Sign in to follow this  
Elwyn

Destination... Philippines

After seeing several photos and videos released by MS/Asobo I never saw any South East Asian countries especially Philippines my country being featured in MSFS2020 but first world countries. there's a lot of sites to see, explore 7103 Island.

I like to soar the mountains of Banaue Rice terraces

Banaue-Rice-Terraces-.jpg

Chocolate Hills in Bohol

Chocolate_Hills-1024x682.jpg

Volcano within volcano, Philippines largest caldera - Taal Volcano

taal.jpg

Or fly around monitoring Mayon Volcano activity

mayon.jpg

fly around the tallest mountain in the Philippines, Mt Apo

Mount-Apo.jpg

or island hoping in Hundred Islands.

Hundred-Islands-National-Park-Philippine

Hoping.... just hoping to see my those places depicted in future Sim. 

Just wanted to see unfamiliar places in sim for a change.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Maganda kuya.

Been there twice,  and love it. I can't wait myself to find the in-laws home by Mt. Arayat. 

I hear you ! I also look forward flying there and I will include the Moluccas and Sulawesi.

Except for the PNG sceneries from Orbx, the lack of appetite of scenery makers for this region is saddening. If FS20 delivers, island hopping there will be delightful.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

So many places in the world I long to fly to and explore.  A lot of beautiful scenery is located in third world and undeveloped areas. I'm hoping MS does a better job of covering these areas  and their airports with the new sim.

• Like 1

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

On 1/6/2020 at 10:59 AM, Casualcas said:

Maganda kuya.

Been there twice,  and love it. I can't wait myself to find the in-laws home by Mt. Arayat. 

I know it very well. Almost found some in-laws myself while I was living in Pampanga. Hated that the only nightlife I was able to find was in Angeles City, but it was all that was available and I do like a drink.

I think people are having too high expectations on what MS/Asobo and the Azure can do.Yes, there will be detailed areas made from photogrammetry, BUT it's very unlikely they can model the whole world to look like ie. these pictures.

That's where the third party developers come in, but to be honest, South East Asia, The far East, South America etc. have never been first priority for developers, and I'm afraid it will be the same after MSFS is released.

Still MSFS will be something we never have seen in a sim before, so let's just enjoy that, and hope someday in the future, we won't be able to tell the difference between Sim and real life. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

36 minutes ago, jlund said:

I think people are having too high expectations on what MS/Asobo and the Azure can do.Yes, there will be detailed areas made from photogrammetry, BUT it's very unlikely they can model the whole world to look like ie. these pictures.

That's where the third party developers come in, but to be honest, South East Asia, The far East, South America etc. have never been first priority for developers, and I'm afraid it will be the same after MSFS is released.

Still MSFS will be something we never have seen in a sim before, so let's just enjoy that, and hope someday in the future, we won't be able to tell the difference between Sim and real life. 🙂

The actual rendition of Asia is not very good. What is lacking ? We have good  meshes, Vector and Global doing a good job but the default LC maps are really mediocre and 3rd party addons (Scenery Tech comes to mind) a little better but barely.  Thats why FS20 ZL19 orthos should make a big difference. The only counter-example is, of  course, Japan which has a good LC map.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, jlund said:

Let's wait and see but I have the feeling MSFS will be the first PC simualtor to deliver, out of the box, a convincing VFR experience for the planet.

The combination of worldwide aerial imagery + autogen created from procedural rules established by the AI scanning of the aerial material. But then the terrain mesh resolution must be pretty high to deliver the details we see in some regions like this one.

In fact, I created for another simulator a very convicing VFR scenery for Lebanon in the Middle East using a 3rd party procedural autogen processor and some basic rules in the processor to divide the urban zones types vs the autogen that I custom made (houses and buildings typical to the area there). And then I added underneath a Level 16 (only) Orthophoto coverage using another 3rd party tool. The Ortho coverage was raw, i.e: not corrected or retouched or refined or anything like what we saw in MSFS previews vs Bing imagery.... And of course without using anything called AI.... And at the end the result surprised me. It was a very life like experience when flying low and slow over there. 

This is why I have solid hopes that Asobo will deliver with their powerful engine, talent and MS Tech a very rewarding VFR experience for the world. It won't be photogrammetry but a very fancy procedural one I suppose... Out of the box. 

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

17 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Let's wait and see but I have the feeling MSFS will be the first PC simuator to deliver, out of the box, a convincing VFR experience for the planet.

The combination of worldwide aerial imagery + autogen created from procedural rules established by the AI scanning of the aerial material. But then the terrain mesh resolution must be pretty high to deliver the details we see in some regions like this one.

In fact, I created for another simulator a very convicing VFR scenery for Lebanon in the Middle East using a 3rd party procedural autogen processor and some basic rules in the processor to divide the urban zones types vs the autogen that I custom made (houses and buildings typical to the area there). And then I added underneath a Level 16 (only) Orthophoto coverage using another 3rd party tool. The Ortho coverage was raw, i.e: not corrected or retouched or refined or anything like what we saw in MSFS previews vs Bing imagery.... And of course without using anything called AI.... And at the end the result surprised me. It was a very life like experience when flying low and slow over there. 

This is why I have solid hopes that Asobo will deliver with their powerful engine, talent and MS Tech a very rewarding VFR experience for the world. It won't be photogrammetry but a very fancy procedural one I suppose... Out of the box. 

I'm with you here. Of course the photogrammetry areas will be the areas where things will look 100% accurate and those don't cover much of the world right now. But I think the Azure A.I. + Photoimagery + Bing data will do wonders, way better than what we've seen so far on the current sims.

I don't see any 3rd parties matching that on the short term. It would be even harder to do it on those most remote parts of the world. You did an amazing job on your Lebanon scenery, doing it alone, without having the control over the base sim (X-Plane) engine, with little/poor data (I guess) and without having the help of supercomputers (A.I.). That said, we can only imagine what 200+ devs can do with all the resources they have and also having total control over their engine.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

7 hours ago, b737800 said:

I know it very well. Almost found some in-laws myself while I was living in Pampanga. Hated that the only nightlife I was able to find was in Angeles City, but it was all that was available and I do like a drink.

Nothing but rice as far as you can see. Lol

10 hours ago, jlund said:

I'm kinda optimistic for what they have promised that we can fly VFR in the entire planet, since they already introduced features that exceeds our expectations, hoping to have that immersion and recreate real flights that I experienced.

• Like 1

Being able to be a bush pilot in the islands and delivering supplies in bad weather is one of my dreams for a flight sim. 

Edited by UAL4life
  • Like 1