Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

Aerosoft A330 professional not really compatible with AI!

I've seen very similar issue waaay back to LOCK-ON 1.02, it seems the aircraft's control will "reset" to 0 at FPS glitches, which the 0 there is full pitch down and full bank left....

I'm not a code expert, but that kind of design doesn't seems very... aerospace engineering.

Even old plane's Autopilot from 60s will try to hold the control steady when ILS signal became unstable or losing during auto approach, rather than try something fancy.

I think that's what AS330 lack of, hold steady when glitching happens, and carry on when FPS is back.

Edited by C2615

15 minutes ago, DaWu said:

I didnt use custom time acceleration. I hit R and then pushed it to 16x without any problems. I expected to be able to do this with the 320 but it didn’t work. The plane loses control. I could expect something as an answer like „sorry but we are not able to do it“ but I can’t accept your devs calling me out that I am dreaming, halicunating and lying cos it’s impossible to go higher than 16x. Still laughing...yes curves may be wonky and require a manual decrease for the time it takes to change course. But flying 350nm at Crz Level in a straight line is mandatory to be able to do with 16x for people with a real life and it works in every frickin 3pd addon BUT aerosoft.

It's been a few years, but I seem to recall PMDG not recommending anything higher than 4x with the 777.  

The fact that you got it to work at 16x is fine, but I'm just telling you what I remember them saying about going above 4x.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

8 minutes ago, Mace said:

It's been a few years, but I seem to recall PMDG not recommending anything higher than 4x with the 777.  

The fact that you got it to work at 16x is fine, but I'm just telling you what I remember them saying about going above 4x.

yes thats true. I know they dont recommecnd it but time is valuable 😉

Lukas Dalton

7 minutes ago, DaWu said:

The ban was on Facebook not in the forums. My bad I have mistaken that. For commenting that I will not buy it with 4x limitations. 

And again I never used the managed acceleration feature. I used the built in P3D feature which may be not recommended or advertised but worked flawlessly nonetheless

Lukas,

I didn't see your post on Facebook, truth be told I don't monitor our Facebook account for no other reason than I just don't have the time.  I'm not certain, but last I knew only one person had adminstrative access to our Facebook account, and that's my friend Mathijs Kok.  I'll tell you something I really shouldn't say... Mathijs hates (and I mean he HATES) anyone getting banned.  I'm not kidding.  About a year ago he told his moderation staff that he should be the only one who bans people, and if they DID ban someone they had better have a perfect reason for doing so.  I'll tell you another secret.  I hate seeing people get banned more than Mathijs does, and if I'm the one banning someone then I consider it a failure on my part to have worked with the person.  I tell you, I'm just a sincere person who cares deeply about flight simulation, our community, and the people in it, and I bet if you spent some time reading my posts here and in the Aerosoft forums  you'd be hard pressed to come to any other conclusion.  I've been a part of this community since the earlier 1980's, back when we used Bulletin Board systems and (as I was reminded earlier today) Compuserve and AOL.

Flight simulation has been an important part of my life since i stepped through the door and I've made lasting friends who have traveled from other countries to stay at my home (plus yeah, they like Florida and my pool, so it's hard to figure out if they come for that or to see me... lol).  I have spent the past 15 years working and helping flight simmers from around the globe and roughly 11 years ago I began working with many of the our leading developers including Aerosoft as I continued to help people here and elsewhere.

Here is what I know. Regardless of whether it's Rob's PMDG forum, John's ORBX forum, Aerosoft's, Majestic, or most any other developer, if you behave badly then something is going to happen. But if you treat developers with common courtesy then they'll do their very best to help you or educate  you about their product.  But once a developer has said "that's the way it is" you, me, and everyone else has to accept that.  We don't have to like it, but if that's how the software is then all we can do is respectfully voice our opinion and hope it gets changed.  Get angry and pitch a fit, especially publicly, then the developer isn't going to care what you have to say.

Aerosoft has taken some lumps in this thread, but I'll tell you that much of that are actually misunderstandings or knowledge issues - like 90% of the things I see go sideways in our hobby.  I don't usually bother to correct knowledge issues here at AVSIM because I'm forbidden by my CEO to engage in technical support here, but post in our forums and me or our moderators there are their to help along with sincerity, good will and respect, not to mention that each one of our team there is hand picked and possess the most impressive knowledge of flight simulators and addons products I have ever seen.  I'm not exaggerating.  Look, the two finest airliners ever developed for desktop sim in the almost 40 years I've been doing this is the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional and the Leonardo MaddogX, and I don't believe that any long term highly experienced pilot or flight simmer would dream of arguing that.  I have long been a part of both of those teams, even before I was asked to join Aerosoft. And I'm telling you that the Aerosoft Tech Support team are truly giants in the world of flight sim tech support.  Sure, they make mistakes, but they often only have text to go on and it's issues are routinely not explained very well (which we understand).  I know these guys personally and they are really and truly wonderful people who really love helping flight simmers resolve issues.  In fact, here's a neat statistic.  About 1/3 of our tech support cases don't involve our software, the problem is either with Windows and associated software or FSX/P3D.

Now look, the Aerosoft Airbus is not a $160 Airbus Product.  We know that, and we didn't design it as such.  We designed a product at a price point that was affordable for the largest number of people, one that modeled normal operations. Now the A330 is early access and our developers are back from the holidays and working hard to bring this aircraft up to snuff.  The A318/A319/A320/A321 have just received a good update with a much larger one to come. This isn't much different than any other developer, though I will admit we are a little slower than we should be, but as a professional technical program manager for the US Navy ( Combat Systems) I'll tell you that developing such a project with a price point that we set is an enormously challenging endevor and several of us argued for a higher cost (not profit) to enable our speeding some things up, but our leadership stayed the course to provide these products at an affordable price to the flight sim community. So, takes a little longer, but they always deliver.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience on our Facebook page, I am.  I don't want anyone to have anything but a positive experience with our company.  But as a well meaning realist I have to acknowledge that no person or company can make 100% of it's customers happy, especially when there is such a wide range for levels of knowledge about our hobby.  Shoot, I'd say that half of my time is spent educating people, which is something that I enjoy (especially because my wife won't let me educate her about anything... the married guys here know exactly what I'm talking about... lol).  At my center I am nothing more than a long term flight simmer who loves flight simulation and loves flight simmers.  But I also abhor bad behavior and I loathe seeing it in our hobby - makes the everyone including the person writing it look bad, especially to those new folks looking into flight simulation.

I know, it's a long winded post. But I just want to say one more thing.  If Aerosoft was a bad company or had bad products, I wouldn't be there.  It's not like I don't already have a home with the very best developers in our community. The Airbus Professional Products are about to come into their own, and I just spent some serious time helping to make our Connected Flight Deck amazing (though scheduling is wicked right now so I can't say when our sever move and software update will occur, but I pushed VERY hard for this month).

What would I like to see?  I'd love to see us all just step back, get rid of the personal frustration and needless conflicts, and be flight simmers who are good to one another!  There is far more that unites us than separates us.

My sincere best wishes to everyone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave, with the technical competance ofyou and other developers not questioned it may be time they should think of trying to convince customers in the same way they use to convince their wives rather than just coming from a position of superior knowledge (which you and others most probably have).  

I have learnt thingsa from this thread which I never would have if it had been left to the publishers,, this has helped explain other behavior and will of course influence my future purchases of both hardware and software which have of necesity slowed down due to exchange rate changes which mean that my bsic costs have increased so that I have less for simming.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

I am personally sorry to see Dave forced to come and justify himself here.
No doubts that you are an honest and kind person Dave, as well as Mathijs.

Let's focus on the product and forget individuals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

On 1/4/2020 at 7:38 PM, DrumsArt said:

Instead to disengage the AP, you can also just pause the simu and unpause when all is stable.

