Sign in to follow this  
hvw

A FS2Crew newbie question

In the SOP2 tutorial it is mentioned that the pre-flight events are optional. (I solely so far am using button control). This makes me wonder with what FS2Crew checklist one should start when the 737 NGXu has been started in the default panel state where the engines are already running? Should I just run all checklists and skip those items that are already in an active state? Your ideas, hints, advices etc. are highly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

You can start with any checklist you like.

If the engines are already running, you may want to skip to the BEFORE TAXI CHECKLIST.

Or you may skip forward using the little arrows and start in TAKEOFF.

It's entirely up to you 🙂

Great! Thanks, Bryan. Just was wondering if any action that would have been  done by the FO in skipped checklists, wouldn't be in the way to do a good take-off. Is FS2Crew checking items that were skipped or just leave them be as is?

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Thanks again. I also just noticed that, although being called, the F/O doesn't set RTO or take-off trim. The settings in CFG are set correct correctly, though. What can I be doing wrong? (Sorry to be such a PITA 🙂 )

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

>>The FO sets RTO during the Pre-Flight events... so if you skip that part the FO won't set RTO.<<

No, he didn't. (And I didn't skip the Pre-flight events, as stated above and here again "I also just noticed that, although being called, the F/O doesn't set RTO or take-off trim" 🙂 )

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

There's a config option to have the FO not attempt to set the TO trim.

Should the FO attempt to set the TO trim, remember it's not an exact value because we can't read the actual TO trim value of the sim due to an SDK limit.

So we just guess what it would be.  

RTO... check again... he should set it.

The setting in CFG for TO trim is the correct one (checked that multiple times), but still the FO refuses to set the trim. Should I get another FO? 🙂  Trim stays at 4.0 where it should be at 5.36 (or rounded ro a nearby number). It's not all that much of a problem, but if I can be sure that he won't set it, I would set it of course by myself. 

Same goes for RTO, he just leaves autobrake at 0. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

>>Are you positive the after start flow was triggered?<< 100%.

No problem, though, I will set trim myself.

Re: autobrakes. The strange thing is, that after landing the FO resets autobrake to 0 where he indeed did set it to 2 as per Approach Brief at the top of descend. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

4 minutes ago, byork said:

Autobrakes will disarm when you tap the brakes or move the thrust levers forward.

Yes, but the FO set them correctly as per Approach Brief in the first place at TOD. Where he refused to set RTO before take-off. That's what I wanted to make clear 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Guess I must have skipped a step in the preflight events by hitting right click-down arrow in the main menu. When I left these alone and let the preflight events take its course, RTO was set correctly. Any idea where I might have gone wrong? I rather move fast forward through the preflight events than having to sit for a long time. (yes, as real as it gets...not. I know 😀).

Thanks for your help, Bryan.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe