Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

Aerosoft A330 professional not really compatible with AI!

Yep, saw that just now.
Too much testing!
Errare humanum est.
🙃

Edited by David Roch
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

(Maybe Christian and Urmel should continue their love affair via PM? 😂)

A very interesting statement from Dave in AS forum:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/149528-a330-doesnt-like-bad-weather/&do=findComment&comment=962579
"First, let me say that I am absolutely not happy with our existing flight model, and neither are the developers, and this includes some drag issues (which by the way I've been complaining about internally for a number of months).  We plan to tighten up our flight dynamics after we're completely some higher priority things."

Fingers crossed.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I know this Aircraft is still in development, they have told us. I know that not everything is working as expected. I accept this, of course. But I can't accept in my eyes that this aircraft will fall out of the skies when some stutters occur. And this behavior from the aircraft is ok like Aerosoft, my FPS are too low for a few seconds. This I can't accept for an professional payware developer. And after this topic I found out that this behavior is well known since 2012 and nobody will fix it, that's the nature of this aircraft. Shocking!

The A330 looks really great, but I can't use it I think. Maybe on an Route between Sydney and Bali, there is no Airport with more than 20 AI between, and the A330 can fly normal.

Edited by Urmel81

On 1/2/2020 at 5:53 PM, David Roch said:

Back on topic.
Here are bugs that are not linked to AI, fps or hardware configuration.

AIRCRAFT WILL NOT REACH WAYPOINT TEA AT THE MANAGED ALTITUDE
eccbOD.jpg

TCAS STBY (?)
Kj1tQj.jpg

DECELERATE (?)
2QcnqA.jpg

+ ILS not working right, speed brakes inaccurate message (see previous pics) and the wonky descent rate and aircraft attitude.

I don't care who is Dave (will all my respect), how much does he earn and what's his curriculum vitæ.
I don't wish support to call me "my friend", and I don't want to be told that the bugs I see are due to the shaders I use (true) or the empty battery of my mouse (ironical).
I am absolutely ready to help chasing the bugs and improving the product which is 70% wonderfully well-made.
I wish to transmit all required information to provide help.
But I don't want publishers to make a fool out of me asking me to reinstall the sim, to drastically lower my settings, or to ask so many questions (wind direction, cloud textures!) that no one will really spend his time answering.
That's why I don't post in their forum despite my frustration.

I am not bashing Aereosoft, I love some of their products and never had special issues with their support.
But for me, and in a very polite way I claim that this product is unflyable as it is today.
Problem is that many bugs we see today with the 330 were here with the previous AS Airbus version, and the one before, and probably the one before.

So Dave can be the more wonderful person on earth, and I have no doubt he is a gentleman, I am quite pessimistic to see in the near future a real "professional" aircraft coming from the AS factory.
Beautiful, yes, certainly.
Pro, no.

Coding flight dynamics and reproducing flight systems on such complex aircraft is a very hard task that needs high skills.
Not sure this is AS number one's priority.
The core architecture was written a decade (or more) ago, for their first Bus for FSX, and since then, they improved it and enhanced it but they will never re-write it from scratch. So we have to live with the "18 fps minimum rule", which is a complete non sense today, but I am lucky enough to have a powerful machine and this limitation doesn't affect me.
But at least I legitimately and without any anger ask the devs to fix blatant bugs, and to stop treating customers like their QA department.

All the rest is pure literature

Well said David, because after following Urmel81's advice, I did post to AS's Forum re: the Checklists for this aircraft. Guess what? Still awaiting for a so-called 'moderator' to 'approve' my post------probably by next Christmas,if I am lucky!!! Meanwhile, what do I do with an aircraft that I shelled out good money for from the???. Luckily, I used my wits and figured that issue out.😡, so back to flying that particular aircraft.

On 1/2/2020 at 6:46 PM, David Roch said:

(Maybe Christian and Urmel should continue their love affair via PM? 😂)

A very interesting statement from Dave in AS forum:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/149528-a330-doesnt-like-bad-weather/&do=findComment&comment=962579
"First, let me say that I am absolutely not happy with our existing flight model, and neither are the developers, and this includes some drag issues (which by the way I've been complaining about internally for a number of months).  We plan to tighten up our flight dynamics after we're completely some higher priority things."

Fingers crossed.

