Sign in to follow this  
trucker92

MilViz KA 350i Autopilot issues and aligning issues

Hello.

I wanted to ask this on the milviz forum but you have to contact someone to register which would take days or weeks, and I want to resolve this sooner as I purchased it, I want to use it.

1. quarter of the way into my journey the AP seems to disconnects and refuses to reconnect, not sure if I have done something wrong? I followed the procedure in the manuals.

2. for some reason the plane doesnt align properly. it says the airport im at is 12nm away?? 

Registration for the support forum(s) can take as little as fifteen minutes...

...rarely more than one day at most.

Osh is typically very fast getting customers' requests handled.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Per #2 : Unfortunately, we're discovering (and this is not a slight in any way), that some 3rd party scenery and Navigraph aren't always giving the correct info so, if you're using 3rd party stuff...  that might explain some of your issues.

For 1, support forums are your best bet.  Note that we are not around for the next 36 hours or so for the holidays.  We will get you in the forums right away after that.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

13 hours ago, trucker92 said:

1. quarter of the way into my journey the AP seems to disconnects and refuses to reconnect, not sure if I have done something wrong? I followed the procedure in the manuals.

Please keep us posted on this issue. That's a show stopper there.

Peter Osborn

Hopefully when they get back after holidays they'd release the SP1 and by then I'll hit the buy button.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Having owned this plane for a good few years now, and having recently been on the beta testing program, I can assure you that there have been various issues, including with the FMS, but random disconnections were never a problem for me. It's much more stable now, especially since the hotfix.

The 350i always holds all its flight plans all the way down.

Having said that. this is still a relatively new and complex add-on, and perhaps more sensitive to the state of an individual PC and Sim set-up than other planes might be.

So I'd guess this could be related to something in your set up, don't think this is an inherent fault of the plane though.

Ray

Hi, 

Point (1) is pilot’s operation. It has happened to other people as well.

Please register on Milviz support forums  so we can provide help on this and other known issues. 

Tomas

I bought this product 4 days ago after owning the  carenado version for 3 or so years and using regularly, I must say this milviz  version  is truly truly amazing with one glitch, for me, the autopilot. I have done 12 flights so far. Of the twelve I have only managed to get the autopilot to activate 3 times. The other times it just will not engage at all. I cannot work out why. On one occasion  i had exactly the same route planned into the FMS and it worked on the first flight but then, with same route, it would not engage on the second flight ( Seperate days, clean reboot everytime). I am now even beginning to question my button sequencing thinking that I am missing something in the set up, please help!!!   Is there an instruction guide for the autopilot as there is nothing g in the supplied user guide other than general reference?

Support forums please.  There are also some videos on operations on our YT channel.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.