Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Location of Mission files

Can someone please tell me where to find these files ?

Dave Hinson

I just Googled "FSX Location of Mission Files" and came up with numerous posts with answers to this.

Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'll post the obvious answer....in the Missions folder in the Main FSX folder.  If you are looking for 1 specific mission, then you will have to determine which folder to look in because of the labeling.

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks - found them.

What I wanted them for was to possibly edit them to use a different aircraft from default ones.

Dave

Easy enough done! Look for the file with the appropriate (mission name.FLT).  I chose the SecretShuttle mission so the one I chose was SecretShuttle.FLT, opened it with notepad and scrolled down to:

[Sim.0]
Sim=Boeing 737-800 Paint6

Just change the Sim= to the appropriate aircraft you want to use.

The above method is permanent until you change it again.  If you only want a temporary change, then click on the box at the bottom of the Missions screen to make temporary changes to your Mission.

missions.JPG

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks - didn't know if there were any requirements as to changing to a similar type of aircraft, or if it had to be an FSX default aircraft.

Now I am having trouble with sound playing in missions.  I have .wav files in Sound folder of the mission, and looking at the .xml file for the mission I see it seems to say "play a .wav file"  And yes, I have not pressed Q to silence sound.

I hope I don't have to Repair or Reload FSX-SE, as it always seems to cause me trouble (missing files, etc.).

Thanks again for the help.

Dave Hinson

Hopefully, you have not deleted any of your default aircraft.  They are used as AI in the Missions and cause the Missions not to work if deleted.  You can always verify the game files in FSX-SE.

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Thanks, Charlie.  Did as you suggested, and I did recover some default aircraft, but still no sound.

Guess I will try again to repair FSX from original disc, but that doesn't work (missing files, etc.)  Is there another route through Steam to repair FSX-SE ?

Dave Hinson

Have you checked your speaker settings?  is it only in the Missions that you lose the sound?

Charlie Aron