Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

A video posted yesterday on a Nvidia twitter account

16 minutes ago, eaim said:

If the above posts are correct then I only need an 2080 TI equivalent or most likely 30xx card to make my new system run MSFS in all it's glory.

Highly depends on what resolution you will be running at. If the above peformance info is correct then I believe you can easily do 1440p 60fps with a RTX 2070 all settings maxed. 4k is just insanely demanding.

• Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

How much AI was running, kills fps in fsx, so if it wasnt much, there is that to consider.

• Upvote 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

51 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Highly depends on what resolution you will be running at. If the above peformance info is correct then I believe you can easily do 1440p 60fps with a RTX 2070 all settings maxed. 4k is just insanely demanding.

I intend to eventually go 4k, with a new graphics card ie a 3070 or 3080 I should be able to hit at least 50 FPS like the anonymous Beta tester, I have and equivalent cpu to him, the same ram etc all just waiting to be built in around the middle of January.

What's your Cpu @Baber20?

TBF if I already had a 2070 instead of a 1070 I wouldn't be looking to upgrade my GPU later in the year, it would be sufficient for me... for now.

Edited by eaim

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

38 minutes ago, Brandon0110 said:

How much AI was running, kills fps in fsx, so if it wasnt much, there is that to consider.

The AI might get put on other cores, a bit like TG on Xplane, it has almost no impact on FPS in the sim, I would be surprised if MSFS will be simular.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, eaim said:

I intend to eventually go 4k, with a new graphics card ie a 3070 or 3080 I should be able to hit at least 50 FPS like the anonymous Beta tester, I have and equivalent cpu to him, the same ram etc all just waiting to be built in around the middle of January.

What's your Cpu @Baber20?

TBF if I already had a 2070 instead of a 1070 I wouldn't be looking to upgrade my GPU later in the year, it would be sufficient for me... for now.

Ryzen 2600x with Rtx 2060.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

3 hours ago, eaim said:

If the above posts are correct then I only need an 2080 TI equivalent or most likely 30xx card to make my new system run MSFS in all it's glory.

They haven't started optimization  yet. Never judge performance on an alpha.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

They haven't started optimization  yet. Never judge performance on an alpha.

Unless they start deleting code I think it's a reasonable assumption to make that if the current alpha which is not optimised and full of bugs can run great with a 2080 TI then the real thing should also run great with a 2080 TI or better.

Edited by highflyer2020

21 hours ago, eaim said:

The AI might get put on other cores, a bit like TG on Xplane, it has almost no impact on FPS in the sim, I would be surprised if MSFS will be simular.

That would be the best news ever.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

I note the report of 50 fps over central London.  If that's a stutter-free 50 frames, then that's a very good sign.

• Upvote 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 1/1/2020 at 5:29 PM, Baber20 said:

a 2080Ti is really made for 4k!

You dont have to worry, it runs every game/sim at 4k, if i change to 1440p or 1080p i get no additional FPS,

because my bottleneck is the i7 4790k from 2014! 😄

Even with this old CPU i would say 90% of my sims/games are running @60+ fps in 4k.

anyway upgrade underway this Weekend to a i9 9900k, bout time 😅

Bottleneck Calculator

I seem to remember reading that the demo machines were high but not top-end specs.  Unfortunately, I can't remember where and don't have time to trawl millions of posts.

As for CPU specs, I think this quote is interesting.

"It seems that we are going to need a lot of computing power. Or are all these calculations going to be done in the cloud?

-No, computers and consoles are extremely powerful today. In our performance analyzes, calculations for the entire climate system and the flight model are not going to need more than 5% of the capacity of a processor core, and today the processors have several cores. So it won't be a problem."

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/tecnologia/hablan-creadores-del-flight-simulator-2020-nid2318927

On 1/1/2020 at 6:20 PM, eaim said:

Aren't the AI calculations done in the Azure Cloud?

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 hours ago, tweekz said:

No, Azure only delivers the scenery streaming. All computation and rendering is done on your PC.

Edited by nikita
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, tweekz said:

Some of the AI is done in the cloud, like scenery and buildings.  This might give you an idea of that.  https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/how-to-extract-building-footprints-from-satellite-images-using-deep-learning/?cdn=disable

But any "scenery" that needs animation, like cars and people, will be done locally.  (This is of course best guess, since I don't think details on this level have been released.)