Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

Aerosoft A330 professional not really compatible with AI!

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, I believe Aerosoft are aware of those issues ... agree, nothing to do with FPS nor hardware, nor AI.

Cheers, Rob

Yes, they are aware of this issue since 2012 they told us. But they won't change it. It's the normal behavior of the Airbus that he needs 18 FPS constantly.

Thanks Urmel

Btw: I'm planning to build a new PC end of the year, do you have good suggestions? (I'd like to wait for new CPU's and GPU's)

On 12/31/2019 at 9:15 AM, Kaiii3 said:

The 18 FPS limit,is nothing new from AS. I had the same problem in FSX with the old Airbius A32X from Aerosoft..... I still wonder why other Addons are working fine and what Aerosoft is doing that needs this FPS 18+.....

Just speculating, it seems solid..
Gauge systems run at 18hz while animation/logic code in the .mdl file runs at the sim's frame rate.
"If" AS has logic residing in the model file and the frames drop below 18 then any logic code there is slower than other logic provided by the gauges possibly turning it all wonky.
The other way around (FPS > 18) of course, has no effect.  

Again another speculation, for those who want to temporarily test and prove -
try turning on your frame limiter within the sim and set it to < 18 FPS.
Quick & dirty, easier than trying to overload the sim with heavy scenery, WX, AI etc..

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

On 12/31/2019 at 4:47 PM, duckbilled said:

Not sure why this matters in this case. They stated that "If at any point your fps drops below 18, you will start to see weird things. This is due to the nature how our A330 interacts with P3D compilers."

No need to prove that the problem exists. They admit that this is the way the product behaves. They don't even see it as a problem.

These are the system requirements:

System requirements:
Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V4.5.x Hotfix 2 (the latest version of Prepar3D is always needed)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64bit) (older 64bit versions not tested)
Processor: Intel Core™ i5 (i7 recommended) or AMD Ryzen 5 (Ryzen 7 recommended)
Memory: 16 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
Graphics card: 4 GB VRAM (DirectX 11), e.g. GeForce GTX 1050 (6 GB, GTX 1070 recommended)
Requires HDR setting to be active!
Control hardware (joystick) with rudder and throttle channels
Download-Size: 1.9 GB

Nowhere on the product page or in the release notes do they clearly state that 18 FPS must be maintained at all times or the aircraft will no longer work. It should be a warning on big bold letters on the product page.

I agree with you 100%.  I'm not sure why you responded to me. (?)  Perhaps your post was directed at others.

My whole take (and Rob's and others in this thread) was that, if someone has an older cpu and an older gfx card, they may very well have their sim drop below 18 fps, yet the OP has never divulged his hardware nor his settings (or did I miss that?).  So how is anyone supposed to help/assist him in finding settings that will allow him to enjoy the A330?  That would then lead us to Aerosoft's system requirements that you posted.  Absolutely they should have the 18 fps thing noted.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 1/1/2020 at 3:24 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, I believe Aerosoft are aware of those issues ... agree, nothing to do with FPS nor hardware, nor AI.

Cheers, Rob

OK, let's hope they will fix them. This aircraft definitely has an issue in how it handles speed and vertical speed during descent.
Speed brakes logic is wrong, the aircraft increasing thrust instead of decreasing it to idle.
And this is worse under bad weather conditions.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yep you're right the Aerosoft A330 Professional is a bit of a disappointment, for this reason, as well as many others, not to mention the poor support you get...  Standard response "we have been unable to replicate... topic is closed" LOL.

I think it even states in the product information when you're buying the product that it needs a certain amount of FPS to run smoothly, and like us all, we have many addons including AI aircraft and schedules that conflict with the Aerosoft A330 Professional.... But like Aerosoft will always say, its the other addons we have that are causing the issue, not their aircraft causing the problem lol.

6 minutes ago, vhgjg said:

Yes they will and I really don't know what the point of your rant is really about either, other than to do the honourable thing and protect the company that you work for???  Which I respect as a great commitment, don't worry about the customers, their concerns never matter, as long as you make the $$$

Happy you brought that up!  I work as an unpaid advisor to Aerosoft, and I work for with many other developers.  I'm in an unpaid position because I had been working on a project that would have revolutionized P3D, radically increased performance (60fps no matter what addons were used) AND would actually save people hundreds of dollars.  But Microsoft's announcement of MSFS made my project senseless.

