Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Spain Photo Scenery Freeware Package

Hmm, not the best organising of photo tiles on the ItalyPhotoreal weebly website.
Some folders are only downloadable as a latitudinal range of tiles which continue into a neighbouring country. Much prefer the province-by-province approach on AirHispania.

Giving it a test using the island of Crete to see if it's worth continuing to expand my collection.

@DJJose there may be some colour differentiation of ortho between payware and freeware scenery, however, I haven't yet come across any European payware scenery that doesn't match the ortho footprint perfectly.

The night lighting you mention works very well, just place at a higher priority than the ortho.
Every major road is represented with street lighting, which can feel a bit unrealistic. However, IMO, it's better than no lighting at all.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

38 minutes ago, DJJose said:

David,

Does Megascenery blend well with ORBX LEBB? The freeware version photoscenery is light green in the area and LEBB is more of a dark green.

There is a difference but its not harsh. More dark green than light green.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Here I have the complete MSE Spain scenery and AS Barcelona / Justsim Barcelona both blend in very well.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Spain is worth every of the 130GB (+1 GB for additional objects) that it takes, had no problems installing it, the only problem were my then small SSD disks, which are now heavily upsized so they can take a lot ot additional sceneries. I'm only flying VFR, quality is just great. 

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx 1080 Ti, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

Ive DL all around LSGG and took off from LSGG and fainted 🤣. Awe of the sight I was seeing. Going to DL all the Alp's down From LOWS to Nice.

Breath taking does not do it justice.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Wow love this I am downloaded all around LSGG.

Which link did you download this from, David?

9 hours ago, vc10man said:

Which link did you download this from, David?

You can DL just about all euro from here

https://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/download.html

DL the map. 

24 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You can DL just about all euro from here

https://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/download.html

DL the map. 

I think he wants to know the name (numbers) of the scenery to download.

One look at the EuropeGrid Map and it looks confusing. But, once you get used to it, it's easy to choose the areas. I just downloaded the northern part of Spain in order to compare with the other freeware Spain.

This is certainly the gift that keeps on giving and it will keep me busy until the new sim is released.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

17 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I think he wants to know the name (numbers) of the scenery to download.

One look at the EuropeGrid Map and it looks confusing. But, once you get used to it, it's easy to choose the areas. I just downloaded the northern part of Spain in order to compare with the other freeware Spain.

This is certainly the gift that keeps on giving and it will keep me busy until the new sim is released.

I cannot give the squares Dl there there just click on the square you need.

I DL all round and to the south east of LSGG and was totally blown away BIG time. Today I am DL all the way down to Nice and then LSGG all the way over to LOWS. Thats will give me all of the Alps.

Cannot wait to start using it. 

Just a huge game changer and mountains and rocky/barren area look so good. Orbx OLC look fine for green countries like the UK.

I also fine PR light on FPS. 

LSGG and LIME are going to get used a LOT for the next few weeks 🙂 

LOWS to LSGG looks like it going to get abused. 

Edited by Nyxx

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I cannot give the squares Dl there there just click on the square you need.

I DL all round and to the south east of LSGG and was totally blown away BIG time. Today I am DL all the way down to Nice and then LSGG all the way over to LOWS. Thats will give me all of the Alps.

Cannot wait to start using it. 

Just a huge game changer and mountains and rocky/barren area look so good. Orbx OLC look fine for green countries like the UK.

I also fine PR light on FPS. 

Do the mountainous terrain come with mesh? I have not ventured into those Italian areas because I'm too busy with the Spain package. 

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Do the mountainous terrain come with mesh? I have not ventured into those Italian areas because I'm too busy with the Spain package. 

I've not DL mesh and from what I've seen they don't need it. The only problem is picking your jaw of the floor.

Just 1 square when it's a mountain can be 1.7GB 

Edited by Nyxx

I have downloaded some photoscenery from that site, and I do not think that you can download individual "squares". They seem to come in rectangular chunks that include several squares in one download package. They are alternately coloured on the map so that you can more easily see which ones you are downloading.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I have downloaded some photoscenery from that site, and I do not think that you can download individual "squares". They seem to come in rectangular chunks that include several squares in one download package. They are alternately coloured on the map so that you can more easily see which ones you are downloading.

It seems the flat land parts do blocks of around 5, but not the mountain ones, I know I've been doing it all day.

Try 123-402 1 square 1.4GB all the mountain one seem to be 1 square 1.4-1.9GB.

48.1GB so far today.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

After some flying and testing I've decided to substitute the photo scenery in the freeware package with the one available in the EuroGrid Spain section. It's sharper, greener, my payware airports blend well, and the night lighting looks much more realistic. I kept the autogen & mesh files and simply replaced the photo scenery. The author of the pdf makes it easy for those that do not want to use the photo textures. In the additional folders only download autogen and mesh files and the folder structure, then download photo scenery using the EuroGrid map and copy the files to the folders.

It's working great and the scenery looks beautiful!

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

After some flying and testing I've decided to substitute the photo scenery in the freeware package with the one available in the EuroGrid Spain section. It's sharper, greener, my payware airports blend well, and the night lighting looks much more realistic. I kept the autogen & mesh files and simply replaced the photo scenery. The author of the pdf makes it easy for those that do not want to use the photo textures. In the additional folders only download autogen and mesh files and the folder structure, then download photo scenery using the EuroGrid map and copy the files to the folders.

It's working great and the scenery looks beautiful!

Screenshots pls.

I finished DL all the Alps and down to Nice and along the cost to join up with Spain. Total of 130GB. Hopefully doing a A321 EDDM to LSGG flight tonight. Hopefully we have lots of Screenshots to show you.

Edited by Nyxx