Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

Aerosoft A330 professional not really compatible with AI!

Regardless of the software in use. There is always the minimum system requirements which needs to be fulfilled in order to have a positive experience.

I want to jump in just to help the original OP. Since I know you use AIGM-OCI I would recommend using FSIUPC traffic limiter, this will help you dynamically to keep the FPS you require. Set things via FSIUPC to keep at least 25fps and you should be able to enjoy plenty of traffic and good simulation rates.

I do this with UTL and never get into issues.

AI traffic is well known to have performance impact not only for P3D but also other platforms, so it is important to keep this in mind to try to balance things for our simulators.

All the best,

Simbol 

• Like 1

"Jorn, I wonder if your going to get this response to your post😃 as people should goto there support forums for there top of the line support and not come here.... you will insult and outrage someone...."

Oh believe me I have tried their support page, but getting the same standard answer, that it's deffinetly not their fault, but something on the user end of things, I have given up on them. 🙂

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Maybe it's better to forget the discussion with Christian Bahr. He published through Aerosoft, he produced some freeware: Aerosoft Avatar. But he has no relationship with Aerosoft. We need to accept this. He doesn't ... the other Airbus ... but he recommends still the Aerosoft Airbus. Hmmm, ok. I accept it.

He will be the cause why this topic will be closed. And then Aerosoft will be happy. Bad topics need to be closed.

Regards Urmel

• Upvote 1

Simbol. I think we all know that AI traffic can be a fps hog, BUT with other planes like the QW 787, BAE146 or IFly's 747, with lots of Ai traffic, I NEVER run into a problem that they won't run or behave properly with a min. fps. What I don't like is that Aerosoft can't or won't programme their products like everyone else to avoid a min (18 fps) limit, and then claim it's a user problem.What makes the Aerosoft products so special that they need a totally different programming to work?

And yes, I have also read that they recommend reinstalling P3D as a last resort.Yeah right?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

4 minutes ago, Urmel81 said:

He will be the cause why this topic will be closed. And then Aerosoft will be happy. Bad topics need to be closed.

With all due respect!

Do we want to have such a discussion? So the level has dropped significantly with the last post ... sounds almost like one of the many conspiracy theories circulating on the web  🙂

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

I'm thinking this topic should've been locked down after the "aluminum hat" comment...

10 minutes ago, jlund said:

Simbol. I think we all know that AI traffic can be a fps hog, BUT with other planes like the QW 787, BAE146 or IFly's 747, with lots of Ai traffic, I NEVER run into a problem that they won't run or behave properly with a min. fps. What I don't like is that Aerosoft can't or won't programme their products like everyone else to avoid a min (18 fps) limit, and then claim it's a user problem.What makes the Aerosoft products so special that they need a totally different programming to work?

And yes, I have also read that they recommend reinstalling P3D as a last resort.Yeah right?

I am just trying to give a solution so at least the OP can enjoy his simulation experience.

Happy new year to everyone 😉

S.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rmeier said:

I'm thinking this topic should've been locked down after the "aluminum hat" comment...

That was the meaning behind the comment that the topic will be closed as soon as possible. In my opinion

Back to topic...

I hope Aerosoft will consider an update and will work on this problem

Edited by Urmel81

2 hours ago, Christian Bahr said:

The FSLabs Airbus is only for those who are willing to lower their usual graphics settings. Everything else Simmer buy the Airbuses from Aerosoft.

Hi Christian,

when did you try the FSL Bus the last time? That comment might have been true for earlier versions, but FSL have made a lot of optimizations lately and I do not have to lower my settings any more for the FSL Buses.

I have both the FSL Buses and the Aerosoft A330 and I just flew the FSL A319 and the AS A330 into LFPG for a comparison. On final approach i got the following FPS:

FSL A319: 24 - 26 FPS

AS A330: 25 - 28 FPS.

I consider this difference negligible.

Maybe give the FSL another try? 

Best regards und Guten Rutsch!

Regarding the OP:

My FPS also drop below 18 temporarily with the A330 but I never had it crashed. Most of the times the AP recovered itself when frames got higher again, sometimes I needed to disconnect the AP and recover manually before connecting the AP again.

And as someone else already said: A workaround is to pause the sim as long as AI traffic or scenery textures are loading and bringing down the FPS temporarily.

I experienced the issue the OP refers to, it was the only blemish on an otherwise great flight.  

Took off from EHAM, bound for TNCA.  Things went well until i passed over the London area which introduced a few pauses/stutters as things loaded up below me (mostly AI traffic? Also airports I’m sure) and I ended up pausing the sim while things loaded as the plane started having some wild nose up and down oscillations until things loaded and settled down.  When all was said and done i was a few thousand feet away from where I should have been and if I hadn’t intervened I would have likely crashed.

In a sim where anything other than a vanilla install will likely introduce loading times on most of our machines, I do see this as an issue.  I’ve never had it in other detailed addon aircraft.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Urmel81 said:

in the central MCDU (FMS) you can disable these things

Many thanks. Just found it.👍