Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Happy New Year

It is well into the afternoon on New Years Day for me now and a perfect day with in-laws visiting and me hiding out in my den with Truck Simulator 😁

Enjoy your day as well all over the world 😎

• Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

Aha!  Another Truck Sim adherent comes out of the closet!  😀

I was positive I'd be bored silly with ATS/ETS when I first bought the base games for like $8 on sale a few years ago, but it's amazing how fast an afternoon/evening disappears while on the road in my virtual Kenworth with 70s rock streaming in the background.

Nappy Yew Hear!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I wish all our Flight Sim and Truck Sim aficionados A very safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR., 💥💥

• Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Yes I never thought I would put P3D on a back burner but ATS/ETS is a perfect substitute, road trips across the American Desert with classic rock playing on the radio and a 600 Horse Power Cummins is a lot of fun too 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

Y2pqPd.gif

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well. here we go for another orbit around the Sun. :cool: All the best!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Happy New Decade everyone! 

This will be a good one, the best yet!

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer :smile:

Stephen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/31/2019 at 8:38 PM, Matthew Kane said:

It is well into the afternoon on New Years Day for me now and a perfect day with in-laws visiting and me hiding out in my den with Truck Simulator 😁

Enjoy your day as well all over the world 😎

Really? OK Matthew, which truck sim should I look into? Tell me what to get and I will do so immediately. Not doing much flying anyway for a few more months as I am ah... hmm... waiting for an upcoming opportunity 🙂 Wherefore are thou 18 wheelers?

Kindest regards,

Stephen

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Really? OK Matthew, which truck sim should I look into?

The two are European Truck Simulator and American Truck Simulator. European came first and has a larger area to drive (Most of Europe), also more trucks available. American Truck Simulator came after and covers California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, New Mexico and now Utah. It has a few American style trucks to choose from.

For me I have both but spend more time in American Truck Simulator, reason for that is I like the US style trucks and scenery better, my preference is the Peterbilt with the Cummins engine. I also like trucking through the desert and the canyons etc. When I do drive the European one it has a lot more area to explore and I mostly drive the Volvo trucks. I think they are both selling for around $5 on Steam this week so I would just get both, and see which one you ended preferring. From there you can buy regional addons and truck or trailer addons. Compared to Flight Sim the price for addons don't cost much at all. They also have a Demo for the European Truck Sim so you could try that too before you buy

The other thing about it is it uses geographical compression, meaning they condense the distances between the cities, so you can drive from Los Angeles to Alberquerque, New Mexico in just under an hour instead of the 12 hours it would take in the real world. It is clever the way they made it work. I also see this as a great way to pass the time until Flight Sim 2020 comes out as I am no longer interested in buying addons for P3D anymore, this has worked out really well for me.

I highly recommend it as it has become my favourite time waster 😀

https://americantrucksimulator.com/
https://eurotrucksimulator2.com/

Or if you use steam it is 75% off right now:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/270880/American_Truck_Simulator/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2/

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

Thank you Matthew my friend.

I intend to follow your recommendations to the letter and acquire and try both. I will report back over the next week or two. Great stuff!

No more spending on old P3D stuff for me either, and eagerly looking forward to the new Flight Simulator, but meantime, and eventually along with, it's trucking time methinks!

Kindest regards, and best new years wishes for you and yours,

Stephen

• Like 1

Stephen, you will enjoy both I believe. I've had ETS2 for about five years and was privileged to be a beta tester for ATS during it's development. SCS even sent me a lovely t-shirt all the way from Prague! :biggrin:

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Finally got my ATS up and running again - the latest version kept crashing on me due to one of the mods not being compatible until I found the culprit and downloaded its updated version: The Mack Anthem is once again rolling coal (well, not so much coal, as the engine burns quite clean! :biggrin:). I hauled a 40 ton scraper from Roswell to Yakima. Apart from a bit of neck ache, the session was quite relaxing. Enjoy, SpiritFlyer!

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)