Sign in to follow this  
Tristan Marchent

Very slow loading time for 3D Objects

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year to everyone and hope you all had a good Christmas! I am posting this as I believe I've posted this before but I don't think I've been able to fix the problem. After flying nearly 4 hours today to Sheremetyevo Airport in Russia with the new FS Labs A321, when approaching the airport I noticed that the surrounding areas were very flat with no tree's, building etc showing. This was quite a disappointment as it just made it unrealistic but however when on final approach, they all started to appear albeit very slowly in front of me. This got me thinking that maybe something could be reducing the rate at which the 3D objects in my sim are generated.. and therefore is there anyway I can increase this at all? It seems like it's going back to the days of 32-bit systems and I'd rather have all the towns and city buildings showing ahead of time before I get there rather than loading up in chunks on final approach.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Tristan

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

One solution would be to have FFTF dynamically set in your sim. Look for it here, and read what it can do for you:

https://www.fspsstore.com/blog/news/fftf-dynamic-p3dv4-v1520

If you're running the latest P3Dv4.5 (hf#2) it will work.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks, any other suggestions at all?

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

I noticed something similar when coming down from cruise altitude. Turns out it was an Affinity Mask where I reversed two of the digits. This was with P3D v3 and an i7 6700 CPU. I don't use an AF in P3D v4 and I upgraded the mobo and CPU.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

8 hours ago, Tristan Marchent said:

Thanks, any other suggestions at all?

Reduce your settings. I am sorry if you do not like it, but what you observe is the "famous" "autogen loading late and in batches" - issue. Long time already reported to LM, they never lose any additional word about this except that it might be fixed in one of the coming updates. Never happened though...

Means: if you use autogen draw distance above "medium", you are automatically prone to this effect. Depending on the load you put on your hardware with all other settings, you might experience this late autogen loading sooner or later or sometimes not at all.

Personally, I simply reduced the autogen draw distance to "medium" unless I am flying low and slow (VFR mode), where I still keep it on max.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hello,

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Reduce your settings. I am sorry if you do not like it, but what you observe is the "famous" "autogen loading late and in batches" - issue.

I am ready to follow your advice, but my  autogen draw distance is already set to "medium" 😞

Any other parameter I should look at to get rid of this very disturbing phenomenon ?

Thanks - Gérard

I have the same problem for half a year. I also upgraded from GTX 1060 3GB to RTX 2070 Super and the problem still exists. Autogen draw distance is set to MEDIUM. Autogen is loading behind me on approach and starts to keep up at approx. 5NM from treshold.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

If you encounter autogen loading issues although you have set autogen draw distance on medium, then your other settings are simply to high. The delayed autogen loading is basically just an indication of an overloaded CPU. There are so many things you can do to reduce load on your CPU, it will be difficult to find what exact setting it is related to in every situation.

All I can say is that with autogen draw distance on medium, I do not have this phenomenon, also not if doing long haul flights with a rather complex aircraft into a big hub, such as flying the QW787 from Melbourne into Singapore or vice versa. But I use settings that some people still consider being bad:

- limited FPS to 30 inside P3D, VSYNC activated but triple buffering off. Monitor is running on 120Hz.

- a mixture between high and medium settings to achieve those 30FPS in 90% of my scenarios. On really heavy scenarios like EHAM in TE Netherlands, I obviously do not reach 30FPS...

- an AM that limits P3D to the six cores of my 8700K only, leaving the LPs free for other stuff.

- batch files to move addons running alongside P3D off core0 (Active Sky, ProATC/X, REX EF)

- using FFTF Dynamic when flying in and out of really heavy scenarios such as EDDF or EHAM with the AGL setting (FFTF Dynamic sets a FFTF value of 0.01 below 5000ft, reverts to the default value of 0.33 above 5000ft.

Does this help you? I guess not. It just illustrates that you need to find the sweetspot for your hardware and this might take some time testing different things and then use what suits you best.

Personally, I think it could be related to the combination of AM, limited FPS and not to high settings, so my suggestion for @Branimir is:

- Add a affinity mask of 85 to your config

- Lock FPS to 30, set VSYNC on (assuming your monitor has 60 or 120Hz refresh rate), leave triple buffering unchecked

- put your settings on a representative test scenario (I use LSZH from Aerosoft for this) as such that you get those 30FPS while sitting on the helipad in the R22.

And then test. If you still see autogen loading late and in patches with autogen draw distance on medium, you might reduce autogen density of buildings a notch.

Similar approach for @gaab: depending on your CPU, the Affinity Mask value needs to be adjusted, otherwise the same steps as for Branimir.

I do not say that this is the holy grail or that you absolutely in every case get better results, but it is worth trying, no?

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Yes, the main key for autogen loading is the P3D internal frame rate limiter (avoid the NVI one). Mine is set to 61 and FFTF at 0.1. I can see the autogen at FL350 from my FSLabs bus.

If you have Orbx products placed by Central 4, into a Library folder...or you migrated from your P3D root folder, TO....the Library Folder...what is apparently happening, is that P3D is seeing it as an Add On, like the airport or Region had been installed by an .xml file.  So...anything in your Library (out of the root folder) will be loaded into memory...and kill off a good portion of it, as well as the time needed by P3D to load all that memory overhead in.

If you are not using the Central 4 Library or Migration feature....then somebody else will have to add in.  You should only place any and all Orbx titles, installing them into the P3D (x.x) root folder.  When doing that...P3D will see those files as scenery, to be dealt with,  as per need....and call up...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Ehm, sorry, @Sesquashtoo, but I have no clue what you are trying to tell us. It does certainly not have any influence on autogen loading late and in batches or how fast textures of an airport are loaded whether or not the scenery is implemented via add-on.xml or not. Where did you get this false info from? I have about 40 sceneries using add-on.xml and about 60 sceneries using the classic approach and they behave exactly the same...

Greetings, Chris

After flying for an hour or more open Task Manger then Memory and see how much of your Memory is Cashed, you can see after some hours it as high as 10-12GB if your settings are high, when you start P3D it will be around 2GB that's why it`s better there are tools that can clear your cash as you fly.

The affects can be checked by just before approach pause the sim and wait and see the scenery load more detail as your CPU can now load scenery instead of FPS.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg