Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

A video posted yesterday on a Nvidia twitter account

• Like 12

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Good to see NVIDIA and Microsoft partnering for this release once again. This mean we will likely have game-ready drivers on the day of release, and other NVIDIA-specific features like Ansel, which will allow for some great screenshots.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Wow!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Isn't that video an excerpt of one of those released by Microsoft?

Give people power to really test their personality.

1 minute ago, SamYeager said:

Yeah, it is. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

Maybe, I was not sure, so many videos available now, so in doubt I posted anyway. 

In any case, as said above by Chaotic Beauty, a posting by Nvidia is interesting in itself. So far, for all we know, all the demo machines had a 2080i inside. 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yeah, video is nothing new 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Even if it isn't, it's great to get a reminder every once in a while. That buffeting is amazing...

• Like 2

I think Microsoft flight simulator is going to have the opposite effect on aviation that everyone thinks it will. Pilots will give up real flying and young pilots will take a pass on careers in commercial aviation in favour of the more realistic Microsoft Flight Simulator.😂

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Finally, a landing in a Microsoft flight simulator that actually bears a resemblance to what happens in real life in terms of aircraft behaviour and the required control inputs. Excellent!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Stunning! That shot of the cloudy sky and several thousand feet up a gap  in the dark clouds with the sun lighting the cloud tops is just beautiful. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Already more than 12,200 likes, 3,200 comments and 2,800 retweets after two days 😀

Dominique

On a non-flightsim forum (which will remain nameless), the Twitter post revived a MSFS thread and the following info came from an unidentified alpha tester;

Can't give much away but on my setup (9700K@5.0, 2080Ti, 32Gb) running at 4K, sim gfx options maxed, and I do mean maxed.

Take off from Heathrow runway 9L in the C172 G1000 and fly straight over greater London with scattered/broken clouds I'm sitting at approx 50fps.

and

According to MSI afterburner my 2080Ti was sitting around 80% and 9.5Gb on the VRAM, cpu utilisation in task manager was around 65%, with the core 0 pretty much maxed.

What's a strong positive from my experience so far is that weather doesn't effect performance, at all.

Clear skies or heavily overcast with multiple cloud layers, fps doesn't change. And the clouds are true volumetric.

It's not perfect, there are weak areas that we are feeding back to MS/Asobo via the insider forums; but it's still an alpha, albeit a very good one.

Expect a truly next-gen sim in 2020.

Also reportedly goes over 16Gb of RAM but can dial back a bit on settings and it works fine.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bottle said:

On a non-flightsim forum (which will remain nameless), the Twitter post revived a MSFS thread and the following info came from an unidentified alpha tester;

and

Also reportedly goes over 16Gb of RAM but can dial back a bit on settings and it works fine.

If the above posts are correct then I only need an 2080 TI equivalent or most likely 30xx card to make my new system run MSFS in all it's glory.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.