Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

FSDT KORD and ILS freq for 10C/28C and 10R/28L

On 1/12/2020 at 1:10 AM, B777ER said:

Could be a node issue with the updater. When FSDT pushes an update out, there vendor is, in theory, supposed to push it out to all 170+ nodes worldwide. As has happened before, sometimes that does not happen. So you run the update thinking you have the update when in reality you don't get the update. Got to love the internet.

If can't be that, because he said he checked the AFCAD, and it's correct. If the issue really was he didn't get the September update, in which we fixed the 28C which had the wrong IVEZE ID, it would appear when checking the AFCAD.

No, it's either having modified the original AFCAD and not allowing the update (like the OP), or it's another scenery in conflict.

Edited by virtuali

There was an issue with another of the FSDT airports KJFK which had for some odd reason completely messed up parking spots when running P3D. I checked the file in ADEX and it all looked OK but in-sim it was all skewed,  and I had scanned the sim for any conflicts and there were none. This happened probably in one of the FSDT Live updates a few months back. This was resolved with the latest run of Live Update. May be an idea to check Live Update again.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

2 hours ago, ShezA said:

This was resolved with the latest run of Live Update. May be an idea to check Live Update again.

There was a problem in the FSDT KJFK and KIAH which happened only with the P3D 4.5 HF2, which was released Sept. 26th 2019. We fixed it 4 days later, with the Sept. 30th Live Update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

September 30th 2019

Change: KJFK V2- Compatibility fix for Prepar3D 4.5 HF2 to prevent shifted scenery.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:20 PM, G-YMML1 said:

ADE File!!!! not ADE software. 

If I were told specifically that Navaids for KORD were modified after the initial release, this entire discussion would never have taken place. Yes, I do not update ADE files via FSDT Updater as I'm not satisfied with the quality of parking codes/wing span  + I'm applying my own system of runways' utilization for AI usage, hence I'm creating my own ADE files.

Instead, I have been told "here is the screen of PFD, we have everything working on our side". All I wanted to see is the second screen with the list of Navaids. With that information I should be able to add orphaned ILS by myself. In order to get a real help finally I had no choice but to appoach AVSIM forums as I haven't gotten any help via FSDT support forums.

Anyway, the problem has been solved. Thank you Umberto, hope it won't go that far in the future.   

G-YMML1, could you please explain how you solved this issue. The original ADE that comes with the airport works fine. As you said, after modifying it using ADE, the original freq for 32L (IRVG) shows up for 28C. Any help is appreciated!

Jim

Jim Boerman