Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

No option to turn on Progressive Taxi arrows in P3D 4.5?

I got my taxi clearance, but there is no option in the ATC window to turn on Progressive Taxi to the active,  in P3D 4.5  Should there be?  Can you turn it on or off from a keyboard key command?

It should never be an option. 😝

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

27 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It should never be an option. 😝

LOL...well...old habits die hard...can you turn it on and off, within 4.5?

24 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

can you turn it on and off, within 4.5?

Yes, same as in the past, in the ATC window [Turn On/Off Progressive Taxi]

Should be there when you are cleared to taxi to the runway.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I activate it from the ATC window. No problem. Using the latest version of P3D with all the "hot fixes".

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I activate it from the ATC window. No problem. Using the latest version of P3D with all the "hot fixes".

I downloaded the latest 'full install' yesterday...and when running it now..only have three options....but none of them has TURN ON, progressive taxi arrows, like all the others...and 4.4  So...don't know about that...but I do not have that even coming in the ATC window, like any other version.  Always something!

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Yes, same as in the past, in the ATC window [Turn On/Off Progressive Taxi]

Should be there when you are cleared to taxi to the runway.

Best regards

Correct...but for some reason, I did not have that line option to turn on or off...   I'll make another flight plan and see if there was some glitch as all....

I think gsx should implement a option to intergrate with vatsim.

wherby you get the taxi instructions  via atc

then enter it via gsx menu.

for instance 

delta183 heavy taxi via c d e f hold short  26L

via holding point A

insert that in the window. Enter 

and have the progressive taxi marking via the taxi instructions to active.

instead of looking up charts ?? Cause I’m lazy lol

i dunno lol maybe a stupid idea.

cheers 

mike

After you get clearance, make sure to tune to ground because that's where the progressive taxi option is. Other than that it should definitely, positively be there.

I miss the "hold short runway xx..." part of taxi instructions in P3D/FSX. I remember that these instructions were included in the Flight Unlimited 3 ATC, but all I get now is "continue taxi" after clearance is given, rather than "cleared to cross runway xx...". I much prefer the latter, but maybe ATC instructions have become more boring these days? What is the correct terminology in 2020?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just tested the old sim's Progressive Taxi arrows in my v4.5, all there, no issue. Working fine.

13 hours ago, molleh said:

After you get clearance, make sure to tune to ground because that's where the progressive taxi option is. Other than that it should definitely, positively be there.

Right...and did so...all the way back from P3D 4.4 to FS9.   It was simply not available to me...and I was under ATC control with a filed plan...I'm going to set another one up today..and see what gives...but yes..that is how it should be...

6 hours ago, vc10man said:

Just tested the old sim's Progressive Taxi arrows in my v4.5, all there, no issue. Working fine.

Ok...thanks...then either something happened...I did not get a good 'filed' flight plan..or something else installed is tangling with it.  I'm going to shortly fire up P3D and see what gives, again. Thank you to all that have responded to my query!

On 1/4/2020 at 9:44 PM, mikeymike said:

I think gsx should implement a option to intergrate with vatsim.

wherby you get the taxi instructions  via atc

then enter it via gsx menu.

for instance 

delta183 heavy taxi via c d e f hold short  26L

via holding point A

insert that in the window. Enter 

and have the progressive taxi marking via the taxi instructions to active.

instead of looking up charts ?? Cause I’m lazy lol

i dunno lol maybe a stupid idea.

cheers 

mike

I don't think that this is a stupid idea. I took your suggestion seriously and I have implemented this feature in my freeware LorbyLiveTraffic app. That version 1.73 has not been released yet, because the feature is still in prototype status. So if you want to try it, please send me a PM here in the forum.

You enter your taxi route as received from the controller on the external LLTX window by doubleclicking through the available taxiways along the path; until you are on the runway (taxi out) or at the gate (taxi in). LLTX will then paint a line of lights in the sim hugging the route (you can choose either big flashing yellow ones or small constant glow red ones). You don't have to use the AI traffic functionality of LLTX, it can be simply turned off.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

I don't think that this is a stupid idea. I took your suggestion seriously and I have implemented this feature in my freeware LorbyLiveTraffic app. That version 1.73 has not been released yet, because the feature is still in prototype status. So if you want to try it, please send me a PM here in the forum.

You enter your taxi route as received from the controller on the external LLTX window by doubleclicking through the available taxiways along the path; until you are on the runway (taxi out) or at the gate (taxi in). LLTX will then paint a line of lights in the sim hugging the route (you can choose either big flashing yellow ones or small constant glow red ones). You don't have to use the AI traffic functionality of LLTX, it can be simply turned off.

Best regards

Hi,

thank you for taking this seriously and having to put  the time and effort into implementing this!

ide be happy to rest this out.

cheers 

mike