Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Lorby Live Traffic weather problem

Installed your LiveTraffic app, and at FT's EHAM, all of a sudden the then clear visibility gave way to very dense fog and the wings constantly flexing. Added to that, it created the Runway Turn-Off light inoperable at 10000ft and then had a weather-related horn going off incessantly. Only way I could get rid of this annoying klaxon was to revert to the default sim weather.

Can you kindly shed any light?

25 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Installed your LiveTraffic app, and at FT's EHAM, all of a sudden the then clear visibility gave way to very dense fog and the wings constantly flexing. Added to that, it created the Runway Turn-Off light inoperable at 10000ft and then had a weather-related horn going off incessantly. Only way I could get rid of this annoying klaxon was to revert to the default sim weather.

Can you kindly shed any light?

Hi,

this question should better be asked in a thread about LLTX, this is the wrong place.  Split the topic into a new one.

Anyway, this cannot happen simply by installing the app. This sounds more like you tried to set the live weather from within LLTX? That is the only thing that I can imagine as a cause. LLTX does not change any settings, nor does it alter your sim in any way. It is a completely external application. 

All the weather results are what the simulator made of it - LLTX is just injecting the real-world METAR strings, it is not a weather engine. In your case I suppose that the wind speed or turbulence was too high, and the warning that you heard was there for that reason. What were the real world weather conditions at that location and altitude and what were the wind speed and turbulence in the sim? Maybe I can adjust this.

As a quick fix, turn off the automated 15-minute weather updates in LLTX, and your sim should be fine.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver. Thanks for the reply. I usually use MyTrafficX v6 for my Ai injection, so decided to give LLTX a try. Sorry if posted in wrong place.

I chose Connect, Open Sky Network and left it running as I do with your Flashlight. Did not alter anything. Sim went into a pause and re-loaded. That's when that dense fog came over at EHAM.

As I was climbing out of EHAM, the co-pilot kept of repeating something about 'lights' as part of her After Take-off Checklist. I tried switching off all the lights, but the one that refused to move at all was the Runway Turn Off Light switch.Had to Save the flight, and re-start with the sim weather. Only then I could get rid of that Lights and klaxon.

I usually use Active Sky, but never had such an issue before.

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

What were the real world weather conditions at that location and altitude and what were the wind speed and turbulence in the sim? Maybe I can adjust this.

I was climbing to 36k, but did not take a note of the other parameters, sorry.

Just doing the return leg and climbing to cruise level with not a hitch, without that LLTX.

11 minutes ago, vc10man said:

I chose Connect, Open Sky Network and left it running as I do with your Flashlight. Did not alter anything.

Please make sure that the checkboxes underneath "Set real weather" are not checked and don't press that button either.

I can't imagine how LLTX would be able to block a switch in your cockpit. To do something like that requires specific code, it doesn't happen by accident. What aircraft are you using? Sounds like an Aerosoft Bus?

Sim went into a pause and re-loaded.

This should only happen when either "Set real weather" or "Set real zulu time" are either pressed or the checkboxes underneath them are checked.
In normal operations LLTX does not cause a reload in the sim when you press "Connect".

Edit: and make sure that you select MyTraffic as Aircraft Model Database: "Configure->click on the first radio button labelled "My Traffic 6 professional"->Close"

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

9 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Sounds like an Aerosoft Bus?

Just unchecked, and yes, you are spot-on. It was in fact the new Aerosoft A330 Professional, which I had when I was at EHAM, finally configured how to use properly. Using it right now for the return leg.

I too think your Addon Organizer is priceless. Thanks to it have been able to add FSX-bought sceneries to P3Dv4.5.