Spain Photo Scenery Freeware Package

3 hours ago, David Roch said:

:)))

No, no, we all owe these nice Italian folks a drink!! 👍
https://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/index.html

Glad you like it guys.
AnOV0l.jpg

Hi David Roch,

I'm trying to get some AG to show up in Portugal. I downloaded the AG for the area and extracted the texture files into my Portugal Photoscenery folder. I still do not see the AG or the lights.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

That's strange Jose.
I have the whole EU (all countries except Italy which has its own folder) installed into the same 650 Gb (!) folder, with a Scenery folder for the BGLs and a Texture folder with all the AGL files and it works like a charm.
Maybe didn't you put the correct AGLs in your Portugal Texture folder.

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 1:55 PM, Nyxx said:

Across the Alps

Looks fantastic, for me as a Swiss, I would love to finally have a good photoground again (CH PRO X is so outdated nowadays), but sadly I can simply not cope with sceneries that do not include seasons. I know, the amount of data would simply be enormous, but flying around in the Swiss Alps in January/February and having everything that green is just so wrong that it completely abolishes the benefit of nice photo ground. Might DL the Swiss parts anyway and only use it for summer flying... We will see, in one year from now, those photogrounds are anyway obsolete ;-)

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

That's strange Jose.
I have the whole EU (all countries except Italy which has its own folder) installed into the same 650 Gb (!) folder, with a Scenery folder for the BGLs and a Texture folder with all the AGL files and it works like a charm.
Maybe didn't you put the correct AGLs in your Portugal Texture folder.

I downloaded the ag zip and only extracted the textures from the appropriate zip files. Match all the photo scenery numbers in the Portugal area. There are no  scenery folders in the zip files. Maybe there's some scenery files that need to be downloaded from somewhere else?

It's amazing how all my payware airports in Spain blend with the photo scenery from the EUgrid map. The ag from the other Spain freeware package works great. Lots of eye candy to explore.

After I finish exploring Spain, I want to see what Italy looks like. There's also an AG package for Italy. Thanks again for pointing me to these photo packages.

Edited by DJJose

.Edited

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Sitting at the gate at LIME, alps in the back ground.

2020-1-13-12-58-19-36.png

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I downloaded the ag zip and only extracted the textures from the appropriate zip files. Match all the photo scenery numbers in the Portugal area. There are no  scenery folders in the zip files. Maybe there's some scenery files that need to be downloaded from somewhere else?

It's amazing how all my payware airports in Spain blend with the photo scenery from the EUgrid map. The ag from the other Spain freeware package works great. Lots of eye candy to explore.

After I finish exploring Spain, I want to see what Italy looks like. There's also an AG package for Italy. Thanks again for pointing me to these photo packages.

What I did was DL all of the Alps but like you say there just files. So i made a file called Swiss and within that file i made another called scenery, all files were placed in that scenery file. Added though P3D.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Sorry if I was unclear Jose, you don't need to download more scenery files.
As David is saying, you want to create a SPAIN folder, drop all the BGLs in a Scenery sub-folder and all the related AGLs in a Texture sub-folder, and simply add this new scenery to P3D the regular way.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

Downloaded all the tiles a few months ago and the photo scenery is pretty good however the quality varies between countries and there are areas where  there are very contrasting color differences and the occasional photo scenery strips that spoils the surrounding areas. For example as in Croatia and some nearby areas in the Balkans. There is a website that offer betters quality  photo scenery for some Balkan countries and others: http://ftxdes.blogspot.com/p/project-list.html.

4 hours ago, David Roch said:

Sorry if I was unclear Jose, you don't need to download more scenery files.
As David is saying, you want to create a SPAIN folder, drop all the BGLs in a Scenery sub-folder and all the related AGLs in a Texture sub-folder, and simply add this new scenery to P3D the regular way.

You were very clear.

I have a Portugal Photo Scenery folder. Inside I have a scenery folder with all the photo files. I also have a texture folder with all the AG files. It's successfully added to the scenery library. I took off from Tropicalsim's Porto and I could clearly see the photo without any AG.  Porto photo doesn't blend well but Lisbon does. So as been stated some photo areas are better than others. There's one more photo scenery for Portugal that I will heck out. 

If I do not like what I see, l can stick with ORBX Global/Vector combo. My goal was to get Spain to look great, and it does. 

Next up France & Italy.

Update: If the user fails to set up the folders properly, P3D will give you a scenery error when starting. So it's easy to know if the user fails to add the scenery with the photo files.

Edited by DJJose

I've just checked and you are perfectly right, almost no AG in Portugal.
Actually, it doesn't bother me that much because I take off from/land at LPPT which is superb and has its own AG for Lisboa.
And while up in the sky, no need for AG anymore :).

BTW, another gem for you folks:
https://motextures.wixsite.com/mo-textures/3d-night-lights

It brings some more lightning to the PR scenery.

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

David the links on that site seem dead 404.

?
Working for me. Try with another browser maybe?

Best regards,
David Roch

?
Working for me. Try with another browser maybe?

The Scenery work fine but lights all 404 in IE and chrome 

I've just checked and you are perfectly right, almost no AG in Portugal.
Actually, it doesn't bother me that much because I take off from/land at LPPT which is superb and has its own AG for Lisboa.
And while up in the sky, no need for AG anymore :).

BTW, another gem for you folks:
https://motextures.wixsite.com/mo-textures/3d-night-lights

It brings some more lightning to the PR scenery.

Thanks for the link.

Posted this in another thread:

Picked up RWS-PORTUGAL 3D ENVIRONMENT dirt cheap from their site because I wanted to add some vegetation, houses, and trees to my photo package, but even though the product page says "Over 1.5 million buildings and houses & A full assortment of vegetation covering all types of foliage," I do not see any houses or trees.

Just night lighting which I will be disabling because I don't need it.