And he too as part of AS, shot me down here, when I had PMd him. So much for a PM meaning exactly what its is supposed to be!!😡

9 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Well said David, because after following Urmel81's advice, I did post to AS's Forum re: the Checklists for this aircraft. Guess what? Still awaiting for a so-called 'moderator' to 'approve' my post------probably by next Christmas,if I am lucky!!! Meanwhile, what do I do with an aircraft that I shelled out good money for from the???. Luckily, I used my wits and figured that issue out.😡, so back to flying that particular aircraft.

And he too as part of AS, shot me down here, when I had PMd him. So much for a PM meaning exactly what its is supposed to be!!😡

Maybe you are banned for free posts from the Aerosoft Forum because you posted something in this topic here.
I remember the question from Dave if you had posted here.

Sorry, my fault, I opened this topic.

Urmel

30 minutes ago, Urmel81 said:

Maybe you are banned for free posts from the Aerosoft Forum because you posted something in this topic here.
I remember the question from Dave if you had posted here.

Sorry, my fault, I opened this topic.

Urmel

I posted 2 questions here. One you were able to clue me up, re:MCDU-Options, for which I thanked you.Second one, re:Checklists, you had no idea you replied, which is when I followed your hint to post there. But now, 'water under the bridge' to me.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:54 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

I do my very best to avoid sarcasm. It's not always easy in this community, but I do try very hard.  No sarcasm has been present when dealing with the individual in question, if that's what you're asking about.

If you're asking about the project I mentioned, I'm under a very tight NDA (which as the Project Manager I actually I wrote... lol) not to discuss the project more than what I've already said.  Obviously we're already looking at MSFS, but we need to see the final product to do a deep dive type technical evaluation. After that we may well pick this project back up.  So, not dead, just on hold for future evaluation.  This is pretty normal on the flight sim development side. Projects get funded for research and sometimes never make it fully into development.  This is precisely the how third party developers helped push flight simulation to the level we now enjoy, and what people rarely get a glimpse of.

Thanks for the inquiry, and best wishes!

If you're bound by such a restrictive NDA that you can't even divulge the broad nature of what you claim would "revolutionize" P3D, then why would you even mention it?

When you make grand statements like that then you should expect that people are going to want to know more.

You are also a "deputy", whatever that means, on Aerosoft's forum.  So a bit more than just an unpaid advisor.

Dave

• Upvote 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

3 hours ago, dave2013 said:

If you're bound by such a restrictive NDA that you can't even divulge the broad nature of what you claim would "revolutionize" P3D, then why would you even mention it?

As the reason why I'm currently unpaid - my project is not active. You'd have had to follow the entire discussion, which spanned 4 different threads one of which AVSIM deleted to hide from public view.

When you make grand statements like that then you should expect that people are going to want to know more.

Not a bad thing, but I also qualified my statement saying I couldn't say anything else, so... if I'm bound, I can't say more regardless of any interest.

You are also a "deputy", whatever that means, on Aerosoft's forum.  So a bit more than just an unpaid advisor.

All of our Moderators are unpaid advisors, but they may not be a part of the corporate staff.

I hope I answered your questions, even though it seems that you're just nick picking for whatever reason.  Instead, I'd say to focus of flight simulation, but it's only a recommendation.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have now also encountered this problem, albeit with the 320. Triggered by stutters while loading scenery or other (sim)objects. Only way to recover is to disengage the AP, stabilize and re-engage. Don't remember having that problem when using FSX.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

27 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

I have now also encountered this problem, albeit with the 320. Triggered by stutters while loading scenery or other (sim)objects. Only way to recover is to disengage the AP, stabilize and re-engage. Don't remember having that problem when using FSX.

From memory, the issue was in FSX also (depends on the region Ex: I had/have this problem every time in the Seattle area.)...

Unlike other aircraft (PMDG, Fsl, in fact any other one...) manage the situation very well (no loss of control despite the stutters), the Airbus series due to their design is problematic.

Instead to disengage the AP, you can also just pause the simu and unpause when all is stable.

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Well Aerosoft banned me after I critized that their planes are not able to fly with higher rates than 4x. They called me a liar and stated that no AC can do this while simultanesly I was flawlessly flying my pmdg 777 with 16x over the atlantic. Once a fan I am done with them. Reading this stuff about the 330 does not even surprise me.

Edited by DaWu

Lukas Dalton

32 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Well Aerosoft banned me after I critized that their planes are not able to fly with higher rates than 4x. They called me a liar and stated that no AC can do this while simultanesly I was flawlessly flying my pmdg 777 with 16x over the atlantic. Once a fan I am done with these clowns. Reading this stuff about the 330 does not even surprise me.

Well, thats very interesting. I just reviewed all warnings in our ststem for the past  30 days and the only bans I see are two for double accounts and two for behavior that would be unacceptable anywhete in flight sim. I did this via my phone, so I suppise I could have missed it, but I usually see our moderator activity daily and I don't recall seeing such a ban.

Regardless, this boils down to a knowledge issue. As far as I remember the PMDG aircraft you mentioned uses a customer time accelerator, not time acceleration via P3D. Before the custom time acceleration, PMDG also advertised up to go x4 time acceleration just as other complex third party airlines do. You don't have to take my word for this, it is in their pre-custom time acceleration documentation or you could simply ask Rob, Ryan, or any of their staff about this. My point is that its not an apples to apples comparison.

If you still believe you were banned, and it was unjust, feel free to PM me the details and I'll look into it.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

22 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, thats very interesting. I just reviewed all warnings in our ststem for the past  30 days and the only bans I see are two for double accounts and two for behavior that would be unacceptable anywhete in flight sim. I did this via my phone, so I suppise I could have missed it, but I usually see our moderator activity daily and I don't recall seeing such a ban.

Regardless, this boils down to a knowledge issue. As far as I remember the PMDG aircraft you mentioned uses a customer time accelerator, not time acceleration via P3D. Before the custom time acceleration, PMDG also advertised up to go x4 time acceleration just as other complex third party airlines do. You don't have to take my word for this, it is in their pre-custom time acceleration documentation or you could simply ask Rob, Ryan, or any of their staff about this. My point is that its not an apples to apples comparison.

If you still believe you were banned, and it was unjust, feel free to PM me the details and I'll look into it.

I didnt use custom time acceleration. I hit R and then pushed it to 16x without any problems. I expected to be able to do this with the 320 but it didn’t work. The plane loses control. I could expect something as an answer like „sorry but we are not able to do it“ but I can’t accept your devs calling me out that I am dreaming, halicunating and lying cos it’s impossible to go higher than 16x. Still laughing...yes curves may be wonky and require a manual decrease for the time it takes to change course. But flying 350nm at Crz Level in a straight line is mandatory to be able to do with 16x for people with a real life and it works in every frickin 3pd addon BUT aerosoft.

Lukas Dalton

1 hour ago, DaWu said:

Well Aerosoft banned me after I critized that their planes are not able to fly with higher rates than 4x. They called me a liar and stated that no AC can do this while simultanesly I was flawlessly flying my pmdg 777 with 16x over the atlantic. Once a fan I am done with these clowns. Reading this stuff about the 330 does not even surprise me.

Sir,

I have some serious problems with your accusations.

1. There is not one single thing in your Aerosoft Forums account that shows you have receieved a single warning or any administrative action whatsoever, including a ban.  I suppose this is just a knowledge issue, maybe you're simply not familiar with how the Aerosoft forum software works, which is exactly the same software as used here at AVSIM.

2. Time Acceleration.  Again, I believe this is a knowledge issue.  As far as I recall, the PMDG aircraft you cited uses a custom time accelerator built into their software.  The Airbus has a price tag ofg less than half the aircraft you cited, and if you owned the another Airbus professional product then it's even less.  At that cost, we were not able to build in a custom time accelerator.

Additionally, those who have been in the flight sim community for several years know all too well that complex airliners usually advertise nothing greater than x4 time acceleration.  PMDG did this as well with their entire line prior to implementing their custom time accelerator.  That said, in testing I have seen time acceleration work up to x8 though at present we had to implement some additional logging to help track down an elusive issue.

So the statement from Aerosoft is indeed accurate, advertising x4 time acceleration is standard for airliners when it's done via P3D.

Again, there has been no administration action take with your account (same username as here).

Best wishes.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

The ban was on Facebook not in the forums. My bad I have mistaken that. For commenting that I will not buy it with 4x limitations. 

And again I never used the managed acceleration feature. I used the built in P3D feature which may be not recommended or advertised but worked flawlessly nonetheless

Lukas Dalton