So, I'm defending the people and company purely because it's the right thing in this case, and the manner in which you have behaved is shockingly poor.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

A shining example of good customer service is they way the folks at AIG have been handling the beta of AIM. They are super responsive, and admit when they make mistakes. All of this for an amazing FREE tool.  

Although this is true, there is also the factor how people approach them in the first place. People would never be rude to them because they offer free services.

Sometimes it is about how we approach companies to ask for help. Just because we pay for something it doesn't mean we can't be polite when we are frustrated because something doesn't work.

When we are kind, we will always receive a better service.

Regards,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Happy you brought that up!  I work as an unpaid advisor to Aerosoft, and I work for with many other developers.  I'm in an unpaid position because I had been working on a project that would have revolutionized P3D, radically increased performance (60fps no matter what addons were used) AND would actually save people hundreds of dollars.  But Microsoft's announcement of MSFS made my project senseless.

Assuming this wasn't some sort of sarcasm, I'm kind of curious what this was about 😅

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 minute ago, Benjamin J said:

Assuming this wasn't some sort of sarcasm, I'm kind of curious what this was about 😅

I do my very best to avoid sarcasm. It's not always easy in this community, but I do try very hard.  No sarcasm has been present when dealing with the individual in question, if that's what you're asking about.

If you're asking about the project I mentioned, I'm under a very tight NDA (which as the Project Manager I actually I wrote... lol) not to discuss the project more than what I've already said.  Obviously we're already looking at MSFS, but we need to see the final product to do a deep dive type technical evaluation. After that we may well pick this project back up.  So, not dead, just on hold for future evaluation.  This is pretty normal on the flight sim development side. Projects get funded for research and sometimes never make it fully into development.  This is precisely the how third party developers helped push flight simulation to the level we now enjoy, and what people rarely get a glimpse of.

Thanks for the inquiry, and best wishes!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

26 minutes ago, simbol said:

Although this is true, there is also the factor how people approach them in the first place. People would never be rude to them because they offer free services.

Sometimes it is about how we approach companies to ask for help. Just because we pay for something it doesn't mean we can't be polite when we are frustrated because something doesn't work.

When we are kind, we will always receive a better service.

Regards,

Simbol 

Good point. I agree. Maybe the payware developers immediately take the defensive due to the way they are approached. Also, in this hobby, we have a large range of customers - young and old, pilots and gamers, highly technical and not so technical. That being said, it is their responsibility to overcome those challenges. It comes with the territory. Funny how I have never been asked by a developer if I was satisfied with my purchase.

I see this every day in my work - technologists are not very good with customer service. It takes years of experience to identify customer service shortcomings, but everyone think they can fake it until they make it. Meanwhile there is a 7 page thread about issues with their product and their service on the most popular message board in the FS ecosystem. I doubt they care about this thread and that is the core of the issue.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

4 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Good point. I agree. Maybe the payware developers immediately take the defensive due to the way they are approached. Also, in this hobby, we have a large range of customers - young and old, pilots and gamers, highly technical and not so technical. That being said, it is their responsibility to overcome those challenges. It comes with the territory. Funny how I have never been asked by a developer if I was satisfied with my purchase.

I see this every day in my work - technologists are not very good with customer service. It takes years of experience to identify customer service shortcomings, but everyone think they can fake it until they make it. Meanwhile there is a 7 page thread about issues with their product and their service on the most popular message board in the FS ecosystem. I doubt they care about this thread and that is the core of the issue.

Indeed. It is also rare to find users that are happy with a purchase to leave positive feedback. Most of the time you only see in forums people with issues because the people that are happy with it just enjoy the product and don't come forward.

1 minute ago, Urmel81 said:

An company should be friendly all the time, they should learn it, even when the customer is really angry.

I don't fully know the circumstances around your case, I only jumped on this topic to try to offer alternative solutions after what you described so you can enjoy your simulator as it is my nature to always offer my help to others. 

However with all respect nothing give rights to customers of any kind (being online of physical) to treat with with anger or abusive behaviours any staff of any company. Just imagine what would happen if you enter any shop yelling in anger towards a cashier or any staff.. police would be called on the spot to deal with the situation and even charges could be made against the person in question.

So I do understand we can get very frustrated sometimes but we must remind ourselves that even when we are behind a keyboard, we are still dealing with a human in the other side of the screen and last time I checked nobody likes to be treated unfairly. 

All the best,
Simbol

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

So, I'm defending the people and company purely because it's the right thing in this case, and the manner in which you have behaved is shockingly poor.

Mmmm....  I can also have 60 FPS with all Addons by setting sliders to the left.. 😏

AG density and LOD radius cannot be changed without reloading the scenery. Only FTFF and wheather can be adjusted while flying.

To me this looks like a very bold statement.

And knowing AS they are in the market to make money. Do they really shelf a project that would change P3D into supersmoothness and would be bought by everyone .,.,?

Mathijs would be the first to ‘not put this product on hold’ as this revolution would mean a lot of profit. MSFS or not.. But perhaps looking from France into the Fs world is different ..  😂

Mmmmm....

Edited by GSalden
  • Upvote 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I do my very best to avoid sarcasm. It's not always easy in this community, but I do try very hard.  No sarcasm has been present when dealing with the individual in question, if that's what you're asking about.

If you're asking about the project I mentioned, I'm under a very tight NDA (which as the Project Manager I actually I wrote... lol) not to discuss the project more than what I've already said.  Obviously we're already looking at MSFS, but we need to see the final product to do a deep dive type technical evaluation. After that we may well pick this project back up.  So, not dead, just on hold for future evaluation.  This is pretty normal on the flight sim development side. Projects get funded for research and sometimes never make it fully into development.  This is precisely the how third party developers helped push flight simulation to the level we now enjoy, and what people rarely get a glimpse of.

Thanks for the inquiry, and best wishes!

Yes, I was curious about the project! As much as MSFS2020 seems revolutionary, I also have to consider the 1000-2000$ investment in everything related to P3Dv4, let alone buying new, larger hard drives to install extra content MSFS2020. You post something about a project that revolutionizes P3Dv4 performance, I'm not going to leave you alone, haha! Thanks for saying as much as you can, and I hope there is some commercial viability for it down the line. Even if right now it sounds somewhat 'fantastic', in the most literal sense of the word 🙂 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

• Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Back on topic.
Here are bugs that are not linked to AI, fps or hardware configuration.

AIRCRAFT WILL NOT REACH WAYPOINT TEA AT THE MANAGED ALTITUDE
eccbOD.jpg

TCAS STBY (?)
Kj1tQj.jpg

DECELERATE (?)
2QcnqA.jpg

+ ILS not working right, speed brakes inaccurate message (see previous pics) and the wonky descent rate and aircraft attitude.

I don't care who is Dave (will all my respect), how much does he earn and what's his curriculum vitæ.
I don't wish support to call me "my friend", and I don't want to be told that the bugs I see are due to the shaders I use (true) or the empty battery of my mouse (ironical).
I am absolutely ready to help chasing the bugs and improving the product which is 70% wonderfully well-made.
I wish to transmit all required information to provide help.
But I don't want publishers to make a fool out of me asking me to reinstall the sim, to drastically lower my settings, or to ask so many questions (wind direction, cloud textures!) that no one will really spend his time answering.
That's why I don't post in their forum despite my frustration.

I am not bashing Aereosoft, I love some of their products and never had special issues with their support.
But for me, and in a very polite way I claim that this product is unflyable as it is today.
Problem is that many bugs we see today with the 330 were here with the previous AS Airbus version, and the one before, and probably the one before.

So Dave can be the more wonderful person on earth, and I have no doubt he is a gentleman, I am quite pessimistic to see in the near future a real "professional" aircraft coming from the AS factory.
Beautiful, yes, certainly.
Pro, no.

Coding flight dynamics and reproducing flight systems on such complex aircraft is a very hard task that needs high skills.
Not sure this is AS number one's priority.
The core architecture was written a decade (or more) ago, for their first Bus for FSX, and since then, they improved it and enhanced it but they will never re-write it from scratch. So we have to live with the "18 fps minimum rule", which is a complete non sense today, but I am lucky enough to have a powerful machine and this limitation doesn't affect me.
But at least I legitimately and without any anger ask the devs to fix blatant bugs, and to stop treating customers like their QA department.

All the rest is pure literature

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

9 minutes ago, David Roch said:

TCAS STBY (?)

Your transponder is off in the screenshot.