Sign in to follow this  
AxeBoy

SWS T-37B

Thanks for the input guys. It seems to be a fun aircraft to fly and good for short hops, which is all I have time for. I will give it a try when the next paycheck arrives.

Edited by AxeBoy

I love school airplanes (Milviz T38-A/C), I'm more and more interested in this aircraft...I didn't know this developer. I'll probably be diving soon...😎

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

5 hours ago, jon b said:

It's quite a unique experience, it seems to be an aircraft full of contradictions , it's slow yet fast, it's stable yet aerobatic.

I found this to be true.  I was able to "hang" inverted and it flew with very little inputs that way.   I can only assume that's how it was, I've read these were stable flying airplanes.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

8 minutes ago, Mace said:

I found this to be true.  I was able to "hang" inverted and it flew with very little inputs that way.   I can only assume that's how it was, I've read these were stable flying airplanes.

Just sat looking at the aircraft from above, it's got a really large straight edged wing, it almost reminds me of a PA28 in it's wing design so it just looks like it flies.

It's deceptive with the large canopy it seems like you're just hanging in the sky at 250kts and yet it'll happily enter a loop at that speed

1 hour ago, DrumsArt said:

I love school airplanes (Milviz T38-A/C), I'm more and more interested in this aircraft...I didn't know this developer. I'll probably be diving soon...😎

Richard.

I've actually  been flying the new T37 back to back with the Milviz T38A all afternoon low level around Scotland (Orbx true earth) After the frantic T38A the T37 feels like you're relaxing with a cigar in a comfortable leather armchair , it's most pleasant ! 

I think you'd enjoy the T37, it's maybe not as an exciting aircraft as the T38 but it's certainly got better manners and is a joy to fly an approach and land without all that rumbling and threatening to fall out of the sky all the time that you get in the T38.

The more time I'm spending with the T37 the more I'm enjoying it, I particularly  like the real rotating beacons, nice touch.

• Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I'm afraid it will be without me. After registering, at the time of payment, I have no other choice than Paypal while their site mentions among other things Visa card.

Are there other shops that sell it?

It is also mentioned in the FAQ that it is possible to buy as a guest (maybe there I will have other choices than Paypal). In fact it seems that this choice is not available either.

I wrote to them, I'm waiting for their answer.

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

12 hours ago, jon b said:

I've just had a quick hour messing about with this fine little jet.

It's quite a unique experience, it seems to be an aircraft full of contradictions , it's slow yet fast, it's stable yet aerobatic.

It certainly flies nicely and is great in VR with it's large canopy offering great visibility. Circuits and landings are nice with the model being very stable on approach, but the authentically modeled slow spool up time of the vintage turbojets is something to be careful of.

My experience with stalls and spins , interestingly seems to be the opposite of Keith's, setting up for a clean 1G stall I find the aircraft starts side slipping approaching the stall and requires a large boot of rudder and a firm pitch down to recover before the actual stall, otherwise the aircraft quickly enters a spin. 

Allowing the aircraft to enter a full stall I've found all hell breaks loose, on one occasion an inverted spin, which took about 6,000ft to escape from.

In summary if you're looking to buy, it's a lovely  vintage jet, great to fly, well modeled, and fantastic in VR. It's well worth the entry price in my opinion.

Jon

Jon,
I'm glad to know you are having success with the sim. And excited to hear how well VR works for you. I can honestly say scanning the instrument panel on a single monitor does not do justice for what it was like flying these jets in real life unless you want to simulate flying under the hood as we did for instrument approaches and point-to-point navigation. 

Keith Guillory

I'm afraid it will be without me. After registering, at the time of payment, I have no other choice than Paypal while their site mentions among other things Visa card.

Are there other shops that sell it?

It is also mentioned in the FAQ that it is possible to buy as a guest (maybe there I will have other choices than Paypal). In fact it seems that this choice is not available either.

I wrote to them, I'm waiting for their answer.

