Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

SimMarket servers slow

Just purchased ENVTEX and trying to download my product files. They have three servers, one showing 30% load the other two 10%.  Downloads start at 6% downloaded, stops then the time starts ticking up to 1234 hours. Cancelled and retried on all servers. Been at this for two hours. Had the same problem a couple days ago redownloading a product. Shame for customers having to go through such frustration trying to obtain the product after sending these people their money. Been a customer for years and seems this has gotten worse.

Vic green

15 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Just purchased ENVTEX and trying to download my product files. They have three servers, one showing 30% load the other two 10%.  Downloads start at 6% downloaded, stops then the time starts ticking up to 1234 hours. Cancelled and retried on all servers. Been at this for two hours. Had the same problem a couple days ago redownloading a product. Shame for customers having to go through such frustration trying to obtain the product after sending these people their money. Been a customer for years and seems this has gotten worse.

Contact the original developer, they will give you the product faster.

This is why it is better sometimes to buy directly..

Regards,

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

Contact the original developer, they will give you the product faster.

This is why it is better sometimes to buy directly..

Regards,

Simbol 

I agree whole heartedly. You also get updates quicker but in this case TOGA Projects sends you to SimMarket when you hit the buy button. I've been generaly pleased with SM over the years but this is most frustrating. Oh well, it seems to be moving now. Maybe they saw my ticket. 

Thanks Simbol.

• Like 1

Vic green

When that happens to me I cancel and use another server until the download is Ok. Never really a problem!.

Even if SimMarket is not 100% perfect, I use them very often since their product offering is so wide that you can find almost everything you're looking for in a single place, and sometimes buying in the vendor's site is frustrating (slowness, restrictive sales policies, etc.).

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

32 minutes ago, edpatino said:

When that happens to me I cancel and use another server until the download is Ok. Never really a problem!.

Tried that several times. So far no joy. Just unacceptably frustrating. 

Vic green

2 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Tried that several times. So far no joy. Just unacceptably frustrating. 

Tried one of my downloads from my purchase history and all is normal with them here (East Coast, USA).

Probably a maintenance issue. I can understand can be frustrating.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

57 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Tried one of my downloads from my purchase history and all is normal with them here (East Coast, USA).

Probably a maintenance issue. I can understand can be frustrating.

Cheers, Ed

Finally got it all after a wasted afternoon. Oh well.

Vic green

16 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Finally got it all after a wasted afternoon. Oh well.

I know it is frustrating, but it's better than it used to be.  I had a 2400 baud modem to download things.  Now you want to talk about SLOOOW.  I would start the download, then go get lunch, come back and it would be at 44%.  When I finally got a 14.4 I was so happy.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 minutes ago, Mace said:

I had a 2400 baud modem to download things.  Now you want to talk about SLOOOW.  I would start the download, then go get lunch, come back and it would be at 44%.  When I finally got a 14.4 I was so happy.

Heh, those were the days...

Started with a 14.4 myself, then 28K, then 56k, then ADSL, then ADSL2, then cable.

Shifted house and had to go back from cable to ADSL2 due to all that was available at the new location.

Was getting ~ 3.5 Mbps down and 1.9 up.

Fortunately (and just yesterday) I connected to the NBN (National Broadband Network in Australia), it's only fibre to the curb but still quite good @ 47.7 down and 18.9 up with a 4 ms ping.

I heard of many people having issues with the NBN, fortunatelly the supplied modem has a fallback sim card to the mobile phone network, not anywhere as fast but much better than the ADSL2.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Simmarket is now the pits. I will not buy anything through them any longer.

If I can even get a file to finish download, the fastest I can get is about 40 kB/s which is about the speeds I was used to over 20 years ago.

On a 200 mbit connection here.

Edited by JasonPC

I have Prealsoft Dublin City downloading now and it's going pretty fast without any problems at all. Over 800mb and it's almost done already....no, my mistake, it's finished.

Ok, well here goes Casablanca Complete 689MB...It's done.  Three minutes and forty seconds.  That's not bad at all.

There's nothing wrong with their servers.  Check your internet speed.

SimMarket is where I like to buy just about everything for my flight sim.  All of my purchased products are available in one place and they always treat me good when I contact them for support. I love their search function in my account, which I always use to find my products and downloads.  I can still download stuff that I purchased back in 2006 or 7.

I don't know of anyone else that has that search function like SimMarket. Not even Aerosoft, although I have purchased a lot from them too. It just takes longer to find my stuff.

There are developers who have actually gone out of business, but I can still access my downloads purchased from them  on SimMarket long after they went Tango-Uniform with no more website available. I don't guess that if I bought it directly from them, my download would be available.

No, I appreciate SimMarket very much. 

Also, SimMarket is the ONLY ones that will email a notice to me every time anything that I buy from them is updated.  

If I buy from Aerosoft, Carenado, A2A, PMDG, JustFlight, PCAviator Flightsim.com store, Captainsim or anyone else, I don't get a whisper when a product is updates. I have to find out through a forum or blog.  

I keep backups of everything that I purchase for flight simulator, but I really appreciate having my purchases always available at SimMarket.

I love that store 💖

Bob

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

I keep backups of everything that I purchase for flight simulator, but I really appreciate having my purchases always available at SimMarket.

I love that store 💖

Could not agree more

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

I never had such issues with SimMarket, always have full speed downloads. But i had such speed issues at PMDG three days ago. Bought the 737 NGXu and could not download it for two days. That‘s frustrating.

• Like 1

Regards, Andy

System: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 16GB RAM, Full SSD, Prepar3D v4.5 HF3 @ 1920x1080

Never had any issues with Simmarket. Just because a few had a slow DL experience at a specific time does not say that it is always like that as the topic title suggests.

Just tested it myself and reDL a scenery a no issues like always .

Imho your  topic title is not correct 🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 hours ago, GSalden said:

Imho your  topic title is not correct 

And misspelled. It hurts my eyes every time I scroll by. 😆

Seriously though, I've had great experiences with Simmarket and agree with all the positives above. Notifications of updates, solid search capabilities, regular sales, etc. I do try to buy direct when it is financially beneficial, but I also worry about the long term ability to redownload direct from vendors. Something I've always been able to do from Simmarket.

• Like 2

- Aaron