Sign in to follow this  
edwardwtlam

LINDA + Aerosoft A320 Pro + VRI FCU

For some reasons, when I turned the knob of speed, heading and Alt of my VRI FCU, the reading is jumping.  Please advise where I go wrong.  Thanks

Video: https://youtu.be/Gk0WJqzo_EM

Do you have them programmed to "Increase/decrease fast" ? That will cause that.

• Upvote 1

Hi Edward

The VRi MCP knobs have 2 speeds - slow and fast- depending on how fast you rotate the knob. LINDA usually provides 2 functions in each direction SPD_inc and SPD_incfast and SPD_dec and SPD_decfast. The fast functions increment by 5 or 10 units so that you don't have to twist the knob many times to change the value by a larger amount. The trick is to turn the knob slowly for small changes and rapidly for large changes.  

If you look at the MCP Combo page you will see the slow (+/-) and (++/--) function assignments. If you don't want them to jump assign the slow function to both entries.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

4 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

The trick is to turn the knob slowly for small changes and rapidly for large changes.

Thx Scot. I could never get that to work correctly or comfortably. Could be my encoders, I have used shift function to toggle between fast and slow with some success.

15 minutes ago, edwardwtlam said:

Um... How can I slow it down? 

In linda, which function do you programmed to you rotary switch? Both default aircraft and the ASAB?

26 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

In linda, which function do you programmed to you rotary switch? Both default aircraft and the ASAB?

I just use default

It is not sufficient to assign <empty> to the ++/- - operations. You need to assign the single move function to both the stop operation of the knob being even more intermittent:

• + = SPD_inc
  • ++ = SPD_inc
  • - = SPD_dec
  • - - = SPD_dec

There is not much else LINDA can do. It simply responds to the inputs received from the MCP/FCU. Some panels may vary on their sensitivity.

The fast functions can be modified to reduce the increment/decrement to a lower value (eg. From 10 to 5). The best way to do this is to locate the module function, paste it in the aircrafts user.lua file and then do the edit. The user.lua functions with the same name override the original functions. This is only useful for someone with programming knowledge. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for this.  This is strange really since I was ok when I was on fsx / Aerosoft Airbus X.  But suddenly it is not working after I moved to p3Dv4

The LINDA code is unchanged from the old Aerosoft A320 and the Pro releases for basic SPD, HDG and ALT inputs. I have not used FSX for some time. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK