Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

Aerosoft A330 professional not really compatible with AI!

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

My post was NOT about the product, you'll have to go back and read what I wrote in the context of the conversation.  One must always read things in context, otherwise they risk being confused.  I hope this is helpful to you!

No, I got it the first time. Nonetheless, it's my issue so don't worry about it. Let's move on.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 3:10 PM, ray hughes said:

Yesterday I was attempting a long flight NZAA to ZGGG. Everything was working normally as it should. The aircraft was following the flight plan. Obviously I don't have 13 hours to spend so I sped it up x4. This was all fine. Nothing to see - just occasional clouds and the pacific ocean far below. I thought I would just check my position in the menu map for a visual update

Next thing - one out of control A330 once I went back to the cockpit.

Lost 19,000 feet trying to regain control. had to reset auto throttle and Autopilot and reset throttles.

a little later tried the same thing again  ... checked pull down Map in menu - went back to aircraft cockpit - Result  - out of control A330.

Abandoned flight.

For now will just take short 3 hours or less flights and not leave cockpit as it is a great aircraft - just disappointing behavior sometimes . I should point out my frame rate was in the high 20's and 30's the whole flight  and I am running the latest Nvidia drivers

Had a similar experience last night ex-VHHH over mainland China. At cruise altitude, no AI within many miles. Plane decides to go max throttle and make a run for orbit (near vertical). This weekend same thing happened several times, most of which were away from the departure airports so it's not tied to AI spawning.

Something is definitely amiss, and I agree it's a deflection to simply say that a drop in frame rates for a split second will cause their aircraft to cease functioning. As has been said, other very "heavy" addons continue to operate with no issues in low fps environments. My recent occurrences were all at very high fps conditions. If a minimum rate is required it should absolutely be HIGH in the product requirements, but there is more to this issue. 

I'm disappointed, and having long days and two small kids it's frustrating to have my few chances to fly interrupted in such a way. Oddly, I don't recall having these issues with the original release; perhaps there's hope that this will be addressed.

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Has anyone tried this "tweak" with the AS Airbus?

PANEL_UPDATE_MODE = 1

As per the SDK: 

Panel update every 18hz which could be more than once per frame if the framerate drops below 18

Maybe it's enough to keep it flying when FPS temporarily drop?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I encountered a similar problem a few days ago with the A321, reinstalled with the latest build: all was well during the climb, then suddenly, boom, autopilot disconnects, plane starts climbing like crazy, and the whole flight goes t*ts up. 

I'm hoping that Aerosoft will address this issue instead of doing what they often do: blame the customer or claim that nobody else experiences this issue. 

If the minimum frame rate requirement is hard-coded into the addon, then it should be prominently featured on the "requirements page", which would, I suspect, make a significant dent in their sales. 

Also, other demanding addons don't seem to experience this "Joe Biden effect". I mean, sure if you're using a demanding addon on a lower end computer, the experience wont be smooth, but the addon plane still is able to fly. 

Perhaps you should have bought the QW 78 after all it never falls out the skys and is a great aircraft, savings money is one thing, throwing it away because AS offered you a discount is not so wise.

Dont expect anything from Aerosoft, I needed support from them on LSGG airport with a gate not working, I only got one reply from a member of there staff, it read, “well my version is working fine so just what do you want me to report” .......I will never buy anything from them again, there a bunch of self righteous people who think there far better than anyone else who love nothing better than telling you how amazing they are. I told AS what I thought of there sarcasm to my request for help and Mr Kock, I do hope I spelled that right, slapped a 2 month ban on me.

Never will I buy anything from them again and if I ever see them at a show I will tell them to there face what I think to there self promoting self righteous approach to customer help.

Enjoy you AS bus and “the best of luck my friend” with any support you dare to ask for.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Is that addon that eliminates all performance issues still on hold?

He cannot talk about it, even though it was his own NDA, you could not make it up really. It was on hold due to MSFS coming and to re -evaluate it ^^

I started on one after I hearing the idea, I now get 200 FPS in the FSL at EGLL with Orbx TE UK but sorry I cannot talk about it!! Self imposed gage. I am thinking of suing myself for even hinting at how amazing it is. Do you know I've been doing this for 30 years and frankly I am a God, well within my own bathroom shower.......

I can't think of anyone that owns P3D or FSX that would not want 100-200 fps, think of the sales! put i've put it on hold also^^

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Btw, the title of the thread is misleading. I don't think it has anything to do with AI per se, outside of the fact that AI settings influence frame rates.

