Sign in to follow this  
rayp

Switching problem with A3XX module

You have combined all the Aerosoft Airbus Professional modules together.  This is fine and OK for the 318 t0 321 modules as they all use exactly the same functions.  However the A330 has different functions for some of its requirements.  This is causing a problem to me when trying to allocate functions to switches.  With a limited number of switches available, it has become necessary to allocate a different function to the same switch depending on which aircraft is being used.  How did you envisage the method to be carried out to do this?  I saw your answer about using the user.lua file but when I clicked on EDIT I did not see an EDIT USER button and couldn't see how to carry on so am none the wiser.

The aim was to create a common module for all A3XX variants (A318/319/320/321 and 330). I have tried where possible to keep common functions the same (same name) and use switching logic to determine the response based on the aircraft variant. Where there are A330 unique functions these have the prefix A33_ instead of AB_. 

An example of this is the Fuel Pumps. The Left and Right pumps remain the same although the A330 has a Standby pump on each side. I have kept the Centre pumps for the but these are in fact crossed feed valves on the A330.

I have my set up that works for all variants. The alternative would be to have completely separate modules for the smaller and the large Airbus. I would like to avoid this as it would add to my support workload.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

20 hours ago, rayp said:

I saw your answer about using the user.lua file but when I clicked on EDIT I did not see an EDIT USER button and couldn't see how to carry on so am none the wiser.

Which version of LINDA are you using? The edit options for Readme, User and Actions are available as buttons in the bottom right in v3.0.12. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Is there any chance to get the FD and LS toggle also with a single command for both sides (Capt & Copi)? There is obviously such a function available in the cockpit by RIGHT clicking the respective button, identical to FSL Bus.

In addition to that it would be highly appreciated if the BARO Toggle could also be achieved for BOTH sides by a single click. Of course these are issues which must be solved by Aerosoft, but my hope is still that there are some "hidden" function which would allow such shortcuts...😀Talking about such issues with Aerosoft,s developers directly is simply to no avail, not to say completely useless...

FO FD and LS buttons added to next version of Aerosoft A3XX Pro together with _both FD and LS options.

Synchronising the BARO will take a little extra work.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have investigated the BARO functions. All changes to the Capt or FO BARO knob or units are mirrored to the other side. This is both in the virtual cockpit and with the LINDA BARO functions. There was an error in the AB_BARO_Unit_toggle function which will be fixed in the next release.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK