Sign in to follow this  
dongdongliushui

Microsoft:please open all testers’ appreciation screenshots!

I suspect they won't because the minute they do there will be a lot of leaked screen shots from people who don't have much to lose (since they don't have access to the actual TA).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@domkle, ever read “Oliver Twist”? 😉

To keep asking is not reasonable in my humble opinion. Don’t people have patience any longer? 🤨

What's ironic is the fact that you have little patience for people who want to learn more about the alpha lol

• Like 6

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 hours ago, stephenbgs said:

I believe the OP is asking MS to ease the NDA, NOT asking testers to break it.

Exactly some people need to learn how to read and understand basic sentences.

Regarding the screen shot thread, I think it's a good idea to open it up publicly.  I have posted some there myself.   There's literally thousands of images!  

5 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Pretty sure Microsoft knows more about what might or might not harm them, and that is why there is a NDA in place.

When the time is right the flood gates will be open and the NDA lifted 🙂

I wouldn't be so sure the NDA will be lifted in the way that you're thinking.

Remember, the Insider Tech Alpha group are flying an early version of the sim, where many things are likely to be missing or buggy. It's not in Microsoft's interest to allow people to post images of a work in progress. 

It *is* in Microsoft's interest to allow "curated" screen shots selected by MS where the sim is looking very good, as basically free advertising. So it's not going to be up to the folks in the Insider group to select which images to post.

I don't know what the final policy will be, but MS might very well decide to restrict the posting of any images from Tech Alpha 1 and 2, or any later Beta versions, keeping the NDA in place and not "lifting" it. After all, you don't get to see what the early versions of AAA games look like before they're released. A publisher wants you to see the product at its very best, not in an unfinished state.

2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Well, it doesn't hurt to ask them. Would be nice to see things from the users perspectives (like like all user screenshots threads).

Again, the Insider group is probably seeing things you'd like to see, and maybe some things you wouldn't like to see because it's a work in progress. Microsoft doesn't want to allow the Insider group to make that determination of what to post, which is why there is an NDA in place.

Edited by Paraffin
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

"Microsoft doesn't want to allow the Insider group to make that determination of what to post"

No off course not, but it wouldn't be hard for MS to pick, let's say 10 images, each week, which only shows the "good things" and not things/sceneries that might have flaws or aren't finished yet.

And that way the Alpha testers don't break the NDA, as long as it's MS which releases them.

• Like 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

36 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

A publisher wants you to see the product at its very best, not in an unfinished state.

This is true, however the product already looks fantastic, I'm buying this on day one even if it has loads of bugs....... because it seems that good.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

23 hours ago, Paraffin said:

I wouldn't be so sure the NDA will be lifted in the way that you're thinking.

That depends entirely on them. I have been under NDA for various games in the past and the general approach have been the opening of a new Closed Beta  testing in which testers were allowed to take screenshots in, and after a while the NDA to share said screenshots was lifted. So of course the NDA will come off when they think they are ready for it but it did let testers release screenshots which were before covered by NDA and displaying an unfinished yet pleasant product state 🙂

Edited by n4gix
REMOVED EXCESSIVE QUOTE!!! Please stop quoting the entire post you are replying to!

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

5 hours ago, domkle said:

Are your opinions truly humble, Ray ? Really ?  Now, don't take offence, I am not the humble kind either 😄 ! And remember reasonable as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What sounds reasonable to you  is unreasonable to the OP.  

Its like a game, not FS20, but the PR campaign : they show us teasers expecting us to be excited and to ask for more. If nobody was asking anything, I bet they would be massively disappointed.  

I tell you what, Charlie, the more I go (I'm 70) the more I like instant gratification. 

No opinions are right or wrong. You are perfectly entitled to disagree with me and likewise me with you. If you ask for more screenshots then I don’t disagree with you for asking.

But if new ones are published are they really going to show you things that haven’t already been seen? I don’t think they will. Hence why I think it’s pointless asking.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Krakin said:

What's ironic is the fact that you have little patience for people who want to learn more about the alpha lol

I’ll tell you why. We’ve already seen more in an alpha build of MFS than we ever saw in any previous version of Flight Sim. Back then we just waited until photos were published and were grateful.

So instead of just being grateful you become ever more demanding. Do you think that’s a reasonable stance to take? Be grateful for what has been published instead of always wanting more. Those wanting more just come across as never being satisfied.

In the light of a new video published today that should surely whet your appetite for a while. Better than any screenshots. 😀

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Additional info
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ll tell you why. We’ve already seen more in an alpha build of MFS than we ever saw in any previous version of Flight Sim. Back then we just waited until photos were published and were grateful.

So instead of just being grateful you become ever more demanding. Do you think that’s a reasonable stance to take? Be grateful for what has been published instead of always wanting more. Those wanting more just come across as never being satisfied.

In the light of a new video published today that should surely whet your appetite for a while. Better than any screenshots. 😀

To be fair - MS/Asobo have been incredible accommodating with community requests they are watching these forums and listening to what we want.  Maybe if this was a different publisher or a different era these requests for more would have fallen on deaf ears. and nothing would have come about.

I don't think people asking for more - if more is more screenshots or more detials about certain parts of the sim is the same as being impatient or ungrateful. The devs have said they are open to feedback and asking for more is participating in the development experience just as much as people testing the tech alpha are doing.

Edited by highflyer2020

@highflyer2020, yes, Microsoft have which is why I find these continued requests strange. The sim is still in alpha so things could change. Something is posted which includes a feature later removed. Questions follow and maybe some exasperated posts.

Microsoft have listened to what people want. Fine. But to be asked to provide a continuous stream of screenshots is not something they should do especially before the beta stage is reached. People can now give feedback on the snow video which is more valuable than more screenshots. That’s how I see it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Screen shots do not hurt. It's for folks who missed the Alpha anyway. Throw them a bone. In fact I made a number of Alpha videos too. I would post online, with an official approval from MS.

• Like 1

I agree.

MSFS/Asobo have been very transparent and open with us. Personally its fantastic to see the journey the have made from conception to release. I am still fascinated to how they took the original FSX code deciphered it then took the best bits and completely rewrote the rest after 25 years... what a story....

I love screenshots especially if they say we are going to address this or not etc etc. We are a niche community very open which they have been so I agree I do not see any harm in releasing more images.. Its been hard if you are not on the Alpha you are desperate for well any new place to see. I adore Google Maps so to see any city any place is a real bonus.