Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

is pta still worth getting ?

NO!

If you can find a nice Tomatoshade preset, then stick with that. I can't recommend an add-on that requires an internet connection just to open and apply a preset. One day the server is available, then next day it could be out. Don't waste your time or money.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Evros said:

Actually, they dont. Respect is something that is earned, not granted. Matt has gambled away any and all respect that he started with or accumulated along the way. And that in effect extends to (and stems from) business entities that he represents. 

Personal opinion. 

Respect you give to someone. Even if you have just met the person

That your personal experience with Matt’s support is not positive does not say anything about the product which was originally made by Yuri.

PTA is a great product , has lots of features and example screenshots of different settings . TS had the same features + some more but several tweaks turn out a little different with the same values as in PTA. No issue if you only use PTA.

Myself I use a lot of expressions to have a dynamic environment. And even with that use a slightly different preset for each month.

Monitors are not all the same so the images are also not entirely the same. Also one likes a more vivid look ( I call it the Polaroid look ) while others want a more Out of the Window look,

Therefore having the ability to use a Shader modifying app is very welcome. And left or right PTA is the best in overall. I make PTA presets and fly with them. For the rest I am doing my own flightsim thing and I do not jump against the roof with each story about Matt.

I just look at PTA. Yuri did a great job 😊

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I know zero about the developer, but I like PTA and use it still. Simple install and use the include preset and you're good to go in a few seconds. 

What annoys me is why we need these tweaks in the first place. Why doesn't P3D come with more realistic color and contrast out of the box? 

Edited by simmerhead

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I stopped using PTA as I never found a good balance. Too complex. Unreliable developer. Default is the way to go

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jose De Campos

London

Envshade  Coupled with envtex by far the best in my opinion.

tried TS and while I do like the R&D preset 

it has a few issues with PBR at Some of my flightbeam airports.

cheers

mike

Edited by mikeymike

Envshade for me. Set it and forget it is what I like, and it looks pretty darn good too!

Edited by slait

- Aaron

8 hours ago, simmerhead said:

I know zero about the developer, but I like PTA and use it still. Simple install and use the include preset and you're good to go in a few seconds. 

What annoys me is why we need these tweaks in the first place. Why doesn't P3D come with more realistic color and contrast out of the box? 

The Fs world looks like what LM thinks is good. That is different from what lots of simmers feel it should look..

Therefore it is good that we can tweak the environment to our own taste..

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Agree, that's what P3D and having content providers is all about ... core simulation group + content providers is a MUCH larger resource pool than any single flight simulator entity trying to provide it all.  Besides who wants to be at the whim of a single "interpretation" of how things should look?  Not to mention the variances in monitor image quality, monitor settings, and GPU digital color space, etc. etc. ... visuals are like DNA, not two people see them the same way ... even a professional colorist will admit it's part interpretation.

Cheers, Rob.

I see no contradiction between the two. P3D could have a more realistic looking scenery out of the box, and those who feel the need for a more personal interpretation can tweak to their heart's content.

While we all have a unique vision of the world, I think the majority will agree that some graphics look more realistic than others. Dovetail for instance made some nice adjustments to the default scenery in their defunct simulator giving less need to tweak, and the new "FS2020" looks pretty good in alpha, although you can certainly nitpick everything if you want to. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Shader programs add to more realism. This is  PTA :

London%20city.jpg

Tivat%201.jpg

Saldo_4_4%20v16%20June%203.jpg

Black%20Marble%20+%20Ext%20Lights.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Shader programs add to more realism. This is  PTA :

Saldo_4_4%20v16%20June%203.jpg

Yes they do. I just don't like validation checks every time a program starts. Too many developers have disappeared, leaving us with add-ons that no longer work.

Gerard, which add-ons' clouds and what number set are you using in the pic above, please?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Stopped using PTA sometime ago and went to Envshade with Envtex and ASCA. I like the way Envshade auto adjusts and works in harmony with the other 2. Install and forget, with realistic visuals. Updates with Envdir a lot easier than PTA as well.

steve southey

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Agree, that's what P3D and having content providers is all about ... core simulation group + content providers is a MUCH larger resource pool than any single flight simulator entity trying to provide it all.  Besides who wants to be at the whim of a single "interpretation" of how things should look?  Not to mention the variances in monitor image quality, monitor settings, and GPU digital color space, etc. etc. ... visuals are like DNA, not two people see them the same way ... even a professional colorist will admit it's part interpretation.

Fully disagree, due to such approach P3D still looks like FS2004 in many aspects, from hideous default airports to ugly and disappearing shadows - list is long.

That is why majority of people will move to FS2020

Artur 

15 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Fully disagree, due to such approach P3D still looks like FS2004 in many aspects, from hideous default airports to ugly and disappearing shadows - list is long.

That is why majority of people will move to FS2020

Sorry, but that connection I cannot make. If your Fs2004 looks like P3D then you have a problem.. With or without Shader mods..,, 

I fullly agree with Rob.

I still prefer the PTA. Tomatoshade does not work OK with some of my addons and not all my addons have profiles on the internet, for some I modified them myself but not all the textures of all addon makers are compatible (take Carenado for example).

And now with the PBR I do not need tomatoshade so much. On my side I am sticking with PTA and Envshade.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.5

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Sorry, but that connection I cannot make. If your Fs2004 looks like P3D then you have a problem.. With or without Shader mods..,, 

I think we are not on the same page but good for u that P3D is up to ur taste, i just expect more from software being under development for a past few years - just my opinion here...

Artur