Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 9th, 2020 - Development Update

Now with 16 gb RAM 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

1 hour ago, domkle said:

Surprised too. It was quite of short time to implement corrections on what alpha1 testers listed as deficiencies. 

I'm not alpha yet.
but from an outside perspective:
- there are certainly defects that were revealed by the testers in that phase of testing that were not known to ASOBO.
- then certainly also a lot of defects revealed but already known because not done at this stage by ASOBO on this alpha 1.

For this second category maybe ASOBO was already working for a long time without having included it in the alpha 1.

For proof the snow, published, and not present in the alpha 1.

The people who are already participating in Alpha 1 are really lucky people. Always included in the next builds.

I signed up for Alpha during the initial period, but didn't get selected. I'm actually thinking I may not even bother downloading the alpha if I'm selected soon. Why even bother when you'll be testing a build that has already been tested and they likely already have bug reports on. Unless I'm selected the latest build, I'm not going to bother. I really enjoyed alpha/beta testing FSX, but to truly test, you need the latest build.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

6 hours ago, jlund said:

I don't have my hopes up for getting into any of the Alphas, but I was quite disappointed with this update.No mention of anything with the winter video, no new screenshots, and it looks like there's nothing changed in the Feedback Snapshots, so not much new this time.

It just means that there'll be more new things to see next time.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

35 minutes ago, ranold said:

I signed up for Alpha during the initial period, but didn't get selected. I'm actually thinking I may not even bother downloading the alpha if I'm selected soon. Why even bother when you'll be testing a build that has already been tested and they likely already have bug reports on. Unless I'm selected the latest build, I'm not going to bother. I really enjoyed alpha/beta testing FSX, but to truly test, you need the latest build.

We don't know about that though. I don't think it's impossible that Tech Alpha 1 had some patches to fix the most outstanding issues, that would require more testing afterwards. In fact, the second wave might be just for that.

Feature additions will probably be reserved for the Tech Alpha 2.

• Upvote 5

I wonder if this will be consistent, that any one who gets into one test gets into all future ones.

59 minutes ago, ranold said:

@ASOBO i take ranold place , give him the room alpha 2 😋

Edited by azulkb

16 hours ago, Bear242 said:

This sentence "If you’ve registered for Tech Alpha 1 but have not been selected, make sure to keep an eye on your inbox starting next Monday!"

Goosebumps, as I understand it all tech alpha 1 signups who have not got in yet will get access

Where is the evidence for this? Microsoft's statement simply implies those who registered for tech alpha 1 will be registered for tech alpha 2. It does not mean they are guaranteed access.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ranold said:

Tech alpha 2 drops after the new invites have access, no need to worry.

11 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

Where is the evidence for this? Microsoft's statement simply implies those who registered for tech alpha 1 will be registered for tech alpha 2. It does not mean they are guaranteed access.

It's a good bet most of us won't ever get into the alpha or beta testing, unless the beta goes open at some point.

Many of us will have to just wait for release.

1 hour ago, Mengy said:

It's a good bet most of us won't ever get into the alpha or beta testing, unless the beta goes open at some point.

Many of us will have to just wait for release.

This is a quote from Microsoft regarding access to the tech Alpha (This was posted on December 12th), "In the meantime, our goal regarding participation remains the same – if you want to participate in early build testing and have registered (e.g. Tech Alpha 1, Tech Alpha 2, etc.), you are going to get access. The team is actively working to get additional people build access as quickly as possible. So stay tuned!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ranold said:

There is still a good reason to sign up and test a build others have already seen.

ASOBO needs to see how it runs on a huge variety of PC hardware, for one thing. Also, you may think of a unique way to break the sim that someone else hasn't found, or you may be flying over scenery areas that nobody else has commented on. The world is a big place.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

What will happen to the Alpha and Beta versions the day when the final version is released. Can they stop them from working so people HAVE to buy the final product (I hope so), other wise there may be a lot of people that just want to stick with the versions they've got.

I wonder if the Alpha2 will have more than the three planes that I guess is in the Alpha1.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

On all test programmes I've ever been part of we got the release version for life for free, as a thank you for testing.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg