Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

TOGA Projects ENVSOUND Released at SimMarket

Is this just for natural sounds, or does it also make the ai engines more realistic as their passing by?

So I bought it.

First: many sounds. All environmental.. No AI engines. But wind, water, waves, birds, storm, thunder, etc. At this moment no airport related sounds like trucks, planes, etc.

In my opinion is hearing a part of these sounds in my cockpit A320 or A330 tested, more killing the immersion as enhancing it. 

Yes there is a way to turn down the volume for each type of sound. But I left the sliders middle and hearing birds inside a cockpit while my doors and windows are closed AND engines are running is not realistic in a tubeliner.

I had to turn the volume of birds so much down that I can't even hear them outside anymore. 

Unrealistic behaviour.

The sounds itself are very nice.

I rate the product 2 from 5 stars because it should enhance the immersion of a Flightsimulator and does that apparently not. It's even worse, it kills it.

They definite have to work on a solution that in a closed cockpit only realistic sounds are heard like in real live.

As I am interested in flying and not walking outside.

Rainsounds are enhanced and seem good to me.

Regards

Marcus 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, mpo910 said:

So I bought it.

First: many sounds. All environmental.. No AI engines. But wind, water, waves, birds, storm, thunder, etc. At this moment no airport related sounds like trucks, planes, etc.

In my opinion is hearing a part of these sounds in my cockpit A320 or A330 tested, more killing the immersion as enhancing it. 

Yes there is a way to turn down the volume for each type of sound. But I left the sliders middle and hearing birds inside a cockpit while my doors and windows are closed AND engines are running is not realistic in a tubeliner.

I had to turn the volume of birds so much down that I can't even hear them outside anymore. 

Unrealistic behaviour.

I rate the product 2 from 5 stars because it should enhance the immersion of a Flightsimulator and does that apparently not. It's even worse, it kills it.

They definite have to work on a solution that in a closed cockpit only realistic sounds are heard like in real live.

Regards

Marcus 

Hello Marcus

How have you set your sound settings in Prepar3D and what aircraft did you use to test this? Also did you test this at other places?
Birds sounds may be heard a bit when you are in a cold & dark situation but as soon as your batteries are ON, you should not hear anything even with engines OFF. What aircraft
I've personally been testing this a lot as this is really important to me as well and I honestly could not hear any bird from the inside with batteries ON when the systems fans are running.

Envsound is definitely not limited to general aviation and with good sound settings applied you should not have weird results, you can find some details about these settings in the user manual.

If you look at this video, you can see that with proper settings, you can't hear any bird or any unrealistic sound from the cockpit with engines running even on a small aircraft, a tubeliner is normally much noisier and should even more cover the ambiant sounds.

We obviously can't test all possible situations at all airport with all aircraft so that's perfectly normal that there are a few mistakes here and there, if we can improve the final result of course we will so any feedback is welcome 🙂

Edited by kmax59
  • Like 2

Maxime
TOGA projects

14 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I would ask who stands outside their aircraft listing to birds, but after reading another topic some enjoy taxi lines being draw all over the place. Each to their own as they say.

But hopefully might get better feedback from buyers than that terrible demo.

The same kids who want to buy a KORD airport because its got some burger King girl in a tight t-shirt. 

The same kids who want to give their pocket money to twitch streamers to buy BMWs and gastric bands. 

The same kids who want buy pay to beta products because they accept cheap tat because its a 'work in progress'  The Xp11 addon aircraft market is soley based on this premises. 

But then again what would I know. 

Saying that I have both envertext and envshade, so may be I'm being harsh.  Each to their own 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, mpo910 said:

So I bought it.

Unrealistic behaviour.

Regards

Marcus 

Part of the reason why I always disable all ORBX sounds except for aircraft, race track cars, or the train in the PNW airports.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Are there any bear, snakes, pigs, chicken, cows, sounds  as well?