That's fine and dandy provided that you're in front of your PC when the stutters start.

• Upvote 1

David Roch  I would like to say I am not calling Dave to justify himself.  What I am calling for is a little bit of openess and the realisation that what Developers seem to consider Customers making unjustifiable attacks is actually the Customers trying to obtain information on how to get their  product which they paid their money for to work when facts within the knowledge of the insiders remain undisclosed (eg needs 18 fps).  I could prbably enjoy sharing a coffee with most people in this forum with the proviso that to do so with some the topic of flight simulation would have to remain off the table.

Harry Woodrow

Harry, I wrote my answer before seeing yours 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

On 1/2/2020 at 4:54 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

If you're asking about the project I mentioned, I'm under a very tight NDA (which as the Project Manager I actually I wrote... lol) not to discuss the project more than what I've already said.  Obviously we're already looking at MSFS, but we need to see the final product to do a deep dive type technical evaluation. After that we may well pick this project back up.  So, not dead, just on hold for future evaluation.  This is pretty normal on the flight sim development side. Projects get funded for research and sometimes never make it fully into development.  This is precisely the how third party developers helped push flight simulation to the level we now enjoy, and what people rarely get a glimpse of.

Wait... what? You were working on an addon that would make 99% of forum post here obsolete and you put it on hold because of the sim that won't be released for almost a year? Also, if all your claims are true than I'm pretty sure it would be the best selling FS addon of all time. I'm seriously confused 😕

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Wait... what? You were working on an addon that would make 99% of forum post here obsolete and you put it on hold because of the sim that won't be released for almost a year? Also, if all your claims are true than I'm pretty sure it would be the best selling FS addon of all time. I'm seriously confused 😕

Well since as Dave points out, it was himself that wrote the NDA you could ask him to kindy to rewrite it so he could tell us all about it! We all would love to.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well since as Dave points out, it was himself that wrote the NDA you could ask him to kindy to rewrite it so he could tell us all about it! We all would love to.

I don't expect any explanation about the product, I was just very surprised about the confusing statement I read in this forum thread and commented on that. To say you're developing an addon that makes P3D run at 60 FPS in any situation and than say you're putting it on hold because you're looking at some product that's going to be released almost a year from now is a little bizarre to me. That's all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I don't expect any explanation about the product, I was just very surprised about the confusing statement I read in this forum thread and commented on that. To say you're developing an addon that makes P3D run at 60 FPS in any situation and than say you're putting it on hold because you're looking at some product that's going to be released almost a year from now is a little bizarre to me. That's all.

My post was NOT about the product, you'll have to go back and read what I wrote in the context of the conversation.  One must always read things in context, otherwise they risk being confused.  I hope this is helpful to you!

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yesterday I was attempting a long flight NZAA to ZGGG. Everything was working normally as it should. The aircraft was following the flight plan. Obviously I don't have 13 hours to spend so I sped it up x4. This was all fine. Nothing to see - just occasional clouds and the pacific ocean far below. I thought I would just check my position in the menu map for a visual update

Next thing - one out of control A330 once I went back to the cockpit.

Lost 19,000 feet trying to regain control. had to reset auto throttle and Autopilot and reset throttles.

a little later tried the same thing again  ... checked pull down Map in menu - went back to aircraft cockpit - Result  - out of control A330.

Abandoned flight.

For now will just take short 3 hours or less flights and not leave cockpit as it is a great aircraft - just disappointing behavior sometimes . I should point out my frame rate was in the high 20's and 30's the whole flight  and I am running the latest Nvidia drivers

Just to add a different experience here:

I made a dozen of flights with the AS A330 and I have been using sim rate 8x with no problems. Also no serious handling problems when the FPS drop below 18 momentarily - some short upsets but always easy to stabilize again.

Quite happy with the AS A330 overall. Not an FSL of course...

Edited by RALF9636