Sign in to follow this  
kenworth007

Chaseplane won't start

Hi

I also got the update BUT I still cant get it to work if I have no internet which is very important to me as my P3D computer is not normal connected to the internet.

I have emailed the developers but they have not yet responded.

Is there some special trick to get chaseplane to work with no internet connection?

All the documentation (which I checked before I bought it) say it only needs internet connection to activate, which is fine, I just cant have the PC permanently connected.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Best wishes

Bob

9 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Hi

I also got the update BUT I still cant get it to work if I have no internet which is very important to me as my P3D computer is not normal connected to the internet.

I have emailed the developers but they have not yet responded.

Is there some special trick to get chaseplane to work with no internet connection?

All the documentation (which I checked before I bought it) say it only needs internet connection to activate, which is fine, I just cant have the PC permanently connected.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Best wishes

Bob

ChasePlane requires internet connection for the cameras to work. If the documentation didn't state that then you should try asking for a refund. There isn't a workaround for no internet unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, HighFlier said:

ChasePlane requires internet connection for the cameras to work. If the documentation didn't state that then you should try asking for a refund. There isn't a workaround for no internet unfortunately.

Thanks High Flier

This is what the document "Manual" says

In the ChasePlane AppData folder  (%APPDATA%\OldProp Solutions inc\ChasePlane)
• x.x.x folder contains local information for aircraft, camera presets and other files required to run ChasePlane offline.

Also on other topics on this forum it mentions no internet will work after I think it was November 2017 and version 0.04

As its now January 2020 I assumed it had been implemented.

Perhaps I will have to get a refund which is a shame as I do like the features.

Thanks

Bob

52 minutes ago, HighFlier said:

where  did  you get  this  info  from,  chase  plane  does  work offline,  since I was  offline  all morning  and  had  no issues  with chase  plane

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

35 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Thanks High Flier

This is what the document "Manual" says

In the ChasePlane AppData folder  (%APPDATA%\OldProp Solutions inc\ChasePlane)
• x.x.x folder contains local information for aircraft, camera presets and other files required to run ChasePlane offline.

Also on other topics on this forum it mentions no internet will work after I think it was November 2017 and version 0.04

As its now January 2020 I assumed it had been implemented.

Perhaps I will have to get a refund which is a shame as I do like the features.

Thanks

Bob

chase  plane  does  work offline  since  I  had  no issues  this morning  when I was offline

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

21 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

chase  plane  does  work offline  since  I  had  no issues  this morning  when I was offline

Hi Pete

I hope you are correct and I can get it to work with no internet connection as I am liking ChasePlane a lot.

However when I try and run it with no internet I get a message saying "An error occurred when trying to get your ComputerID....."

I have submitted a support email but so far had no response, (Perhaps due to the festive season)

Anyway, I hope you are correct as my P3D computer is not normal connected to the internet.

Best wishes

Bob

Me also.  Must have been something related to authentication.  But Kevan was on the case quickly and seems to have fixed it.

6 minutes ago, ChuckOman said:

Me also.  Must have been something related to authentication.  But Kevan was on the case quickly and seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for the update

Hopefully he will be able to help me

I will try and post the error message I get

2 hours ago, rlaycock said:

Thanks for the update

Hopefully he will be able to help me

I will try and post the error message I get

kevan is most likely  on  a  break hope  he  cas  get  it  to work  for  you,  maybe  you need  a  internet to get  the  authorisation    than after  you  don't  need  to?

Peter kelberg

Hi

I can get it to work as long as I am connected, however my P3D computer in not usually connected to the internet.

Hopefully the support team (Kevan) will be able to help.

Best wishes

Bob

Hi,

same problem for me with version 1.0.44 under Win7 and P3D v4.5

However being connected to the internet doesnt solve it. Chase plane says authenticating, then checking for updates and then does not load. In the sim the camera views are not controllable.
Hopefully Kevin can fix this soon!

Thanks!

Best regards Andreas

A bit of chaos during my evening dinner with the family... Thanks to those who sent me a message about it, I escaped away for a few minutes to find the issue and push another build out! Haven't had a time to update everyone!

Sorry for the inconvenience and happy new year to you all!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

happy new year! For me it is still not working at this moment.Thanks for fixing it as soon as possible.

Best regards Andreas

22 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

Hi Keven,

happy new year! For me it is still not working at this moment.Thanks for fixing it as soon as possible.

Best regards Andreas

Try reinstalling it from VFXCentral. The update last night fixed what made it break

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi 

Mine still wont start without a internet connection I will also try a reinstall from VFX Central

Regards

Bob