Sign in to follow this  
vhgjg

Aerosoft A330-Comments and User Experiences

Great looking machine, poor support, their standard response in their support forum when it gets too hard to resolve is "unable to replicate issue...  TOPIC CLOSED"!

It is certainly not at the "Professional" stage just yet.

Issues include:

Using the checklist without the Co Pilot function enabled.  Some items can be set pre checklist commencement, and other items need to be turned on at the time the checklist calls out that particular item.  But this is not explained in the manuals that come with the product.  You will need to learn this by trial and error, and don't expect any Support from Aerosoft regarding this issue.

Erratic behaviour of the aircraft, particularly on descent.

Fuel planning calculations are all messed up, using SIMBRIEF works quiet accurately though.

During flight, the MCDU Estimated Fuel On Board is not correct, and is miscalculated by thousands of kgs.

EFB is useless (my preference is to use my iPad outside of the simulator for Navigraph Charts and Aircraft Manuals etc, saves panning around the screen), has also been causing CTD for some, but again, this is the users fault not Aerosoft's.

Setting the Trim Wheel for take off configuration takes forever to turn, especially now the default trim is set to UP4.0

Checklist gets stuck for some users.

The Checklist is extremely slow compared to the A320/A321 Professional, now this is a 99.9% perfect product.

When turning around the aircraft and using it for a second leg, some functions are a bit dodgy, particularly the Auto Brakes, even though they are set, they do not engage on touchdown.

These are some of my issues that I have experienced, and feel it is appropriate to share with the flight sim community.

I'm sure there are many other issues and please feel free to post them here so that those who are planning to purchase this product, can feel free to wait until Aerosoft get it right.  It's NOT a "Professional" product.

Regards

Edited by vhgjg

Yeah that company has really gone down hill over the past 5 years or so, I won't purchase planes from them, scenery...maybe, but that's a different thing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Before we get started here, this thread is for comments on the add-on, not a "who shot Willie" about anyone's butthurt about something said in the Aerosoft forums.  As the bartender says--take that outside.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Agree with the above issues.. still managing to enjoy it.

Hopefully new fixes will continue to come out - currently 1.005 is latest that I am are of ...

Fingers crossed they reconsider the other engine types and the -200, a complete series like their A32x products.

• Like 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

The plane works nicely on my system. I use the checklist feature without copilot and have not a lot of problems with it. It is not perfect, but good enough to get through a flight. I you need better, you can get the FS2Crew addon. For any other plane other than the Aerosoft buses, you have to do that anyway if you want to have a checklist/copilot like that. 

I found the Simbrief fuel calculations to be way too large. The fuel calculator coming with the plane is basic but gives proper numbers for me. It just doesn't automatically add any reserve / ETOPS etc fuel.

Agreed on the MCDU fuel estimate.

As for the EFB, I don't use it either and even find it a bit disturbing since it covers the tiller from the captains view point. However, Aerosoft already announced they will add an off-switch, so just give it a bit of time.

Peter

• Like 1

Well "vhgjg".. you are trying again after your first rant got deleted by the mods ?

Aerosoft delivered 6 hotfixes since the release on dec09.. you call this poor support ? You are not realistic..

I have the plane and I am very happy with it. There is room for improvement but that goes for many aircraft but I can honestly recommend this plane.

Compare prices between the AS 330 and e.g. FSL and PMDG... the AS330 gives excellent value for the money you spent, actually it  is a bargain for what you get..

I really wonder why you hold such a grudge against Aerosoft..

b rgds / Dick

Edited by dick
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ray hughes said:

Hopefully new fixes will continue to come out - currently 1.005 is latest that I am are of ...

the next one is out already:

1.0.0.6 Experimental
Improvement: Several changes to checklists and semi-intelligent co-pilot.

1 hour ago, dick said:

the next one is out already:

1.0.0.6 Experimental
Improvement: Several changes to checklists and semi-intelligent co-pilot.

How does one get those Hotfixes as I tried in their  Datenbank Support and it came up with something in German? Is there a link to it, please?

Hi Rick,

Just run AS updater and make sure you tick the config option for betas.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

In my case the install of the Bus also installed the Aerosoft updater. Run the updater, tick that you also want experimental updates and select the bus to be updated. 

Very convenient.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Hi Rick,

Just run AS updater and make sure you tick the config option for betas.

Thanks for that heads-up.

1 hour ago, dick said:

In my case the install of the Bus also installed the Aerosoft updater. Run the updater, tick that you also want experimental updates and select the bus to be updated. 

Very convenient.

Likewise. Will do tonight.

Slowly but surely after figuring out for myself sans any support the sequence how the Checklists work, but last night I had a weird behaviour as first all of a sudden it started climbing when it was already at Cruise at 40k, then had to kill the throttle just to get her coming down and just kept on descending out of control, eventually resulting in a CTD.Then could not even enter a new route manually via waypoints.

Before you run ANY updates make sure to copy the [fltsim.XX] entries ( NOT the entire .cfg) from your aircraft.cfg . This will mean that by cutting and pasting the fltsim entries ( after you have updated ) you will not have to re-install your third party liveries .

Have no idea if the Livery Manager has been updated to include the A330 yet but until then it will save you a lot of work in the future . Don't forget to make a fresh copy after installing any new liveries .

John

I love this A330 very much so far. On my system it is very stable. Have done a number of longer flights, e.g. KBOS - EHAM (both Flytampa). I don't use the EFB much either, but to be honest, I haven't really looked at it yet.

My big concern is that the A330 doesn't seem to be able to resume a saved flight. When I asked for support, I was told off because I hadn't updated my P3dv3 to hotfix 2. That's very stupid, I admit, but I had really thought that I had an updated version already since I had only upgraded to 4.5 in September. Well, instead of supporting me, Otto just closed the topic and he wrote "why don't you guys read the manuals" or similar. Well, my problems haven't been resolved yet, and frankly, I am hesitant to ask again.

Therefore my question to you: Can you resume a flight? Save the flight in the middle of your cruise or on approach, exit P3dv4, start it up again later and continue?

My specs: Intel i7-8080 anniversary oc'd at 5ghz. Nvidia 1080; Orbx global, vector; Active Sky for P3dv4; lots of sceneries; UT2. FSlabs (319-21), PMDG (737-777), Flythemaddog, TFDI, etc.

With all the mentioned add-ons I can usually fly without issues, and certainly also resume a flight.

Thank you for your information.

Christoph

25 minutes ago, Christoph4445 said:

Can you resume a flight? Save the flight in the middle of your cruise or on approach, exit P3dv4, start it up again later and continue?

Yes, you can, as I like you also use FT's fine airports. I was flying into EHAM Rwy 18L approach but the MCDU altitude was a tad too high, and instead of a smooth touchdown I had the aircraft go on repeated hop, skip, jumps, and the throttle would not respond to even a total shutdown, just kept on bunny-jumping. In the end, I ended the scenario and reverted back to a Saved Flight on the STAR section, and this time all went progressively well, including the Checklists call out for Approach, etc, etc.

Only wonder is there an Option for a flight to terminate before it automatically resumes preparing for a quick turn-around?