If not I will still wait MSFS 2020

Geo

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

The same kids who want to buy a KORD airport because its got some burger King girl in a tight t-shirt. 

The same kids who want to give their pocket money to twitch streamers to buy BMWs and gastric bands. 

The same kids who want buy pay to beta products because they accept cheap tat because its a 'work in progress'  The Xp11 addon aircraft market is soley based on this premises. 

But then again what would I know. 

Saying that I have both envertext and envshade, so may be I'm being harsh.  Each to their own 

You made my day 😀 you forgot PPL lessons BTW 😉

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

You made my day 😀 you forgot PPL lessons BTW 😉

Hehe...mine too. 🙂

The pocket money to Twitch streamers knocked me outta' my chair as I too struggle with the concept.

And David...I agree that those kids wouldn't have the money for PPL or great addons because they're too busy dumping their allowance on to Twitch channels, hoping a popular streamer will notice and thank them personally on the live-stream...and if they're lucky....get their own special emoji's to spam in the chat window. 🤣 

And Fluffy ....I think all but a few here know who you're specifically referring to...and to that reference, I applaud the serious goals he's achieved in that arena, he literally saved his own life and I know his journey was a struggle, regardless what anyone thinks of him personally. 😉

As far as contributing my opinion about this new software...I have none, sorry.   Not my cup of tea, but enjoying the banter in this post.

I have evnshade as well...like the product but I think some of our third-party dev's who create these wonderful additions for us have a date with destiny when MSFS2020 hits the market (if everything I've seen thus far in the jaw-dropping vids is all in-house MS...i.e. Asobo Studios)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

22 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I think some of our third-party dev's who create these wonderful additions for us have a date with destiny when MSFS2020 hits the market (if everything I've seen thus far in the jaw-dropping vids is all in-house MS...i.e. Asobo Studios)

I really feel for Dev's. They like all of us have bills to pay. Out of the blue come MSFS after watching the new snow vid, I just think why would i ever fly P3D again. I also have no idea how apart from aircraft addons what more we would need. Well airports ofc but what else? So yer I truly feel for them.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I really feel for Dev's. They like all of us have bills to pay. Out of the blue come MSFS after watching the new snow vid, I just think why would i ever fly P3D again. I also have no idea how apart from aircraft addons what more we would need. Well airports ofc but what else? So yer I truly feel for them.

Yeah I feel for them as well...they have literally made this hobby what it is.

OMG...that SNOW vid....thought I could not be more impressed with the vids they produced thus far....to say this is going to be a Paradigm Shift in our hobby is an understatement.  There are no axioms to properly describe what changes we are about to be treated to. 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Going back to the subject, I finally bought it, and my first impression is very good. The rain sounds are very nice and real as they simulate quite well the noise effect when the rain hits the ground and the aircraft. Had no time yet to test other sounds like wind and thunders.

As for the birds, I like them also, and will tune up a bit their sounds, as to me they seem to be a little quiet (to my taste of course). You'd be surprised how loud can these sounds be at certain places. I barely heard them inside the cockpit with engines running, but only when I was cold and dark.

One suggestion to Maxime (TOGA) for the next updates, and I don't know if it's possible, but it would be interesting to add airport terminals ambiance sounds, like for instance, those who calls for boarding the flights, arriving, departures, calling for specific passengers by a typical name (probably adding the sounds in the native language of the airports we're in, with the help of the community), etc., etc.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I have thought for a long time that airports often are too quiet and thus sterile, so I welcome this add-on.

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

so, had a chance to test this out briefly. Overall, recommended. Rain sounds are very nice, and I did hear faint bird noise while in the cockpit, using the Carenado Cessna Citation II. As soon as I turned on the batteries, I didn't hear anything.

No conflict with AccuFeel. 

The comment that "nobody stands outside an airplane listening to birds chirping" is silly.

EnvSounds adds to the immersion, but it won't turn your sim into Jumanji

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1