Sign in to follow this  
CKAJCA

Numbers instead of text option?

Hi Dave

I wonder if it would be possible to have the option to display numbers instead of text i.e instead of <aircraft callsign> contact center on one one eight decimal seven seven it could display <aircraft callsign> contact center on 118.77. The same would apply for <aircraft callsign> taxi to runway two seven i.e. <aircraft callsign>taxi to runway 27. There are many other places where text could be replaced by the numbers. This would considerably reduce the amount of text that appears and in my opinion it would be much simpler to read and understand. Just a thought!

Regards Colin Ackerman

Edited by CKAJCA
additional text

The assigned frequency is displayed in the lower left of the main window in white, below the Com Active/Standby frequencies.

Dave

10 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

The assigned frequency is displayed in the lower left of the main window in white, below the Com Active/Standby frequencies.

Dave

Thanks for the information Dave. If however it is possible and you have the time I would very much appreciate the option to replace the text with numbers. Also, if it was possible just to display For example EGGD instead of echo golf golf delta that would be even better. Keep up the good work.

Regards Colin

Edited by CKAJCA
Additional text

Thanks for the information Dave. If however it is possible and you have the time I would very much appreciate the option to replace the text with numbers. Also, if it was possible just to display For example EGGD instead of echo golf golf delta that would be even better. Keep up the good work.

I don't know what you are looking at, but if it's the conversion (the scrolling text in the bottom right window by default), then P2A optionally sends that (with additional information) to a text file.

WideClient (and FSUIPC5) can, via a Lua plug-in, be instructed to obtain this and display it in a Lua-specified Window. In this process it colour codes the different text categories, and also performs the number conversions and the phonetic alphabet conversions you are asking for.

This was implemented to allow me to tidily display the ongoing exchanges on a little screen within my cockpit, but you might find it useful even in a non-cockpit setup.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

I don't know what you are looking at, but if it's the conversion (the scrolling text in the bottom right window by default), then P2A optionally sends that (with additional information) to a text file.

WideClient (and FSUIPC5) can, via a Lua plug-in, be instructed to obtain this and display it in a Lua-specified Window. In this process it colour codes the different text categories, and also performs the number conversions and the phonetic alphabet conversions you are asking for.

This was implemented to allow me to tidily display the ongoing exchanges on a little screen within my cockpit, but you might find it useful even in a non-cockpit setup.

Pete

Hi Pete, that is exactly what I need. Can I get a copy with instructions on how to set it up?

Regards Colin

19 hours ago, CKAJCA said:

Hi Pete, that is exactly what I need. Can I get a copy with instructions on how to set it up?

It's all in the file "TextMenu display Lua package.zip" in the downloadable WideFS package.

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

54 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

It's all in the file "TextMenu display Lua package.zip" in the downloadable WideFS package.

Pete

Thank you so much Pete

Regards Colin