Sign in to follow this  
Ed Koorevaar

Training session Freezes

Hi there

I am new with VOXATC. Just bought a license, but I face some problems. I want to do the training session. When I let the program creating the session, it stops and does not resume the session built. I waited for almost 30minutes. Please have a look at the image.

Any Idea why it stops and how to solve it?

Thanks and regards

Ed Koorevaar

creating.JPG

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,
Ed Koorevaar

4 hours ago, cuevision said:

Hi there

I am new with VOXATC. Just bought a license, but I face some problems. I want to do the training session. When I let the program creating the session, it stops and does not resume the session built. I waited for almost 30minutes. Please have a look at the image.

Any Idea why it stops and how to solve it?

Thanks and regards

Ed Koorevaar

creating.JPG

Which sim and Windows versions are you running?

The first thing to try is to run both the VOXATC trainer apps as Administrator, as they may not have the proper permissions by default. FlightPlanTrainer.exe takes input from the user about the aircraft, registration number and flightplan and automatically runs VATrainer.exe which sends a text file of ATC dialog to the Windows built-in speech recognition trainer.

The next thing to try is to rerun the VOXATC Indexer and the VOXATC panel utility. This will assure that you have a complete list of all installed aircraft that can be used with VOXATC.

Both Pilot2ATC and VOXATC use the speech recognition trainer utility built into Windows itself. Unbeknownst to developers and end users, during one of the 2019 updates to Windows 10, MS reduced the number of lines allowed in the trainer utility. VOXATC uses several XML files in its main folder to construct a text file of ATC sentences to pass along to the Windows speech recognition utility. Sometimes, a combination of aircraft type, registration number and flightplan will generate too many lines in the text file and lock up the Windows trainer. Here's some things you can try to troubleshoot the issue. First see if the "General Training" button works in the VOXATC Flightplan Trainer. If even that doesn't work, you may have either a corrupt install of VOXATC or worse, something wrong with Windows speech recognition. If that works, try training with one of the simple VFR flightplans included with VOXATC and a default sim aircraft.

VOXATC can create either of two text training files. General training creates generaltraining,txt  in the main VOXATC folder:

<Drive>:\Program Files\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4

Training with a specific flightplan creates flightspeechtxt in this folder;

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4

You can check if these files are being created. If the latter text file is created but the training session locks up, you can check to see how many lines are in the file and delete a few at the end. If you only run VATrainer.exe it will find whichever of these files exist, so it is possible to forego the first step of running FlightPlanTrainer.exe. It is also possible to edit either intermediate text file to suit your own preferences and then run VATrainer.exe.

If all this seems too complicated, check back and ask more questions.

• Like 1

Hi again and thank you very much for your complete reply

I have been working around for many hours now with VOXATC. I followed your clear lines exactly. I have not succeeded. A great pitty.

I have decide to stop using VOXATC. I am looking for a program that can be configured easily. I had at the end three errors and freezing programs. I get even worse. I had to reinstall P3D ver4.5 because it no longer respond.

For now all goods and best regards,

Ed

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,
Ed Koorevaar