I experienced this problem with the Airbus Professional on at least three occasions - and my AI settings are close to zero.

On 1/1/2020 at 12:51 AM, w6kd said:

I suspect that the reason some people are having trouble reproducing this problem is they are loading up the system with GPU-intensive workload to get frame rates below 18...in this case, I would not expect any aberrant behavior owing to a slowdown in the gauge refresh cycle.  But...if you load it up with CPU-intensive work...like heavy autogen and AI--if that pulls the frame rate down to below 18 you may well see the aberrant behavior being described here.

It's absolutely true that many (most) add-on acft will not depart controlled flight due to a CPU workload spike.  The reason this isn't endemic to all add-on panels is that there are other programmatic options for time references when writing panel code...I certainly would not program feedback loops and other real-time, time-critical processes based on the sim's internal gauge timer for exactly the reason that you can't count on it *always* holding fast at 18 Hz.  At least Aerosoft is honest about what's happening...but it does put a major dent in the selling point of this add-on as being an ideal lower-cost Scarebus alternative for a lower-end system.  Maybe for a mid-level system, but if you can't muster the CPU horsepower to keep that gauge refresh cycle steady with the settings you're after, you may be in for some heartache.

This.

21 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Has anyone tried this "tweak" with the AS Airbus?

PANEL_UPDATE_MODE = 1

As per the SDK: 

Maybe it's enough to keep it flying when FPS temporarily drop?

Any background info available on this tweak - I'd certainly be interested in trying it ?

Gary, FYI I applied this tweak and just had another one of the 330's infamous rocket climb/dive behaviors after 9.5 hours over the Atlantic into LEMD. That doesn't mean it won't work for you, but it didn't resolve the issue on my end. 

Oh, btw, the tweak is a Prepar3d advanced setting mod from LM; there's some limited reading here:

Advanced Settings

Everything on my system is current, clean new install of P3d and the 'bus.... same old Aerosoft behavior. Lost track of how many months it's been since purchasing this add-on that remains half baked, and am honestly tired of the "our plane is perfect, you shouldn't expect to fly with scenery and AI" attitude on their support forums. 

I'm off to fly my QW/PMDG aircraft into heavy scenery, weather, and busy airports without needing to experience CFIT. 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

This explains why I was only getting 8 FPS with the A330 until I turned down my AI (Traffic Global)!

I'm done with Aerosoft airplanes.  Their stuff is just never ending beta products.  They can get a way with it too because they just keep calling everything beta.

When MSFS comes along and I make the switch, no Aerosoft products will ever touch my sim...orbx either but that's a different subject/thread.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

16 hours ago, sddjd said:

Gary, FYI I applied this tweak and just had another one of the 330's infamous rocket climb/dive behaviors after 9.5 hours over the Atlantic into LEMD. That doesn't mean it won't work for you, but it didn't resolve the issue on my end. 

Oh, btw, the tweak is a Prepar3d advanced setting mod from LM; there's some limited reading here:

Advanced Settings

Everything on my system is current, clean new install of P3d and the 'bus.... same old Aerosoft behavior. Lost track of how many months it's been since purchasing this add-on that remains half baked, and am honestly tired of the "our plane is perfect, you shouldn't expect to fly with scenery and AI" attitude on their support forums. 

I'm off to fly my QW/PMDG aircraft into heavy scenery, weather, and busy airports without needing to experience CFIT. 

Interesting to see this thread appear again.

I really like the AS Airbuses and so have spent a bit of time getting to the bottom of this issue.

I can confirm that on my system, it has everything to do with the injection of AI. I use Process Monitor to look for the injection of traffic.bgl files and can state 100% that they can cause a momentary dip in fps. Sometimes the Airbuses can cope with this, but others, they can't and bang, off they go...

What's interesting is that once the Airbuses lose control, the fps seems to get even worse, almost like there is some sort of control 'runaway' within the programming algorithms. My guess is that there are PID control algorithms at play that, due to relying of system fps for sync, can't handle a major disturbance in it.

Anyway, I decided to have a go at getting around the issue and created a LUA script that monitors both fps and vertical speed. If either 'throw a wobbly', the script will immediately pause the sim until some sort of normality is resumed. Seemed to get around the problem about 95% of the time.

I then refined it in .Net and decided to also automatically reduce AI% based upon altitude as I only ever observed the problem in the cruise. This works far better. About 3 months ago I purchased the A330 and have never seen it lose control.

Bottom line for me is that if I reduce AI% to approx 25% whilst in the cruise, the problem very, very rarely occurs.

Regards