Sign in to follow this  
Jim_mids

Best virtual cabin?

Quick question , which add on do you think has the most realistic virtual cabin? I know there's some people that would say it doesn't matter and all that matters is row zero … but some of us like the immersion and the ability to have a walk around in VR!

Any thoughts? 

Jim 

Depends on what you mean with "realistic". Presence of passengers and cabin crew during flight? I am not aware of any addon that does that. Ability to operate the coffee machine or testing exit signs? Nothing comes to mind. In fact, many of the high-level developers (PMDG, Majestic, A2A, Aerosoft, FSL, ..) keep the cabin as sparse as possible to improve frame rates of their otherwise very complex simulations.

There are a few developers who make an effort to include a nice cabin. For larger jets, I would look at Captainsim. Their older planes for FSX (B707, B727) even have the washrooms modeled.  The situation is better when you go for smaller airplanes (regional turboprops or large GA airplanes). Carenado has many airplanes with beautiful cabins where you can operate tables and lights, but their modeling of aircraft systems is not at the same level as the developers mentioned above. However, the recently released Kingair 350i by Milviz has both: a beautiful cabin for up to 9 passengers and in-depth system modeling. 

Peter

• Upvote 1