Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Vox traffic levels

23 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

if MaxParkedAircraft is set very low, there's nothing on the ground at enroute airports (which is not much of a loss).

jay

as you say, not much of a loss.

yesterday, flying over the central Philippines, used AIC to see traffic at ground level some moving & some stationary (not that AIC is the best tool to use with vox)

will keep on observing (& use LNM to compare).

i think the "problem" with the "formula" is that where / when active counts are low, the remaining gates are filled with parked inactives to "fill" to the formula's answer ...... so at midnite, might look okay, but daytime no.

for now, cheers

john martin

Posted (edited)

BTW, I must have done something wrong. I set the MaxParkedAircraft=5 and now I have plenty enroute ground traffic. I'll try 2 on my next flight.

Edited by jabloomf1230

4 hours ago, vadriver said:

will keep on observing (& use LNM to compare)

jay

the more we observe, the more we ask 😉

my parallel quest in this is to understand the time spawned by vox of active terminals at the gate before & after flight. it seems to be about 30mins at least (but then i don't spend much more than that in my aircraft) & do narrow bodies "turnaround" quicker .... call me fussy.

i know that if i depart about the same time each flight, 'tis mostly the same aircraft nearby.

the before & after must affect the number of actives.

bottom line is trying to optimise what is a "great" AI engine in the first place. 

for now, cheers

john martin

On 3/26/2020 at 10:44 PM, vadriver said:

my parallel quest in this is to understand the time spawned by vox of active terminals at the gate before & after flight.

If you mean by that, how long does the AI engine continue to have aircraft take and land, then it's well more than 30 minutes. I've sat at an airport for at least an hour in control tower view and watched VOXATC manage flights all that time.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:44 PM, vadriver said:

i know that if i depart about the same time each flight, 'tis mostly the same aircraft nearby.

Although VOXATC is not entirely faithful to the AIG real world schedules, I've observed the same. The same planes take off and land in the same order at a specific airport at about the same time of day. I think that the 7.42 revision preserves the flight number and the destination airport at the user's departure airport. At least the ATC comms seem correct, like "Proceed direct BWI...". But the actual departure time does not seem to resemble the departure times in the AIG flightplans. It's pretty hard to keep track of this though. I use AI Companion, which lists both active aircraft and the actual AIG scheduled flights in separate windows.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:20 AM, vadriver said:

& just to add, my preferred with vox slider @ 100% is now:

<MaxParkedAircraft Value="2" />
    <MaxEnrouteAircraft Value="50" />
    <MaxActiveTerminalAircraft Value="80" />
    <TrafficGeneratedAtAllAirports Value="TRUE" />

After testing it correctly, this definitely works. Thanks again. No more clogged airports and the smaller enroute airports do show some parked traffic.