Richard

PayPal takes VISA. Just check out with PP and you'll get an opportunity to use your CC.

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

5 minutes ago, odourboy said:

PayPal takes VISA. Just check out with PP and you'll get an opportunity to use your CC.

Thank you,  I knew it ...The problem is I am obliged to validate, by opening a Paypal account.

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

Ah... I came across that once also. I guess I won't be buying this either as I have no interest in opening a PP account. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

5 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Thank you,  I knew it ...The problem is I am obliged to validate, by opening a Paypal account.

Richard.

Hi Richard, I had similar concerns as I’ve had problems with PayPal in the past so I no longer have an account.

So I too almost didn’t buy it, but somewhere on there there is an option to buy using a card without a Paypal account, it’s deliberately written in a smaller font under the main pay with PayPal banner. 

I cant remember exactly where and i didn’t notice it at first but it is there I can promise you, as I’ve bought the product successfully with no Paypal account or needing to open an account.

i hope you get sorted.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

6 hours ago, flyerkg said:

Jon,
I'm glad to know you are having success with the sim. And excited to hear how well VR works for you. I can honestly say scanning the instrument panel on a single monitor does not do justice for what it was like flying these jets in real life unless you want to simulate flying under the hood as we did for instrument approaches and point-to-point navigation. 

Hi Keith,

Are you using VR? I can highly recommend it if not and you get the chance, it’s just like sat in the real aircraft.

It must have been great to have flown the T37 in real life   I suspect you’ve flown other interesting types as well? That’s the magic of flightsim isn’t it ,reviving the memories of types you used to fly and the places you used to fly it really takes you back , much better than looking at a photo ever can. I was never in the military so never got the throw small jets around which is why I enjoy it in the simulator, my back catalogue of real world types is slightly less exotic! 

Jon

787 captain.  

6 hours ago, jon b said:

Hi Richard, I had similar concerns as I’ve had problems with PayPal in the past so I no longer have an account.

So I too almost didn’t buy it, but somewhere on there there is an option to buy using a card without a Paypal account, it’s deliberately written in a smaller font under the main pay with PayPal banner. 

I cant remember exactly where and i didn’t notice it at first but it is there I can promise you, as I’ve bought the product successfully with no Paypal account or needing to open an account.

i hope you get sorted.

Hi Jon, thank you. I've checked, I can't find any link/option under the main pay with PayPal banner...Maybe it's a question of countries (France).

Anyway, I'm waiting for their answer.

Richard.

Richard Portier

Hi Jon, thank you. I've checked, I can't find any link/option under the main pay with PayPal banner...Maybe it's a question of countries (France).

Anyway, I'm waiting for their answer.

Richard.

I've just had another look at it. I was required to set up an account, but that was for  a simworks account not paypal, I went through the following steps then to purchase...………… 

Once logged into the simworks account I added the jet to my basket, then from the shopping cart page I hit " proceed to checkout" which takes you to the review and pay page. From there I hit "continue to paypal" , that opens another window where you can either enter the log in details for a paypal account or under the log in button there a grey box that says "pay by direct debit or credit card" hit that and you're in business. 

I sincerely hope that helps and does so  without sounding patronising !

787 captain.  

17 minutes ago, jon b said:

I've just had another look at it. I was required to set up an account, but that was for  a simworks account not paypal, I went through the following steps then to purchase...………… 

Once logged into the simworks account I added the jet to my basket, then from the shopping cart page I hit " proceed to checkout" which takes you to the review and pay page. From there I hit "continue to paypal" , that opens another window where you can either enter the log in details for a paypal account or under the log in button there a grey box that says "pay by direct debit or credit card" hit that and you're in business. 

I sincerely hope that helps and does so  without sounding patronising !

I have this window, I click pay by credit card, enter my Visa number, my name, adress and so...I have just a validate button then Paypal ask me to open an account with fields to be filled in red. I have no more options!

Richard

Richard Portier

Ah, paypal sucks. I hope you get sorted soon

787 captain.