Sign in to follow this  
likes2fly

discount on 650 and 750 coupon how to

When I try to use the 50% coupon on both units it wants a previous purchase order number. the instructions are to add the coupon before purchase. It doesn't even give the 35% off on the 650. I tried to email but the round thing just keeps turning. You guys really need a number to contact. I'm on the verge of saying screw it. The forums are no help unless I get a answer soon to this but I'm not sure how much longer the sale will last. 

Welcome to the forums.

The sale is good thru 31 January 2020.  Terms are the same... 30% off the first product (using the "New Year Sale Coupon") and then 50% off the second (using the "Bundle Product Coupon").  The purchase page (including coupon download links) is here

Can understand you are frustrated, but these products are worth the effort.  Hang in there and good luck.  Plenty of folks here who know what they're doing and are quick to help configuring the products (I'm new to the Reality XP GPS's myself).

Greg

• Like 1

thanks for your response but you didn't solve my problem. The link you added is the same one I'm using. I downloaded the e commerce installer, input my info and credit card info but when I try to use the discount/coupon it ask for order number and email address. I don't have a order number so I can't put one in. at the top it says (a previous purchase of a download product is required for the coupon to falidate. You will need to enter your original order number as well as the email address on your order. This order number was emailed to you after your purchase , and it is also available in the Proof of  purchase html file that was savced to your  ect)  The full price of the 650 is showing so there is no discount on it. these are your instructions for the 50% off. (

*Bundle Sale: 50% discount only for products in the same simulator collections: GTN 750+650 Fltsim, GTN 750+650 XPlane.

After downloading the e-commerce installer, select the 'Coupon' button on the payment screen and use the 'cpn' file located within the zip using the coupon download link above. If you have used the coupon correctly, the price will automatically After downloading the e-commerce installer, select the 'Coupon' button on the payment screen and use the 'cpn' file located within the zip using the coupon download link above. If you have used the coupon correctly, the price will automatically adjust before you click the purchase button.adjust before you click the purchase button.

the copy and paste of the instructions did not work so here they are.

budle sale; 50% discount only for products in the same simulator collections: GTN 750+650   This is what I want

after downloading the e-commerce installer, select the  coupon button on the payment screen and use the (cpn) file located within the zip using coupon download link above. If you have used the coupon correctly, the price will automatically adjust before you click the purchase button. 

I can't get past the coupon part because I don't have a purchase order.

Please help I want the 650 and 750  . My gtn 650 realsimgear will be here in about an hour.

I don't buy payware products but by your description it sounds like you were not successful with the first required purchase and getting the 35% discount thus preventing the second purchase giving a 50% discount.

"With the product you are purchasing and the product you already own,
find the applicable coupon file to use with the e-commerce installer:"

This was from the README file in the second download.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

ok that was the problem. I had to purchase at 35% off then come back and do all again with the 50% . thank you very much

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 2:40 PM, likes2fly said:

I can't get past the coupon part because I don't have a purchase order.

This may be the problem.  Do you own any f1 products?  Reason I ask is that I just tried to buy the GNS 530 and had no problem at all.  Notice the 30% discount showing after I clicked on the coupon that I downloaded to my computer:

Cq1xrjD.png

That section #2, "Your Information"...  I've crossed that out because as soon as that page loaded Section #2 showed my name.  After this page loaded what happened after you completed Sections #2 and #3?  Did the coupon code work then?  After completing #2 and #3 did the installer still want a purchase order number?

Greg

Edited by RXP

ok the 650 went through fine but now I'm having trouble with the 750 . It goes throght with the coupon and shows the 50% discount but during credit card transation it says you order could not be approved because of the following reason/ coupon invalid or expired coupon submintted. It would only let me use one of the coupons for the 650 and 750 so I'm using the right one and it shows the 50% discount when I'm ready to check out.

18 minutes ago, likes2fly said:

ok the 650 went through fine but now I'm having trouble with the 750 .

Jean-Luc will be along to make sure you get the 50% discount for the second GTN.

Greg

What they don't tell you is that you have to buy the first one using the first coupon which is good until Jan 31,2020, but the offer to buy the second one expired Dec 31, 2019 so you will have to buy it for full price.  The information on the second offer is buried in a text file that you find when you unzip the bundle coupon zipped file.  I didn't see it until I had already bought the first one the 750 and when  I tried to buy the second one the 650 for half off using the coupon was told by the system the coupon I was attempting to use was expired. That is what made me go looking for further information.   The problem I have with this is that it is clearly on the website that the first coupon for get the first system for $34.97 states it expires on January 31, 2020, so thought the other one would be the same, but unhappily found that not the be true.  What makes me upset is that it seems as though they hid that information with in the zipped file, instead of clearly stating it on the website, like they did the first one!!!!!!!!! 

Here is the information they have posted on their site for the X-Plane version  http://reality-xp.com/

*For Home-Personal Use Only - Any other use is prohibited - Prices in USD.

*New Year Sale: 30% discount on all editions of Reality XP GTN Touch. Offer valid until Jan 31, 2020

*Bundle Sale: 50% discount only for products in the same simulator collections: GTN 750+650 Fltsim, GTN 750+650 XPlane.

After downloading the e-commerce installer, select the 'Coupon' button on the payment screen and use the 'cpn' file located within the zip using the coupon download link above. If you have used the coupon correctly, the price will automatically adjust before you click the purchase button.

Requires the free Garmin GTN Trainer (v6.62, v6.50.1 or v6.21). Instructions and download link provided during installation.
Garmin GTN Trainer requires Windows 7 minimum (v6.21 Vista minimum)

FltSim version compatible with P3D4, P3D3, P3D2, P3D1, FSX-SE, FSX-ACC/SP2, FS9-SP1.

XPlane version compatible with XP11, XP10(64/32), XP9.

Contact us for Professional, Education or other licensing options

This what I attempted to use for my second purchase:

Customers of RealityXP Garmin GTN 650 (XPlane) [RXP-GTN650-X9]
  Coupon File: rxp-add-750-to-650-xplane.cpn

Later, found this information inside the text file of the zip file:

(*) Offer valid for the product codes listed above until Dec 31st, 2019

On another note you can't update the database on the GTN unless you buy the update from Garmin as it is the same for flight simmers and real flights, I didn't find that out until I have already bought the pair 750/650 for my C208B.  Some have suggested that if you know someone that has a real plane with this system that you might be able to get their older DATABASE when they up date their systems, but seems unlikely or not realistic approach.

I will say this, after this experience I will have to say BUYER's BEWARE!!!!!!! 

I personally don't understand why the Bundle Coupon Expiration Information was purposely hidden, when it should have been posted to the website main page, just as the first coupon Expiration date was.

This was my experience dealing with Reality XP, maybe yours will be different!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jamesh248
Correct Spelling Error

On 1/4/2020 at 7:25 AM, Jamesh248 said:

personally don't understand why the Bundle Coupon Expiration Information was purposely hidden, when it should have been posted to the website main page, just as the first coupon Expiration date was.

Hi,

Please don't worry nor speculate about any hidden agenda, it is way more simpler than this: we've just forgotten to extend the validity of the 2nd product discount coupon over the holiday season.

I'm updating the coupon and the information right away. Thank you for the notice and reminder!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Great you updated, but I still had to pay full price because of you forgot to update the expiration date.

Are you going to refund me the difference between full price and the discounted price on the bundle that I could not use????

Kenneth J Hissong