Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

Is the GTN750 equipped in Falcon 50's in real life?

I was wondering if a Falcon 50 has ever been equipped with a GTN750 in the real world? It is nice to have in the sim but it looks like most Falcon 50's are equipped with a universal Collins FMS or something similar. 

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

4 hours ago, sho69607 said:

I was wondering if a Falcon 50 has ever been equipped with a GTN750 in the real world? It is nice to have in the sim but it looks like most Falcon 50's are equipped with a universal Collins FMS or something similar. 

Yes, there have been some RW Falcon 50s with dual GTN 750s although most are FMS equipped. FSW has some tentative long range plans to put a UNS-1 FMS into the Falcon 50, but first up for that mod is the Lear 35.

Al

799a69cf4f.JPG

Edited by ark

On 1/1/2020 at 9:58 PM, ark said:

Yes, there have been some RW Falcon 50s with dual GTN 750s although most are FMS equipped. FSW has some tentative long range plans to put a UNS-1 FMS into the Falcon 50, but first up for that mod is the Lear 35.

Al

799a69cf4f.JPG

Yeah I would like to see an FMS like what Milviz has put in their King Air. It is a really nice unit.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

2 hours ago, sho69607 said:

Yeah I would like to see an FMS like what Milviz has put in their King Air. It is a really nice unit.

I don't know what FMS is in the Milviz King Air, but the FMS for the Lear35 and the Falcon 50 will be the UNS-1, which is the unit in the RW Lear35 that Joe, FSW's technical advisor and Lear35 Capt, actually uses. At least that's the plan as I know it.

Al

Mil is has the full PL21 in their King Air. You could install this in the FA50 too and it did come from the factory in the 50EX. 

However, an older system like the Pro Line 4 or similar would be great for a jet like the Falcon. 

I think a UNS-1 would be fine, too.

If this is being added this to the Lear that's great, but I like the longer range the Falcon 50 offers and would like to see the UNS-1 in it as well, if it's not too difficult to add.   Then I could alternate...one flight using the UNS-1, another using the GTN.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

I think a UNS-1 would be fine, too.

If this is being added this to the Lear that's great, but I like the longer range the Falcon 50 offers and would like to see the UNS-1 in it as well, if it's not too difficult to add.   Then I could alternate...one flight using the UNS-1, another using the GTN.

The current plan as I understand it is to start with adding a UNS-1 to the Lear35, and if that goes well then to do the same with the Falcon50. My guess is FSW will want to finish the C414 before adding the UNS-1 into the Lear35 (will which require reworking the Lear's panel and center console), but time will tell.

Al