Sign in to follow this  
kennedy2125

Cold and Dark to Engines on panel states

Hi All,

I was just wondering whether anyone has found a successful way of going from a cold and dark panel state to a fully ready to fly engines running panel state by simply loading a panel state from the FMC?

In the original FSX PMDG 737 there was a panel state named default which when selected loaded the plane ready to fly.  I had my FMC set up to load the plane into a cold and dark state on startup and whenever I just wanted to get flying quickly just loaded the default panel state and I was good to go.

In the PMDG NGXu I have set the startup panel state to be cold and dark just like in the original FSX model however if I then load the default panel state in the FMC everything in the plane changes to a ready to fly state except the ngines are not running.

I have tried pretty much everything to get it to work like the original FSX PMDG 737 but can;t seem to crack it.

Has anyone got any ideas for me?  I have read somewhere about saving and loading scenarios but it would be nice if I could just do it from the FMC.

Many Thanks for any assistance

Did you create a new c&d panel state, or copy the old one from the NGX?

I just did a flight using one of the 3 default startup states. I think it was the NGXu Long startup state. Upon arrival at the destination airport, I simply shut it down. I set everything off and then set payload to empty, adjusted the fuel level that I want to start with, and then saved it as a new startup state. I then set that one to be the default startup state. After that it always starts cold, dark, empty, and with about 1/3 tank of fuel. 

I had all kinds of unusual issues with the NGXu after the Christmas update. I deleted all of the startup states that I made before the update, and did the above procedure to get it setup again. The updated NGXu did not seem to like having pre-update panel states in the folder. I wasn't using them, and they still seemed to cause problems by just being there. Try moving all of them except for the 3 that start with "NGXu" out of the NGXu panelstate folder and creating a new startup state manually as above. It might help.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Hi MDFlier,

I used the cold and dark panel state that’s with the NGXu.

I did delete my previous panel states when I updated but even with those I couldn’t find a panel state that would take me from cold and dark to engines running by just selecting a panel state in the FMC.

not sure if you had the FSX version but it was just a case of selecting the default panel state in the fmc and everything in the plane would change to ready to fly. For some reason the NGXu doesn’t seem to do this when selecting the default state in the FMC.

its sounds trivial but I just sometimes don’t have the time to go through the startup process and my Virtual airline and GSX require me to start cold and dark to be able to use them before I start the engines.

I guess I will see if PMDG have a solution. There has to be something I am missing.

Thank you for your advice.