Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Which Carenado jet is best for XP11.41?

I'd like to choose the best one from out of the following:

1. Citation II S550

2. FA50 (Falcon 50)

3. Premier 390 1A

Will any of these work well while flying manual approaches with using flight director as guidance (with a/p off) on LPV approach and suedo Glideslope? If they all will do this then which of them has the least amount of known issues out of the box as of this date, generally speaking?

Thanks!

Old thread but I'd recommend the C550....with RXP GTN 750.  There's also a nice engine mod at the Org site that will give it a nice boost in climb perf.

I have the Falcon...it's terrible.

Don't have the PRM1.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah the AFL B350i is one of the better addons...  again I used mine with dual RXP GTN's (user mod at Org).  If you don't have GTN it uses the default FMS.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

FWIW - the Milviz Kingair is the AirFoil labs Kingair.  I had a pre-buy several years ago for the Milviz and their delays were exactly matched with those of Airfoil.  When Airfoil released theirs so did Milviz.  The Milviz download is in my file but it's the Airfoil that I fly.

• Like 1

The MV is the same model yes, but theirs is PL21 and for p3d -and it's very good now in p3d with SP1.

The AFL seems to be more of a super king air 300 but not sure 

Anyway both are excellent

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Tempted to get the Xplane one (and XP of course - haven't used it really since V8) - they seem to have some neat features.

(its just the current investment in all things P3D (scenery and other addons) thats making me pause) ...

How do you balance using both ? (investment wise)

It's a fair question.  Excluding Corona quarantine I limit myself to 50 bucks a month fun spending money.  I also only buy products I would truly fly and have fun with.

I also attempt (lol) to wait for sales for both platforms.

Finally I pick a really good freeware plane for both platforms and use that in between my quality addon purchases.

And work on being content haha!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hah the sale must have been in error.  It's gone now

A note about that GTN - it's the Aerobask version which is still decent... but nowhere close to the Reality XP version which uses the real GTN trainer.  I had been using a mod for quite some time that puts the RXP into the Eclipse but some people are saying it makes the rest of the cockpit gray now.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Thanks - yea it was a flash sale and gone in a few hours - I noticed that - its not bad for a baked in GTN but not the same as RXP - which is still on sale so will pick that up before EOM. - The Aerobask one can import fms flight plans at least (from Simbrief using the simbrief downloader) - so thats good

Does X-Plane itself ever go on sale ? - just researching the best way to get it now - Steam vs Native purchase - users over on x-plane.org suggested native has advantages - and Steam has a deep complex folder structure - even though it would work out about $8 cheaper (CDN) - likely will just get it direct from LR

** edit ** - I bit the bullet - why wait ... (direct)

Edited by julian46

YOLO! haha welcome to the dark side.  Remember it's going to be pretty different than P3D and FSX.  Just make a post here if you need help or make an account at The Org

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

thanks - Lol I've arrived! - spent about 3 hours yesterday getting all the custom scenery add on libraries - that was a challenge (to track some down) - watching the sale on X-org to see what else to pick up - nice 50% discounts

theres some great features in X-Plane (and new 11 interface - last one I used was XP8) - awesome to be able to map different controller layouts by aircraft

just got the ProjectFly plugin working - and BetterPushBack, SAM, AviTab, XCamera etc etc - there should be a X-over guide for anyone coming over from P3D ...

Some really good freeware scenery too - MisterX- and others (Again once you figure out the dependencies) - KPHL was ported over too - nice

(working on GSX like functions next - picked up the Rotate MD80 half price - will apply FlyTheMadDogX experience and see how it goes) (and of course the legendary Zibo 737)

Edited by julian46