Sign in to follow this  
blincster

Traffic Global and p2atc

The tower tells me to take off, but there is ai aircrafts in line for take-offs and aircrafts on runway. Is there something I can do about it? Is p2atc able to fix this in coming updates?  

And also; is there a radio filter for voices?

Traffic Global made some changes to make Ground traffic visible to addons like P2A recently.  Unfortunately, they did not make all ground traffic visible, I suspect due to the 19 aircraft limit of X-Plane AI.  So P2A only sees the aircraft it displays in blue while on the ground.  This is not a bug in P2A.

I don't know what you mean by a radio filter for voices.  

Dave

That the voices, ex. the ivona voices gets a radio filter to sound more authentic, 

I have sometimes doing this with 3.party installations and audio routing. But what I wonder is if p2atc can have its own inbuilt filter (dsp) for radio effect. 

No, no filter.  You can add a .wav file for static in the Config windows.

Also, here's a pinned thread on the topic:

Dave

If you want to get VHF radio sounding voices using P2ATC and the standard MS voices I highly recommend watching THIS video.  It's quite a convoluted setup using Voicemeeter Potato but once understood and setup it's set and forget.  The ATC voices are tweaked using a free EQ app so they sound like the real in-aircraft radio voices.  Using Voicemeeter also allows you to have far more control over audio sending X-Plane sounds to any output dynamically rather than having to shutdown and restart each time.  Great for VR integration.

Ken.

• Like 2

I was just trading messages with Jim from Traffic Global, urging him to coordinate with you to keep from having ATC clearing me for an ILS landing and then at 500 ft. suddenly telling me to do a published go-around due to traffic on the runway. This happens a lot at busy airports. Or I am cleared for takeoff and on the runway when a jumbo jet lands on top of my plane. Rather ruins the morning.....

TG is going to be the dominant traffic program and you have the best ATC solution available. It would be a dynamite combination....

BTW, I did the installation that Kennair describes in the post just above this one. It works great....

1 hour ago, Quijote said:

I was just trading messages with Jim from Traffic Global, urging him to coordinate with you to keep from having ATC clearing me for an ILS landing and then at 500 ft. suddenly telling me to do a published go-around due to traffic on the runway. This happens a lot at busy airports. Or I am cleared for takeoff and on the runway when a jumbo jet lands on top of my plane. Rather ruins the morning.....

TG is going to be the dominant traffic program and you have the best ATC solution available. It would be a dynamite combination....

BTW, I did the installation that Kennair describes in the post just above this one. It works great....

That would be amazing. I had the exact same experiences and it would be great if the two developers work together.

I am having the same problem. If you use Command F1 you can see the active runways that Traffic Global is using. I program Pilot2ATC to match the active runways that Traffic Global is using but every time I file the flight plan, Pilot2ATC will change the flight plan to the runway it has in Airport Information. It doesn't matter what check boxes I click in Flt Pln tab on Pilot2ATC. I can have them all unchecked or Force Pilot Runway Selection. Nothing works- it always changes the flight plan. I even disabled the runways using Taxi Mint so that the runways are not listed as departure runways but it will still put in the departure runway according to its Info tab. Nothing works so you are taking off into oncoming traffic all the time.

16 hours ago, CaptainRJ said:

I am having the same problem. If you use Command F1 you can see the active runways that Traffic Global is using. I program Pilot2ATC to match the active runways that Traffic Global is using but every time I file the flight plan, Pilot2ATC will change the flight plan to the runway it has in Airport Information. It doesn't matter what check boxes I click in Flt Pln tab on Pilot2ATC. I can have them all unchecked or Force Pilot Runway Selection. Nothing works- it always changes the flight plan. I even disabled the runways using Taxi Mint so that the runways are not listed as departure runways but it will still put in the departure runway according to its Info tab. Nothing works so you are taking off into oncoming traffic all the time.

First, Traffic Global has been mostly wrong but they did just make a new release that gets the wind at airport elevation instead of your aircraft.  This should help a lot but I don't find it is following ATC flow rules much any longer with its multiple runway coding. I have only done one flight so it may have improved.  Anyway, it is always improving as does P2A

As for making Pilot2ATC do your bidding, enable the 'force pilot runway in flight plan tab'.  Then the changes due to weather won't happen.