Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

C441 liveries?

Hi all,

I would like to ask, is there any C441 liveries available to download except the one that the plane comes with? I searched in avsim library but couldn't find any..

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I'd imagine there will be some when the 441 gets its cosmetic makeover a la Learjet and Falcon.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:25 PM, rightseat said:

I'd imagine there will be some when the 441 gets its cosmetic makeover a la Learjet and Falcon.

I'm not aware of any plans for this at this time, although as they say, anything is possible. 

I do recall Wickedbacon has said he would like to make some texture upgrades to the MU-2 should time permit, but he has been quite busy lately.

Al

I'm just speculating based on the excitement the other two makeovers got and plans to do the Mu in the future. It makes sense. The textures were the main reason many people claimed they stayed away from FSW. It's actually why I haven't bought the 441 yet..., even though I own the Lear, Falcon, and my beloved Moo. I'd be interesting to see how well FSW sales did on the Lear after WB redid the textures to bring it up to it's amazing level. 

1 hour ago, rightseat said:

I'm just speculating based on the excitement the other two makeovers got and plans to do the Mu in the future. It makes sense. The textures were the main reason many people claimed they stayed away from FSW. It's actually why I haven't bought the 441 yet..., even though I own the Lear, Falcon, and my beloved Moo. I'd be interesting to see how well FSW sales did on the Lear after WB redid the textures to bring it up to it's amazing level. 

I'm sure FSW would agree with you that good textures are very important and improve sales. Which is why the C414 textures will be done by a professional texture company. IMO, with so many new projects in the works (C414, and UNS-1 FMSs for the Lear35 and hopefully the Falcon50) it can be tough for a tiny company to justify the time or expense to 'go back' to much older projects. Everything is a trade-off and a judgement has to be made regarding the relative benefits, I guess.

Al

Edited by ark

9 hours ago, ark said:

I'm sure FSW would agree with you that good textures are very important and improve sales. Which is why the C414 textures will be done by a professional texture company. IMO, with so many new projects in the works (C414, and UNS-1 FMSs for the Lear35 and hopefully the Falcon50) it can be tough for a tiny company to justify the time or expense to 'go back' to much older projects. Everything is a trade-off and a judgement has to be made regarding the relative benefits, I guess.

Al

On the other hand FSW has so far 4 aircraft that the majority of the simmers are excited. The Lear35, the Falcon50 the C441 and the MU. That's my personal impression, but I feel that these four aircraft is what most people would buy or at least buy first rather than anything previous on their list. So in that respect, I think that remaking 2 instead of 1 "old" models is not too much to ask.For many the C441 was the first aircraft that showcased the capabilities of FSW.

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

Wickedbacon92 was the forum member who re-textured the Lear 35.  I queried regarding the re-texturing of the C441 and C402 and was told that it would not be anytime soon.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:49 PM, ComSimPilot said:

On the other hand FSW has so far 4 aircraft that the majority of the simmers are excited. The Lear35, the Falcon50 the C441 and the MU. That's my personal impression, but I feel that these four aircraft is what most people would buy or at least buy first rather than anything previous on their list. So in that respect, I think that remaking 2 instead of 1 "old" models is not too much to ask.For many the C441 was the first aircraft that showcased the capabilities of FSW.

To add my two cents, it's not that it's necessarily too much too ask, but it's important to remember the exorbitant amount of work that goes into something as "simple" as a texture revamp on an older product. For one, they were made using Gmax, which FSW has exclusively discontinued using, in favor of 3DSMax. This means that any remapping needed would have to be done in Gmax, where everything takes 10 times as long as it should. It would be extremely time consuming to bring these models into the new software. I've discussed it with Mark, but for starters, every animation needs to be redone from scratch. That alone is weeks worth of work.

Keep in mind also, the Lear 35's refresh by Wickedbacon took every bit of three months, and he was working darn close to 12 hour days, sometimes more. If I had to guess, he took maybe 10 days off over the course of those 90 days.

So what we're talking about is months worth of work by Wickedbacon, and a significant amount of work away from new projects by Mark to adjust mappings. Working a reasonable number of hours, refreshing the MU-2, the 441, and the 402 is a solid year of work for Wicked. I'd love to see the textures on these older products brought up to date just as much as you, and we may still see that happen.

But it's an enormous undertaking. 

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Hello Joe and thank you very much for commenting about this. I understand perfectly your point and that its a lot of work to remake a model. Just an idea..maybe if you could charge for an upgrade price you could see also more motivation in doing this, I am sure all of the current C441 owners will purchase and much more people who hesitate to buy currently because of the visuals will purchase too. Wickedbacon is for sure a talented designer and he would so such an amazing job I'm sure. At least we can still hope.

I dunno, we flight simmers tend to be a frugal bunch who grouse about paying for updates to currently owned software.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

To chime in here,

I can tell you directly from me, that I will not be updating any other FSW aircraft besides the MU.
I can't focus the amount of time I had on the other two projects. Of which 70% of the time was based coordinating mapping changes, material changes, etc, etc.
The MU alone will be a massive undertaking, of which we have not even started yet (besides re-bumping the exterior slightly.)

I can't give a timeline on the MU either, as I am just about to finish a texture contract for an upcoming aircraft for P3D, as well as having another lined up from this company.
I also have my own products to worry about.

At the end of the day I love doing these revamps for free, but I can't spend the amount of time I had in the past without solid income. Hence why i've been doing these contract texture jobs.
I did/do accept donations, and thank you to everyone who has donated to me for the work on the Lear and Falcon (Which I do want to revamp with certain techniques i've adapted at some point)

Once i'm finished with this project, i'll post some shots of just how much I can actually do.

Rest assured, it may be a long while, but the MU will eventually get done. But that will be it for the Flysimware current lineup.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns

WB92, thanks for the update and completely understand, and thank you for all that you have already done.  

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

Wickedbacon92, thank you again for your masterful work re-texturing the Lear 35.

• Like 1

Wow !

Great work and great new ! I was wondering if this "iconic aircraft" would ever be delivered...

Gérard