updated in Navigraph, all was SNAFU🤣

But fair is fair, as all credit should really go to DaveCT2003. Had he not dropped the hint re:NavDataPro, I'd still be vexing black 'n blue🤣

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Greetings For a Happy New Year 2020, Steve.

Currently flying your KLM repaint heading to LEPA. And guess what caused all my consternations?🤣

I was running v4.4 before sailing serenely without a nary care in the world as each aircraft took me here there. In fact, had a superb PMDG 747-400 Virgin Atlantic flight from the UK to the newly-bought and installed Fly Tampa's KLAX. Then, to move to Aerosoft's new A330 Professional buy, I had to bite the bullet and update to v 4.5 latest build. In doing so, I decided to start afresh and wiped everything clean in P3D. In doing so, I clean forgot to re-install a paid-for Navigraph, and it was that that was causing those irksome 'Not In Database; flags to pop up in the FMGS INIT A. Once that was updated in Navigraph, all was SNAFU🤣

But fair is fair, as all credit should really go to DaveCT2003. Had he not dropped the hint re:NavDataPro, I'd still be vexing black 'n blue🤣

I'm glad the Matrix's frustration subroutine was set to a lower level this week....I know the machines periodically do that to induce the feelings of "hope" into the human cerebrum....LOL.

Yeah Dave is a great help and I've had the privilege to meet and become friends with him. 🙂

Virgin eh?   You English folks seem to like that livery....and before PBR....you only had dull, flat red on the livery because we couldn't replicate their gorgeous candy apple metalflake paint....until now....

hXtZ4U.jpg

Something I JUST started working on...and if I can get it right....you'll see it on the Aerosoft A330. 🙂   And maybe the PMDG 747 as well.

Trust me....its a process though....many things to adjust to get the look just right.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

35 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Virgin eh?

The only reason I chose that airline was because I know for a fact it flies from my local Northern England major hub, to KLAX.

Glad to read about you and Dave. Two US aces, a privilege to swap posts, PMs with.👍👍

Regarding, "... Life of a painter....retired or not ...", Steve,

Always good to see you folks get out once in a while on a new plane...🙂...(whether just on the tarmac, or in a partial or full flight...)...

Of course, the satisfaction of flying your own (self-created) livery....must surely help too...!

Thanks guys....

She's in the Aerosoft library now if anyone is itching for a KLAX-PHNL flight. 🙂

guY8NQ.jpg

Happy New Year!

Mahalo'

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg